D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Princes of Elemental Evil II

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Carradoc returns to the road, fully refreshed and grateful for the rest. His bag is heavy, laden with his share of the coins they are carrying, and he idly wonders of the fate of a Dragon Turtle.

He turns towards the Temple of Elemental Earth, and walks through the overcast morning.

Shayuri

First Post
Maighan shakes her head worriedly at the tremors.

"Normally small earthquakes aren't cause for alarm...but given this cult and its activities, I'm concerned. In what condition is the cult of Earth in right now?"

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Carradoc shrugs. "It's the last of the four temples; I am sure that its power has increased, if only through the absence of strong competition."

Creamsteak

Explorer
When you arrive at the Sovereign Stone Monastery (I presume?) you find the place much as you had left it, though also clearly no upkeep or repairs have been enacted on the surface facility. Another tiny tremor can be felt if you pay acute attention.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Carradoc turns to the others. "If we wait an hour, I should be able to have some clear sense of the internal layout of the building. I wouldn't be able to see in every room, but it may give us some clearer sense of what is to come. It would drain one of my most potent spells, however."

He looks to his companions, to see whether they are prepared to wait and whether they see this as a worthwhile investment.

OOC: Talking about Arcane Eye, which is invisible and can access anywhere there is at least a 1" space (and so most places unless they are specifically sealed, I'd have thought). Level 4 spell, but might give us a sense of much of the map, if we want it (and if Creamsteak agrees with my reading). But it's one less Polymorph. I'm open to opinions.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Thaliss nods at Carradoc. We can spare the hour he telepathically says. As the group waits, Thaliss amuses himself using move earth to create a moat around their campsite.

OOC: I'm all for getting a full layout, and I say we wait another long rest so you're at full polymorphs.

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: You can do that. You have previously explored most of this temple, and most of the downstairs area. It seems the occupants have evacuated, leaving only a single sealed doorway leading down below. A doorway that requires a key. A key you acquired a long time ago on your journey.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: I apologize, and am forgetful. Am I wrong that there is still one temple we need to explore/defeat? With over 2500 posts this game, I'm losing track, I'll admit. I thought this was that one. I blame the pbp medium in part, but my poor notes are also factor, I know.

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: There are three layers to each onion. An outpost (the sovereign stone monastery, riverguard keep, the wind knights tower deal you mostly cleared, and a place above the fire temple you never visited), a temple (air cleared, fire 90% cleared, water cleared, earth not touched), and an elemental node (you visited a part of the air one when you went down and fought red tornado). The earth temple is quite literally on the other side of said door in the basement of this place.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: That's very helpful -- thanks. I'm assuming that the arcane eye wouldn't be able to go down to the temple then, until we unlock the door; so let's leave that idea, unless someone speaks up and says something. Into th monastery, towards the locked door!

Remove ads