D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Storm King's Thunder: Goldenfields

Euon panicked. He hadn't counted on the blinded giant lumbering his direction. Euon flailed a bit, firing off a hasty spell, then shrank backward away from the giant deeper beneath his tree.

OOC: Move: W20
Action: Cast fire bolt at the blinded giant (range 120'). Attack [roll0] for [roll1] damage
Bonus Action: None
Reaction: None
 

log in or register to remove this ad




Creamsteak

First Post
Euon's fire blast consumes the giant in a conflagration. He drops to the ground and starts rolling around screaming and crying. "Stop! Stop! Grob give up! Grob give up!"

Paladin and horsey still have an action this turn I think?
 

From his place of safety under the tree, Euon averted his eyes and clapped his hands over his ears, guilt-ridden and ashamed of himself for his cowardice. The pitiful bleating of the dying giant seared itself on Euon's heart. "Not cut out for this, not at all," he muttered over and over, shaking his head no.
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Lilly continues to move through the forest, following a trail being broken by Whistler. When she sees a shot at the giant, she takes it.


*
Move: to AH 10. Fires South, at the blinded giant.
Attack: [roll0], if a hit damage = [roll1] piercing.

Whistler; move to AK10.
 

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
"Stop! Stop! Grob give up! Grob give up!"

Davaros yells at the giant, deadly serious: "Knock your friend out if you want to live". Davaros stands ready to strike the humanoid if the it does not seem to comply.

OOC: [roll0] +6 if persuasion, +3 if intimidation. Extra roll if advantage applies because giant is frightened of Davaros: [roll1]
 

Creamsteak

First Post
"Lob where you at, I gotta beatchu."

Grob wanders around falling in the stream along the way, now seemingly starting to drown.

The other giant takes an arrow in the knee and falls into a tree unconcious.

OOC: Effectively out of combat.
 

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
"Lob where you at, I gotta beatchu."

Grob wanders around falling in the stream along the way, now seemingly starting to drown.

The other giant takes an arrow in the knee and falls into a tree unconcious.

OOC: Effectively out of combat.

OOC: To make sure I understand: Lob=blinded giant, got an arrow to the knee and was knocked out by Grob? Grob= the frightened giant that Davaros attacked and that is now drowning in a stream. Right? FYI, Davaros attacked the giant that wasn't blinded.


Davaros cleans his sword, pets his horse, and turns to the others. "Are you unharmed? It seems we were victorious against two giants. Too bad no bard is present, because fortune is definitely on our side!". He then closes his eyed and raises his head towards the heavens, and mumbles a prayer to thank the gods.
 


Euon ducked out from beneath his tree. He eyed the drowning giant and cringed. "Shouldn't we do something to save them? Perhaps they've useful information? I'd like to know why they've set upon the abby."
 

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Bellalalinda makes a quick assessment of the situation, and makes a call. Putting her fingers to her lips she lets out a whistle, imitating the lark in the morning when the mist is still on the hills.

Whistler turns, and she points, and the great ape nods, or perhaps shrugs. Soon he is moving towards the river, grabbing a large branch which he offers towards the drowning giant. Bellalalinda skips to catch up.
 


Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Davaros ends his prayer-induced reverie and goes to the blind giant. He says: "You saw how quickly we were able to disable you. Cooperate, and you may live. Now tell us, why are you inside the city walls and who are you working with?"

OOC: persuasion [roll0]
Insight to see if he is lying [roll1]
 


Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Davaros continues his interrogation, somewhat irritated at the apparent stupidity of his interlocutor "Who told you that there was food here? What did they look like?"

OOC: From the previous insight check (total 16), does Davaros believe that the giant is lying or hiding something?
 


Euon was much relieved to see Bellalalinda and Whistler help the drowning giant. He couldn't quite be sure which giant was Grob and which was Lob, but no matter. He want to the riverbank to help Whistler haul out the drowning giant. When it became clear Grob was baying for food but Davaros was stubbornly insisting there might be no food, Euon sighed. He stepped close to Davaros and whispered in the man's left ear, "They might be giants, but they're not daft. Cors there's food in the abby. Any muzzy-headed fool would know it. Too many orchards, and too many granaries towering over the walls, visible from a distance."

To Grob, Euon offered, "You cannot steal food from the Abby, we won't permit it. But perhaps you could barter something with the Abbot to trade for food. What do you, or Lob, or Guh have to offer in trade? I bet you've something the abby would trade for."


OOC: [roll0]
 

Creamsteak

First Post
"Grob... have..."

He reaches into his sack fumbling and pulling out an ornate tapestry, several pieces of golden jewelry, a dozen gemstones, a platinum goblet, and a female humanoid mannequin.

"Grob have just junk. And this pretty lady. Got food for that?"
 

Level Up!

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top