D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Princes of Elemental Evil II

Creamsteak

Explorer
After descending to the door you find your key and are able to unlock the door to the Temple of the Black Earth. The cavern continues downwards to the south and west from your current position.

OOC: Let me know anything you want to do in preparation at this point, I'll have to prep the map and such.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OOC: I propose that Carradoc cast arcane eye to scout the rest of the temple, and Thaliss will ritual cast Leomund'd tiny hut so we're safe for a long rest. This way, Carradoc will be at full spell slots. For added fun, Thaliss will release his familiar to keep an eye out on the other side of the door, and if someone/something appproaches, Thaliss will create an illusory door

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: Sorry for the delay -- I was hoping to hear from Shayuri or River Song. Someone spoke up (thanks, Steve Gorak), and so sure -- let's see what Arcane Eye gives us. Up and down corridors, through ventilation ducts, whatever, for an hour, as Carradoc describes things for a cartographer. It will give us some sense (I hope) of what's what, and numbers. If there's time for a long rest, that's fine, or I can go in one spell down. Either way is fine with me.

Excitement! adventure! Problematic spells for Creamsteak to adjudicate! :D

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Sorry, yep I'm here. Maighan hasn't much to add to this process. She can wildshape and snoop around, but not until we arrived at the door; and even then there's a fair amount of risk involved :))

Creamsteak

Explorer
After unlocking the door the ancient stairs descends about 250 feet in flights of 20 to 30 feet. As might be expected of dwarven construction, the structure has stood the test of time. Other than a noticeably smooth, worn patch in the middle of each step, the ancient stairs remain in good condition.

Assuming you send the eye first...

The passage leads to a subterranean chasm spanned by a zigzagging, ten-foot-wide stone bridge without railings. The bridge links tunnels leading north and south. The chasm floor is fifty feet below the bridge and consists of a jumbled mass of boulders. To the west, the chasm narrows and continues for some distance.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    311.8 KB · Views: 159

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC: That was the (my) intent - unless you (Creamsteak) want now for me to say "continue to BC 3 and proceed East." It's a powerful spell, though, and it may be fun-breaking. And if that's the case, we can just waive it. I don't want to needlessly draw focus, nor slow things down, nor sap fun like a fun vampire.

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: To me this seems like the natural way to manage the spell, as opposed to like a "map dungeon" button. Especially considering the eye only has normal vision and darkvision out to 30, thus limiting what it can actually notice in any given area.

Remove ads