• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Princes of Elemental Evil

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Carradoc grunts. His spells have been partly replenished, and he is prepared to go on. He doesn't want to show weakness to the others, but he too could use a longer rest profitably.

He does not object to Maighan's suggestion.

Creamsteak

Explorer
"You know, he really won't be expecting this. But if you're wanting to turn back, they might reinforce this side of the complex and be on alert. There are other ways in... if you want to approach this from another angle. I know another approach from the surface..."

The spellcaster seems really hyped up to go kill this particular person for some reason, but she will agree to fall back with you at the moment.

Miles suggest alternatively, "If we do rest in the air temple, we should figure out where we want to hide and get to it."

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
"Well, you seem ready and eager, and I have learned long ago to indulge when a lady is ready is eager" Thaliss says in jest. "Is there anything of interest from here to Bastian's quarters? For example, is there anything that could be of use around that pool of water" He points to the left.

OOC: I want to move things along guys. We made it this far, lets enjoy the ride!

Creamsteak

Explorer
"What? I'm not sure what you're thinking. That's just the well... The lava flows are dangerous, and as I said we could be seen, but that's the quickest route. Bastian like's a quick burn, so if you can protect yourself from his flames that would help..."

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Thaliss invokes words of power and moves ahead to scout the area.

OOC: cast guidance. Move to V53 and check the area
perception [roll0] plus [roll1]

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
[sblock=E12]A stone bridge stretches across a hot, hazy chasm lit by a river of lava forty feet below. The roof of the chasm hangs fifty feet above the bridge.

A large mechanism hangs in the air to the east. It is a set of steel pulleys and thick iron chains connected to a hanging barricade of black stone. The wall appears to be some sort of a canal lock.[/sblock]

[sblock=E13]Noise, light, and heat issue from this massive chamber. Runnels of lava flow from holes in the west wall into bronze troughs. Heat shimmers, smoke, and steam rise toward the domed ceiling, escaping through vents. Staircases rise at opposite ends o f t h e room, and a smaller passage exits to the east. An efreeti drives azers and salamanders to make armaments here while fire cultists strand guard[/sblock]

[sblock=E14]At the end of this passage a wooden platform similar to a drawbridge extends into a large regularly shaped vertical shaft perhaps fifty feet across. A large stone disk, twelve feet in diameter, hovers next to the wooden extension. The
shaft rises into inky blackness overhead, but a flickering ruddy light is visible far below.[/sblock]

[sblock=E7]This chamber is a barracks. Rows of bunks line the walls, and several tables fill the central portion. Braziers and torches are spaced at regular intervals throughout the place. Barrels, crates, and trunks have been stacked against the wall at the southern end. A wide opening in the southeast wall leads to a stone bridge spanning a firelit chasm.[/sblock]

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 125

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"What madness is this?" asks Carradoc as he sees the lave flow and the dam attempting to regulate it. "Such power! Such force," he gasps. He turns to his companions. "Do we proceed? shall I lead?"

He will proceed if at all encouraged.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads