D&D 5E "I would play in a 5e game with no caster classes at all" (a poll)

I would play in a 5e game with no caster classes at all.

• Yes

Votes: 119 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 45 26.5%
  • Eric Noah is my half-fiend love child.

Votes: 6 3.5%

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
I could totally see a Dark Sun mini-campaign dedicated to executing recently-commissioned Defilers.

But in other settings, as you level up "no magic" becomes a handicap and eventually prohibitive.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
All casters? What would you even be missing at that point?
Hit points. I have an all caster game going on right now. Warlock, Wizard, Sorcerer and Bard. We had a druid, but the druid died and became the wizard. In most fights multiple PCs go down, often multiple times, which results in lots of exhaustion since I have that house rule in effect. They can dish out a lot of damage, but they can't take it.

Oofta

Legend
Hit points. I have an all caster game going on right now. Warlock, Wizard, Sorcerer and Bard. We had a druid, but the druid died and became the wizard. In most fights multiple PCs go down, often multiple times, which results in lots of exhaustion since I have that house rule in effect. They can dish out a lot of damage, but they can't take it.
That's unpossible! Everybody knows casters are vastly superior to those feeble martial types! ;)

Personally the last time I tried it was a total disaster and ended in a TPK. Of course that was in 2e so the group kind of deserved it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases