IA: Thurgan and Zarindas

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I'm sure you could dance well if you set your mind to it and tried your best," Alyx asserts, "And I've heard that dwarves have some beautiful and resonant war chants and tavern songs...As for the curse, I think it's magic--it was cast by a demon, so are they magic?"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Thurgan Hammer, Dwarven Smith

Alyx said:
"I'm sure you could dance well if you set your mind to it and tried your best," Alyx asserts, "And I've heard that dwarves have some beautiful and resonant war chants and tavern songs...As for the curse, I think it's magic--it was cast by a demon, so are they magic?"
"Yeah, yeah dey do . . . though ya gotta be in a hall beneath the mountain ta really git the full impact o' it," Thurgan remembered. "Demons, magic?" Thurgan shrugged, "Dunno, don' care, just thinkin' 'bout the curse-thingy an' ways ta git roun' it. Nuttin' comin' ta mind just yet, though."

Rystil Arden

First Post
Thurgan said:
"Yeah, yeah dey do . . . though ya gotta be in a hall beneath the mountain ta really git the full impact o' it,"
"Really? If I get better, will you take me there some day to hear the chants there?" Alyx asks, smiling as she thinks of hearing the songs in the big, majestic hall.

Thurgan said:
"Dunno, don' care, just thinkin' 'bout the curse-thingy an' ways ta git roun' it. Nuttin' comin' ta mind just yet, though."

"Hmm...the clerics have tried several things, but nothing has done more than simply slow it...Only my ancestor's cure can save her, I am afraid...Speaking of those clerics, Alyx has been doing a bit better since the last adventurers have seen her, so I haven't had to pay the clerics again yet, so you can tell the others that so far I still have all of 20,000 gold of my money left to give to them."

Keia

I aim to misbehave

Alyx said:
"Really? If I get better, will you take me there some day to hear the chants there?" Alyx asks, smiling as she thinks of hearing the songs in the big, majestic hall.
"Sure, lil' one," Thurgan nodded in agreement. " 'Course it's gotta be on one of me normal trips to the Halls, though. It's a long journey just ta hear some chantin'."

Zarindas said:
"Hmm...the clerics have tried several things, but nothing has done more than simply slow it...Only my ancestor's cure can save her, I am afraid...Speaking of those clerics, Alyx has been doing a bit better since the last adventurers have seen her, so I haven't had to pay the clerics again yet, so you can tell the others that so far I still have all of 20,000 gold of my money left to give to them."
"I ken do that," Thurgan replied, " 'Course, ya ken put it in yer letter, too if ya want."

Keia

I aim to misbehave

Alyx said:
"Sure! Just let me know next time you go, OK?"

"Ah, good idea. Let me scribble that in...OK, there we go, all finished!"
"Okay, then," Thurgan said, answering them both. He stood, or tried to . . . escaping the cushion of comfort and doom. Thurgan tilted his head to the right quickly, hearing a satisfying crack. "Drink up, ol' man, gotta put da cup back. Anythin' you got, you think I'll need on the journey or would help some? Orb description, old stories passed down, stuff like dat?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Zarindas nods and finishes the ale.*

"Well, I gave the others a magical compass that will point in the right direction, so once you find them, you should have no problem finding the orb. As for old stories, well, they say that the orb was warded and guarded, but not by what or whom. Obviously, if the demon escaped, then the wards are down, at least. That's about it, I guess."

Keia

I aim to misbehave

Zarindas said:
*"Well, I gave the others a magical compass that will point in the right direction, so once you find them, you should have no problem finding the orb. As for old stories, well, they say that the orb was warded and guarded, but not by what or whom. Obviously, if the demon escaped, then the wards are down, at least. That's about it, I guess."
"Okey-do, ol' man, fer somethin' that's a historical family heirloom, ya don't know too much ta help," Thurgan commented good-naturedly. "That's okay, though, I prolly wouldn' remember much o' it anyway."

"Alyx, mebbe next time I see ya, you'll be dancin' up a storm, yes?" Thurgan offered.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I'm sorry, Thurgan...it's a very old heirloom that has been sealed away for centuries. What little I know comes from stories that the family has passed down."

"I hope so, Thurgan! I'd be glad to dance for you if I get better, though I might need a few days to stretch my muscles and warm up before I'm in good dancing shape."

Keia

I aim to misbehave

Zarindas said:
"I'm sorry, Thurgan...it's a very old heirloom that has been sealed away for centuries. What little I know comes from stories that the family has passed down."
"Like I said, no problem," Thurgan replied. "Anythin' else?"

Alyx said:
"I hope so, Thurgan! I'd be glad to dance for you if I get better, though I might need a few days to stretch my muscles and warm up before I'm in good dancing shape."
"Ah, ya don' have ta be very good ta be better'n me, lil' one," Thurgan replied. "Take care, now, yes?"

Remove ads