• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IA: Thurgan and Zarindas

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Yes, it was years ago..." Alyx wipes away a tear from her eyes.

*Zarindas nods, indicating that he would take a little bit.*

(OOC: Okey dokey, g'night!)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Thurgan Hammer, Dwarven Craftsman

Alyx said:
"Yes, it was years ago..." Alyx wipes away a tear from her eyes.
"Don' cry, lil one," Thurgan said, "Been long enough, should remember happier times."

*Thurgan blew out the inside of the cup, then took a look inside to make certain nothing in there would interfere with the dwarven ale he had. Seeing nothing, he poured a reasonable amount and offered the cup to Zarindas.*

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I...I guess you are right, Thurgan," Alyx agrees, struggling to smile.

*Zarindas thanks Thurgan for the ale, and takes a sip.*

"Ah, fine dwarven ale. My thanks."

Keia

I aim to misbehave

Alyx said:
"I...I guess you are right, Thurgan," Alyx agrees, struggling to smile.
" 'Course I am, lil one . . . but don' git used ta it. Don' happen too often, now," Thurgan said with a smile. "So, tell me 'bout yerself, lil' one."

Zarindas said:
"Ah, fine dwarven ale. My thanks."
*Thurgan nodded to the old man, taking another swig himself before capping the cask.*

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well, I guess you can tell I'm a half-elf...My Mommy was very kind, but she always seemed to wish I was a true elf. I've lived here In Orussus with Daddy since I was very small, and I've tried my best to fit in, but it seems like neither elves nor humans really have a place in their hearts for me, or at least, the people who I thought were my friends all vanished like smoke when I got this curse--their friendship was not as strong as their instinct for self-preservation, and they wouldn't believe me that it is not contagious..."

*Alyx begins to cough and then her eyes furrow in a wince, as her body shakes and trembles, as if in a minor seizure. Eventually she gets a hold of herself.*

"What about you, Thurgan? Surely a brave adventurer such as yourself has many tales to tell of fierce battles and inspiring heroics? If I get better, I think I want to be an adventurer too...They've been so kind to me, and it sounds so exciting."

Keia

I aim to misbehave

*Thurgan nodded appropriately (or so he thought) during Alyx's description. During her coughing, he reached for his wand . . . but stopped realizing it probably wouldn't help.*

Alyx said:
"What about you, Thurgan? Surely a brave adventurer such as yourself has many tales to tell of fierce battles and inspiring heroics? If I get better, I think I want to be an adventurer too...They've been so kind to me, and it sounds so exciting."
"Well, sure lil' one, I got me some tales," Thurgan commented. "But us dwarves 'er not good tellers . . . at least ta those not dwarves. Unnerstan' that, I'll give 'ef a go o' it."

"Now, dwarves mostly keep ta themselves, unnerstan? So, there's no tellin' the tale in oth'r circles . . . jus' between ya and me, even when yer a famous hero type, hear?"

*Thurgan paused, waited to get the agreement from the old man and Alyx.*

Rystil Arden

First Post
"You think I'll be a famous hero some day? You really think so?" Alyx asks excitedly.

*She nods her head eagerly to Thurgan's request, excited that she's about to be privy to a secret tale of heroics, and Zarindas gives a quick nod as well.*

Keia

I aim to misbehave

Alyx said:
"You think I'll be a famous hero some day? You really think so?" Alyx asks excitedly.
" 'Course, lil' one," Thurgan replied confidently. "Bein' a hero's all 'bout overcomin' obstacles . . . whether they're orcs, er fiendish animal buggers, curses, or even unknown creatures stalking the hallowed halls of the dwarven town of Stonepike, deep within the mountains . . . "

"It all started after me and me travelin' companions' had helped a wizzard, and some monks in a monaster-thin'. 'fore long, word was, a pair o' young dwarves was looking fer help . . . people was disappearin' . . . taken in the dark . . . an' them dwarves were lookin' fer help, even help that wasn't dwarves . . . ."

*Thurgan continued with his story, embellishing here and there, being modest about himself and emphasizing the bravery and courage of his companions, keeping the tale mostly honest. Occasionally he paused at critical moments to get a drink from his cask, or to become more comfortable in the chair that was trying to swallow him.*

" . . . thur lord-hisself had this ceremony-thin' after, ta thank me companions and me. Got me this fine Owlbear cloak from 'im in thanks. Stayed on a while working in thur forge, making certain no beasties had gotten away from us . . . ."

Thurgan paused a few moments, wondering just what became of his friends that had left before him, and why in the world he left the one place he could call home.

Realizing he was drifting, Thurgan finished, "Then I came here ta help you . . ."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Wow, that's amazing--you're amazing, Thurgan!" Alyx says, in awe of the story, "With you here to help me, I just know I'll be all better in no time!"

Keia

I aim to misbehave

Alyx said:
"Wow, that's amazing--you're amazing, Thurgan!" Alyx says, in awe of the story, "With you here to help me, I just know I'll be all better in no time!"
"Nahh, lil' one, just lucky . . . and w' some good friends that worked well tagether," Thurgan replied. "Glad ya liked the tale . . . now, remember what ya agreed ta, right?"

OOC: Nite!

Remove ads