I should write a book called "Diary of an RPG Hoarder"

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
I emailed Noble Knight, and they asked me for a list. I sent them a list, they made me an offer (in money or trade,) I took money, they sent me labels and paid for shipping. I had to find boxes and pack the stuff up and drive the boxes to the FedEx store in town. Sometimes I think of the games I got rid of, but mostly I'm glad they are not here any more.

Most RPGs gain value over time. I mean, look at Noble Knight's website or ebay for prices on some of the D20 glut books - I thought those things would be recycling bin fodder forever. But many are surprisingly valuable!

I am running out of shelf space though, so now I have to think again about whether I need to keep the books when I have them in pdf form and if I am not actively using the book now...
I've been impressed with Noble Knight as a customer. If I had a lot of stuff to get rid off I would definitely consider selling to them. But I generally get rid of a game or two here and there. I've brought used items to a Half Price Books store near where I live, but the process of driving them there, waiting in line, handing over the stuff, then having to come back an hour or so later, to find that they won't take a bunk of items and those that they do take they offer so little money for that it is just a waste of my time.

For board games, I donate them to the game library at my LFGS. For board games they'll take everything. But they don't take TTRPG books. Luckily, I've been pretty picky about what TTRPG stuff I buy in physical format, so I don't see myself needing to get rid of a large number of books anytime soon.

Remove ads