• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Princes of Elemental Evil

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Thaliss moves into to the illusion he just created, and from there, he sets out a stream of blasts towards the hobgoblin monk in front of Kubeda

[sblock=ooc]
Bonus action: none

Move to T70

Action: Cast eldrich blast at hobgoblin monk in front of Kubeda
Note: advantage because inside illusion so unseen

Blast 1: attack [roll0]
Blast 1 adv: attack [roll1]
Force damage [roll2]

Blast 2: attack [roll3]
Blast 2 adv: attack [roll4]
Force damage [roll5]

Concentrating on hex (sleeping Y65 priest)
Minor illusion round 1/10

Note : Thaliss will cast shield as a reaction if he is hit by an attack that deals more than 8 damage (+5 to AC).
AC: 17
HP: 48/48 + 10temp

Resistance to fire (cloak) and lightning (leather armor)

Spells:
Sorceror: 1/4 1st level slots -1 shield -1 shield -1 hex
1/2 2nd level slots -1 misty step
warlock: 2/2 second level slots
Sorcery points remaining: 1
[/sblock]

River Song

Explorer
"Movement is life!" Kubeba laughs over his shoulder to Dent, but the hits were taking their toll.

He laughs at the hobgoblins feeble attempts, pink foam spraying from his mouth as he did.

[sblock=actions]
Start attacking Monk till it drops, then attack the guy next to him if there are still attacks left.

Going to do -5/+10

Attack 1: Hit AC: 17 Damage: 22

Attack 2: Hit AC: 23 (crit!) Damage: 40

Attack 3 (due to crit): Hit AC: 21 Damage: 18

ROLLS:

reckless attack: 2D20.HIGH(1)+3 = [14, 10]+3 = 17
2D20.HIGH(1)+3 = [19, 20]+3 = 23

reckless attack from crit: 2D20.HIGH(1)+3 = [16, 18]+3 = 21

reckless attack damage: 1D12+17 = [5]+17 = 22
1D12+17 = [1]+17 = 18

reckless attack damage crit: 2D12+17 = [11, 12]+17 = 40

[/sblock]

[sblock=ministat]

Init: +3
Senses: -
Passive Perception: 15
Speed : 40

DEFENSE
AC: 17 (unarmoured defence)
HP: 71 (6d12) Current: 28
Saves: Str & Con

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dent clapped Kubeba on the back. Hard. Heat singed its way down Dent's arm, through his hand, into Kubeba. It burned uncomfortably at first, then became nigh unbearable. The acrid scent of singed meat newly knit together filled the air. Dent withdrew his hand and poked his fingers through the torn bits of Kubeba's cloth. "It's better. More than I expected, even. Good."

OOC: Action: Cast cure wounds as 2nd-level spell on Kubeba for [roll0] [MENTION=6805147]River Song[/MENTION]
Bonus Action: None
Reaction: Fighting Style (Protection)
Move: None

hp 42/64
AC 21
Lay on Hands: 5/30
1st level spell slots: 3/4
2nd level spell slots: 1/2

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
While maintaining concentration on the water wall, Carradoc keeps his distance but shifts enough so that he can take a shot at the fire-sorceress.

OOC: Assuming a clear shot -- if not, then through the fire at one of the beings surrounding her.
To hit [roll0]. If a hit, damage = [roll1]necrotic, and target can't heal until my next turn.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Thaliss blasts the monk to death.

Kubeba rips apart the hobgoblin captain.

Dent heals Kubeba.

Carradoc gibs a magmin causing it to explode in flame. The woman seems to lose her concentration, the magmin are unharmed.

Miles takes this opportunity to attack the woman. He hits and deals 21 points of damage to her.

Moving Maighan up.

The woman uses her action to attempt persuasion (25). She calls off her magmin. "Look, I've done you no harm. You've already won. Let me live. I'm sure we can come to terms."

OOC: Up to you all if you want to continue this as a combat or not.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    275.4 KB · Views: 130

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
"Look, I've done you no harm. You've already won. Let me live. I'm sure we can come to terms."

Thaliss speaks up and steps out of his illusory fortress, taking a moment to enjoy her nakedness "A fair request coming from a fair maiden" He bows slightly with an inviting smile. "You are right that you have done us no harm, and please forgive us for assuming that you are guilty by association. Do show us that you are serious, by dispatching the sleeping priest over there" He points at the limp figure, and stands by to act should the woman be in a deceiving mood.

[sblock=ooc]
Move: move 5ft to U71
Ready action if woman becomes hostile, if not, Thaliss will send a couple of blasts after she performs her actions to finish him off.

Bonus action: none

Note: I am assuming advantage since he is unconscious

Blast 1: attack [roll0]
Blast 1 adv: attack [roll1]
Force damage [roll2]
necrotic damage from hex [roll3]

Blast 2: attack [roll4]
Blast 2 adv: attack [roll5]
Force damage [roll6]
necrotic damage from hex [roll7]

Concentrating on hex (sleeping Y65 priest)
Minor illusion round 2/10

Note : Thaliss will cast shield as a reaction if he is hit by an attack that deals more than 5 damage (+5 to AC).
AC: 17
HP: 48/48 + 10temp

Resistance to fire (cloak) and lightning (leather armor)

Spells:
Sorceror: 1/4 1st level slots -1 shield -1 shield -1 hex
1/2 2nd level slots -1 misty step
warlock: 2/2 second level slots
Sorcery points remaining: 1
[/sblock]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
As she walked over to the priest, Thaliss bows politely and ushers her in the proper direction. After she acts, blasts the priest to ensure he is dead, and perhaps as a show of force to the woman.

He then addresses her: "You are true to your word, for which we are grateful. Now, there seems to be many factions within this underground city, and we would much appreciate if you could enlighten us on what is going on."

River Song

Explorer
"Is that it?"Kubeba asks with a slightly confused look on his dark face. Exhaustion was catching up with him and he leaned up against the wall with a satisfied sigh. "That was a good fight, yes?"

Looking the attractive woman up and down he raises a speculative eyebrow but it is only half-hearted. "I am no scholar but you look like you belong to some fire group?"

Creamsteak

Explorer
"You walk within the domain of the Clergy of Elemental Fire. Our current figurehead is the esteemed Lady Vanifer, though cohesion has never been a strong point here. I'm afraid Bastian Thermander now runs operations at this level while Vanifer has retreated below to commune with Immix or some such thing."

Remove ads