D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Princes of Elemental Evil II

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Carradoc leaves the temple, and begins to look for a suitable place to cast his spell.

He doesn't like having had to admit that, but knows it is for the best. His companions are indefatigable, even if he finds himself thinking back to that single solitary figure in the small room who was copying out spells.

As they leave the road, he casts an Alarm spell as a ritual, so that anyone tracking them will trip it. They then walk off, across open ground a good distance before doing so again. In this quiet location off the road, he hears the noise of a small brook nearby, and waves his hands. "Safe," he says, as the place opens up, a small tent of force that will provide him refuge. "Come in if you like," he offers to his companions, and then promptly falls asleep.

Creamsteak

Explorer
You are able to rest, however, you do take notice of very slight tremors every hour or so. Enough to wake those sleeping not too deeply, but not enough to interfere with a long rest.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"You don't need to use it," says Carradoc as the walls dissolve into nothingness, like a bubble being popped on a summer day.

"But the rumbling wasn't me, and I don't think it was the hut. Still, no alarms, and I'm almost finished my studying. I'll be ready to go soon.

He turns back to his spell book, where he is furiously scribbling new ideas.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Thaliss wakes, and his blood is boiling with new power. The fire within him has grown stronger, and he is eager to test himself. He nods patiently at Carradoc, the wizard had been with him since the beginning, and he can afford to wait for his companion to finish his arcane studies.

Let us be on our way once you are ready, my friend, he says telepathically for all to hear.

[sblock=ooc] Almost done with leveling up, and going for sorcerer6/warlock 2 (+1 sorcerer). Thaliss' fireballs and create bondfires will now have +5 fire damage
I'm planning to swap invisibility for haste (@River Song, interested in a hasted barbarian? ;-), and take counterspell as the new spell learned.
[MENTION=552]Creamsteak[/MENTION], I took firebolt for the bonus cantrip that came with the spell sniper feat, but I have never used it. I'm assuming it is ok to swap it with green flame blade. pls let me know if it isn't[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Carradoc finishes the page, and looks up. His face is aglow, since he has just seen something new in the universe.

"Ready," he says, and spends the next ten minutes raving about the wonders that he has learned, his new insights into the world. It's all about him, but strangely the others find encouragement in it.

With a wave of his hand, his Mage Armour is up, and he is set.

OOC: Sorry for the hold-up -- I was dithering over feats (toying with picking up more cantrips, curiously to have more choice for attacks incl. taking firebolt!). In the end, went with Lucky. 12 temp hp now for everyone who wants it.

Currently: HP 60+12 temp., AC 17; spells 3/3/3/2; 3 luck.

Remove ads