D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Princes of Elemental Evil

Creamsteak

Explorer
Aridha attacks and misses the priest.

Dent attacks and smites the priest.

OOC: Unyielding requires a reaction. So if they use their reaction for that, they can't use their reaction for anything else. It would also mean they can't stop a second attempt to move or knock prone.

Also it looks like Shield Master does nothing for Tremor unless you are the only target.

The surrounded priest goes for another earth tremor. This one surprisingly deals 5 damage to Aridha, Dent, and Tolan and knocks all three prone. Since he seems to have succeeded at knocking everyone prone, I guess he will attempt to step out of melee with the group. I assume Everyone would take their attacks of opportunity even at disadvantage. All three attacks miss.

Qarbo decides that's a great thing and repeats his last spell, this time including Aridha in the burst. Damage rolled is 25. Aridha surprisingly fails her save (25 damage), while Tolan (12 damage) and Dent (12 damage) make theirs. He then moves back around the pillar.

The guards both end up around Damien. (Clarifying that I'm not using the flanking rules here so these attacks were all made normally with no advantage.) All four attacks land against the Warlock. A total of 29 points of damage.

OOC: This was a very rough round.
Damage Taken
Dent: 3/44
Tolan: 10/41
Aridha: 3/33
Thaliss: 26/35
Carradoc: 30/30
Damien: 10/39

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    252.2 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

Forged Fury

First Post
OOC: I don't think Shield Master helps against shatter. AFB at the moment, but don't all parts of Shield Master only work against DEX saves? Shatter is CON, IIRC.

Also, it's pretty clear we're absolutely not leveled for this combat.

"I think we need to be leaving!" Damien shouted as he beat a fighting retreat.

OOC: Action: Disengage
Move: To the garden door. Is it still open? I don't remember if we closed it. Anyway, I'm trying to position myself so that no more than one of the guards can attack me.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: I don't think Shield Master helps against shatter. AFB at the moment, but don't all parts of Shield Master only work against DEX saves? Shatter is CON, IIRC.

Also, it's pretty clear we're absolutely not leveled for this combat.

OOC: Ouch. Corrected for that. The dice have also rolled favorably for the bad guys this last round to a crazy degree.

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: Action: Disengage
Move: To the garden door. Is it still open? I don't remember if we closed it. Anyway, I'm trying to position myself so that no more than one of the guards can attack me.

OOC: I believe someone specified that they wanted to leave it open.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    271.9 KB · Views: 91

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Carradoc casts a sleep spell on a point in front of him, in hopes of catching the priest.

OOC: Sleep, focused on AA8. Hitpoints affected: [roll0]. Hoping he goes down; if so move to AA8.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Tolan rolls to his feet, dropping into his usual trance to try and clear his head from the ringing, and sprints around the front of the columns to try and provide some cover to his allies retreat.

OOC: Bonus Action: Rage (Frenzy)
Action: Dash (Speed -> 70')
Move: Stand (-15'), 55' to AB11

AC: 19 HP:10/41
Rage (1/3 used) Frenzy (1/1 used)
Resistance to Bludgeoning, Slashing Piercing
Frenzy: Bonus Action to Attack

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Thaliss moves behind the column to be out of view from the priest. Telepathically, he says to his prone companions Up and scatter! You are easy targets. Know that I have your backs! He proceeds to blast the injured guard.

OOC:
Move to AC9
Action: Eldrich blast on the injured guard
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

HP: 26/35
AC: 17
Spell slots remaining: 0/2 sorcerer (level 1), 1/2 warlock (level 2)

Last edited:

Remove ads