D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Storm King's Thunder: Goldenfields

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Davaros nods solemnly, as the reason invoked by the treant not to join the party was selfless. "May the gods watch over you Father Lifferlas, and may you have many more years ahead of you tending the forests." With that, Davaros circles back to his companions to check on their health, and satisfied he says: "To the abbey then, and we must ring the bell before we can rest!".
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Creamsteak

First Post
The travel to the abbey is uncontested. Upon arrival you find two sleeping black bears within, and only two dim candles at the entrance. A single acolyte seems to be sleeping on the pews within.
 

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
With authority, and without hesitation, Davaros adresses the acolyte while keeping an eye on the bears: "Wake, and sound the alarm bell! Goldenfields is under attack!"
 

Creamsteak

First Post
The acolyte is dumbstruck, falling from the pew in a panic at the sound of your voice. The bears slowly awaken and then shuffle towards your group. They start smelling around you inquisitively with their big wet noses.

"Gah! What? The stairs! Over there!" The acolyte seems clumsy and points towards a set of stairs leading towards the belltower of the abbey.
 

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
From his horse, Davaros orders the acolyte and the others "Shut the doors, and lock them securely. Once done, go to the walls and see if there are villagers coming and open the doors for them only".


If he can ride his horse upstairs, he will do so to expedite the process. If not, he will run up, and ring the bell.
 

Creamsteak

First Post
Davaros climbs the tower and rings the bell. The townsfolk awaken, torches are quickly lit, the guards on the walls start paying attention, and soon the entire area is seized by action.

From this vantage, you make out two huge lumbering figures that climb the southern wall... hill giants. You also can see one more band of goblins, bugbears, and ogres... but they have started to flee towards that same southern wall... scattering and panicked.

The giants seem to be heading in the direction of the abbey and will be here in a bit over a minute.
 

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OOC: Has 1 hour passed since the group left the inn? I need to know if Davaros' potion of heroism still has some steam.


From atop the bell tower, Davaros yells: "Two giants coming from the south." Looking at the guards he can see and at this companions "Prepare yourselves for battle!" He then comes down from the tower, looks around if he can see ranged weapons, grabs a few if he sees any, and scales up the wall on the south side to stand by the guards.

OOC: I forgot to mention it, but Davaros would have recovered the two javelins he threw at the ogre.

Also, can you give us a rundown of the number of guards in the abbey? Does there seem to be a leader? Thanks
 

Creamsteak

First Post
The abbey has no guards, only a handful of acolytes. The leader is Ellardin Davorik who is probably being woken up by the bells at the moment.
 

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OOC: OK, thanks. Davaros would then have spent a solid 20 seconds to ring the bell to make sure it was heard by all.

Tell me, is the abbey fortified? I assumed it would be, this is why I initially had Davaros push to get there. Fortunately, it's also where the bell is ;-)
 


Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OOC: Does it appear they can juggle? This might confuse the giants ;-)

Is there a keep, or any fortified building inside Goldenfields


After having rung the bell, Davaros runs down the stairs, sweating profusely, and asks the acolyte who is in charge. The man pointed to where Ellardin Davorik sleeps, and Davaros stops in front of his door and says loudly but politely "Sir Ellardin Davorik, I am Davaros Silverfist, and I am he who rang the bell. My companions and I battled Goldenfield invaders to this abbey to warn the entire town. Goldenfield is under attack, and marauders are within its walls. Two giants are also coming this way, do you know what they could be after?"
 

Creamsteak

First Post
There are a number of towers along the walls, food is typically stored below them and they tend to be the better defended part of town.

The priest steps outside, he seems a calm small man.

"Don't tell Zi, she will be furious, always so focused on fighting..."

He tries to think and then mutters... "Oh no idea... they came before I think. We drove them off. I entrusted things to our more military minded. Hold on... I may have something that can help..."

The older man procures four cure wounds potions and offers them to you.

The bears continue to investigate the party smelling around their bags and trying to rub their noses into and under your hands.
 

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Davaros thanks the priest, and drinks two potions on the spot. As some of his wounds heal, he inquires about who and where this Zi is located. He also asks about the location of the city guards' stronghold.

Once informed, Davaros will go to his companions and relay the information.

OOC: I am assuming these are four potions of healing. HP recovered: first potion [roll0], second potion [roll1]

I will also stop posting here for today, to let the others catch up.
 

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OOC: Davaros was at 25/44 hp, with the 11, he's at 36/44, so he will drink another potion [roll0].

Also, would the potion of heroism still be active (drank at the inn, duration 1h)
 

Creamsteak

First Post
The potion would still be active.

"Oh, Zi is just... a bit militant for one of the faithful. She was... overly concerned that we should get involved in the towns defensive affairs. She felt our support... inadequate..."
 

Euon eyed the bear nosing his palm. Its wet nose snuffled. Euon stood stock still, utterly afraid to move. He'd heard never to run from bears or wolves, but was rethinking the soundness of that advice. At length, he managed to rasp out, "Bears. There are bears here. Someone please remove them from me?" He dared do nothing else until the bears ceased their perusal.


OOC: I'd intended to heal Davaros, but with my being at a work conference the thread seems to have jumped quickly forward. I could have Euon cast cure wounds, if that would be helpful. Let me know where you're at with needing healing, [MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION] (perhaps you want to save some of the potions Davaros just downed and use Euon's healing instead? And if anyone else is injured, I could also use twin spell on that cure wounds.
 

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OOC: I'd intended to heal Davaros, but with my being at a work conference the thread seems to have jumped quickly forward. I could have Euon cast cure wounds, if that would be helpful. Let me know where you're at with needing healing, [MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION] (perhaps you want to save some of the potions Davaros just downed and use Euon's healing instead? And if anyone else is injured, I could also use twin spell on that cure wounds.

OOC: No worries CB! Davaros has healed himself over 45 hp already (temp hp, lay on hands + 3 healing potions), and I am sure we will need those spells to battle the giants. Davaros already blew threw most of his spells, so he will definitely need backup since he's a front-liner, and therefore will within reach of the giants. The way I see it, when resources (healing and spells) are tights such as now, you're always better to use up the least flexible resource first, so you have options later. At least, it's my tactical opinion ;-)
 

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
The potion would still be active.

"Oh, Zi is just... a bit militant for one of the faithful. She was... overly concerned that we should get involved in the towns defensive affairs. She felt our support... inadequate..."

Davaros is laconic, as time is pressing. "Thank you for your help. You should prepare for the attack. Can you tell me where I can find Zi?"

After the answer, Davaros nods to the man, and heads to his companions. "We will be facing another battle. I need your opinions: shall we stay here, or fight in the open?"
 

Creamsteak

First Post
Bears continue to favor Euon and nudge him in various ways.

"She often patrols the walls at night. She thinks I do not know, but sometimes we must turn a blind eye and allow youth to find their own mistakes. I don't know what kind of rumpus you expect, but please, away from the temple if you can."
 

Euon edged slowly away from the bears. They seemed nice enough, but one never could tell with bears. Or was that bees? Euon frowned, trying to remember. When the priest spoke, Euon listened carefully. He nodded. "They will have relics here, or holy texts, or do not wish their place of worship to be disturbed. If we can take the fight from your halls, we will, Monsignor." Having nothing else to add and there seeming to be little to do other than quit the temple and look for a more advantageous place to fight, Euon stood by the door while the others readied themselves.
 

Level Up!

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top