D&D 5E [IC] Adventures in Middle-Earth – ‘Where Rivers Run With Gold’

Fradak

Explorer
Heimdar approached the wall and whispered to Ursa. Those creatures doesn't kill their preys immediately. They keep them in cataplexy. Your friend may be still alive.

eayres33

Explorer
Ulfred moved quietly up to the others as he watched Caranthir struggle to get out of the web. He turned to the others and whispered, “Do we have a plan? Or are we just charging into the fire?”

OOC:
How far are the stairs from where the Caranthir is currently stuck?

For the moment Ulfred will walk up to Ursa, Belgo and Heimdar he isn’t going to move towards the stairs or up the wall until he sees what happens with Caranthir

Fradak

Explorer
"Diversion." Heimdar thought a couple of second before explaining his plan.

"We don't know how many spiders are living in this nest and I don't think we could remain unnoticed for long anyway. So we need to move them away from the cocoon chamber. Then we sneak into the ruins, find your friend and get out of there. At this point, speed will be more important than discretion. Beldor will be unconscious, someone will have to carry him. Combats will be tricky. I can do the diversion and find a way to catch up, if you want."

OOC: If Heimdar knows that the webs are flammable he continues :

Another solution, would be to set those webs on fire to frighten the spiders. As they are all connected, we could use the fire as a shield along the way to Beldor. The thing is, we need to set him free before the fire reaches him, or anyone there by the way. It is not impossible that we find other people still alive."

"I have a thing for the fire plan, I must confess. This way we don't just save a man, we destroy a nest and we may kill many of those abominations in the process."
said the hunter, holding two torches in his hands.

Last edited:

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Ursa nods at Heimdar appreciatively. The man seems to know what he’s doing. She is not sure about the fire, however.

”We need to get Beldor before setting the fire,” she insists. ”Fire’s unpredictable and can burn us as easily.”

She looks at Belgo for a moment, then continues, ”I’ll be bait if you guys watch over the lad.”

Ursa seems somewhat uncomfortable to leave the boy’s side, feeling very protective of him. However, she also feels she is best suited to the job.

Fradak

Explorer
[IC] Adventures in Middle-Earth – ‘Where Rivers Run With Gold’

"Deadly predators are lurking behind those walls. If I were you, I would let the boy here." Heimdar made a quick gesture and his dog came at his side. "Yggmir could watch over him."

Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
GM: Heimdar does not think the webs are especially flammable. You might be able to burn Caranthir free if he can't escape himself but it might also burn the elf.

The stairs are about 30ft from where Caranthir is stuck. You all could probably reach up with your arms extended and on your tee-toes reach him from the ground below

eayres33

Explorer
“I’m with Ursa, fire is unpredictable, its best to get Beldor free first.” Ulfred said as ran his tongue along the inside of his lip. “If we can get Caranthir free, he and Heimdar can go over the walls to free Beldor. Ursa can cause a distraction and I will cover her from a little farther back.”

Ulfred paused for a moment, “Perhaps we can take it unaware.”

Fradak

Explorer
"You don't want to go in there. I understand. I'll do it. I don't like to play the prey anyway. I just hope the elf gonna make it 'cause I don't know what your friend looks like.

And by the way, I usually don't risk my life for strangers. You seem to know my name but I don't know yours."

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases