D&D 5E I Think We Need A Bigger Shelf

Wizkid's new red dragon 'miniature' up for preorder and it’s a biggun, both in size and price! For $400 you can order the red dragon Balagos, the Flying Flame. This model is over 18 inches tall, and has a wingspan of nearly 2 feet! The wings and tail are detachable.

The miniature is taller than the Tiamat model released last year, although the wingspan isn't quite as wide.

Balagos is a famous red dragon from the Forgotten Realms who believed he was destined to rule over all dragonkind.

d1.png

Last edited by a moderator:

aco175

Legend
I wonder if I can use this for the 2023 box set; Red Dragon of Sword Coast Fame. Might need to make it for higher levels though.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Anyone have pictures of ALL the D&D dragon miniatures (the painted ones) all together? Like someone's collection? That would be cool to see. I own one - it's a black dragon from... not sure. Got it in a lot on Craig's List.

Nebulous

Legend
I like it, but for something that will probably only get used ONCE, it's not worth it. If I had the money to burn, sure, I would have all these giant "minis" on a shelf as collector items and man cave props.

I like it, but for something that will probably only get used ONCE, it's not worth it. If I had the money to burn, sure, I would have all these giant "minis" on a shelf as collector items and man cave props.
Yeah I def wouldn’t say no if someone got it for me as a gift (who am I kidding if hmbe horrified, $400?!?) but I can’t see getting this as a “I need this for every day gaming” item

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
Yeah I def wouldn’t say no if someone got it for me as a gift (who am I kidding if hmbe horrified, $400?!?) but I can’t see getting this as a “I need this for every day gaming” item
Yeah that's the thing. Could you have a use for this at the table? Sure, but how often are your players fighting an ancient red dragon to be worth this much money. I think its value is almost entirely as a collectible, which is fine, as long as you know that going in.

Yeah that's the thing. Could you have a use for this at the table? Sure, but how often are your players fighting an ancient red dragon to be worth this much money. I think its value is almost entirely as a collectible, which is fine, as long as you know that going in.
Well that and whenever we allow a player to be a garg red dragon which I probably most likely won’t allow without significant bribery

dalisprime

Explorer
Am I the only person annoyed by the scale of that thing? It almost dwarfs Tiamat and she should by all accounts be the largest chromatic by far. The GF9 red is the optimal ancient dragon size for me. This just feels excessive.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases