• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

5E [IC] Creamsteak's Storm King's Thunder: Waterdeep

Creamsteak

Villager
Overlooking the hall to the north and south are unguarded 20-foot-high ledges that have no railings or battlements. Giants once stood atop these ledges, ready to hurl rocks at interlopers that passed below. Five niches are carved into the back wall of each ledge. Each one holds an iron sconce.

Ahead you see the barbarians. They've turned to face your party. Their chieftain wears a silver amulet and has a chained white dragon wyrmling at his side. He addresses Harshnag.

"Your temple treasures are mine, giant. Prepare to die."

Harshnag starts laughing. "These are not my halls, and you won't find any great treasures here. Can't get the door open on your own, can you?"

Actions?

OOC: Note the map squares here are 20 feet.
 

Attachments

Yavathol

Explorer
Gul laughs in a slightly maniacal manner, and says, "Let's see how aggressive they are after this!"

OOC:
Casting fireball! DC 15 dex save
[roll0]

Should be able to catch all six creatures towards the front, I think, leaving the three by the doors!
Note: Gul will cast Shield with a warlock slot as a reaction if he is hit by an attack (+5 to AC).
 
Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Explorer
OOC:
OOC: Um. Sure on the oath switch and the elemental resistance type change to fire from cold.
Thanks for this. FYI, Davaros has no damage resistance. I was refering to the oath of the ancients aura at level 7 that gives resistance to spells, in a 10 ft radius. Since Zagrevanje (the fire giant's sword) has a heat metal effect, I wanted to confirm that the damage resistance applied. I will assume it does unless you tell me otherwise.

Also, I can't remember if you gave us a bonus christmas feat for this game too. I will assume you did, and Davaros takes mounted combattant


Sitting proudly on his steed, Davaros sighs at the bloodshed that is sure to come. The barbarians had imposed this fight on them, and they didn't seem ready to change their minds. Drawing his sword, he readied himself for the pain to coms as he spoke its magic command. However, he was surprised that it was marginal compared to what he expected. The blacksmith's gloves seemed to help, but he felt the magic behind the protection, and whispered a thankful prayer.

As his drawn sword was set ablase, he mentally commanded his hose to move and attacked one of the barbarians in the front. Since there were many, and this could be a challenging fight, he ordered his steed to withdraw, and readied himself for the next charge.

[sblock=ooc]
Horse
I am using the stats of the base warhorse

Move: 60 ft forward
Action: dash: move additioal 10 ft to let Davaros attack, and then move back 50 ft


Davaros Silverfist

Bonus action: activate Zagrevanje

Damage taken [roll0] divided by two from aura of warding minus 5 from blacksmith's gloves

Davaros action: Attack Barbarian, will use great weapon fighting -5 attack/+10 damage

Davaros has advantage because of the mounted combattant feat

Davaros attack 1 [roll1]
Davaros attack 1 advantage [roll2]
damage [roll3]+15
fire damage [roll4]

Davaros attack 2 [roll5]
Davaros attack 2 advantage [roll6]
damage [roll7]+15
fire damage [roll8]

Move: none (on horse)

Reaction: use reaction for +1 AC

HP: 60/60 minus fire damage from activating sword


AC:17 +1 use of reaction = 18

Spells:
level 1: 4/4
level 2: 3/3

Lay on hands: 35/35 remaining

Divine health: immune to diseases
Aura of protection: +3 (cha) bonus to saves, 10ft radius fo friendly creatures, must be conscious.
Aura of warding: You and friendly creatures within 10 feet of you have resistance to damage from spells
[/sblock]
 

Steve Gorak

Explorer
OOC:
Damage taken [roll0] divided by two from aura of warding minus 5 from blacksmith's gloves

Davaros attack 1 [roll1]
Davaros attack 1 advantage [roll2]
damage [roll3]+15
fire damage [roll4]
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Bellalalalinda dismounts, and reaches for a quarrel. She loads her crossbow and fires.

Whistler moves forward, his gambolling gait dodging any missiles coming from the barbarians. As he does so, his fists are picking up clumps of snow, and he is forming snowballs around the rocks he was already holding. He is ready to attack.

OOC: Bellalalalalinda: fires at the gloating barbarian with sharpshooter. (assuming he was in the fireball; if not, then at one of the barbs in the fireball).
[roll0]. If a hit, damage = [roll1].

Whistler moves forward 30' diagonally (towards the barbarians, but towards the north wall). Dodging.
 

Creamsteak

Villager
Davaros lands a hit, as does Bell. The opposition is still standing though.

Only the front-most berserker gets a hit in, but it's a critical hit for 19 against Harshnag. The shaman in the middle of their numbers casts Crusader's Mantle bolstering all of their attacks.

Parties turn. Also if you find it helpful you can load into the interface for this stuff with this link if you like: https://app.roll20.net/join/2452194/k6xzSA
 

Attachments

Yavathol

Explorer

Considering the dragon to be the biggest threat, and trusting that Harshnag could handle the Uthgardt, Gul focused his will and tapped into the Weave. Three bursts of flame flashed past Davaros and his steed, heading towards the wyrm.

OOC:
Note: Gul will cast Absorb Elements with a warlock slot as a reaction if the dragon breathes on him. Alternatively, Shield if hit by an attack!

Action: cast Scorching Ray, all 3 rays directed at the dragon.
Move: move 30' south east, hugging the south wall, one square short of being due south of Harshnag, I believe.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Gul has a mount as well, I wasn't sure if the terrain was suitable though? We can say that Gul dismounted and left him at the entrance?


[sblock=status]Gul hp 35/35 Temp.hp 7
Str +0 Dex +2, Con +1, Int +4, Wis +0(+3 Saves), Cha +2(+5 Saves)
Arcana +7, Religion +7, Investigation +7, Stealth +5 (disadvantage), Survival +3, Concentration +1
AC 13 + 3 Mirror Images AC12 (18 in armour)
Inspiration no
Concentrating: no

Spells/day: 4/4 2/3 1/2
Pact Magic(1st): 2/2
HD: 4d6+2d8/4d6+2d8
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?488824-RG-Creamsteak-s-Storm-King-s-Thunder&p=6897185&viewfull=1#post6897185
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Explorer
Davaros Silverfist
Davaros points his sword at the dragon and says "you are mine!". He directs his steed towards the creature.

[sblock=ooc]
Horse
I am using the stats of the base warhorse

Move: move to dragon, then move straigt down on map to put disctance between him and the ennemies
Action: disengage, and move strait down on the map

Davaros Silverfist

Bonus action: cast hunter's mark on dragon.

Davaros action: Attack dragon will use great weapon fighting -5 attack/+10 damage
If dragon is still standing, will use divine smite on attacks.


Davaros has advantage because of the mounted combattant feat

Davaros attack 1 [roll0]
Davaros attack 1 advantage [roll1]
damage [roll2]+15
fire damage [roll3]
Necrotic damage [roll4]


Move: none (on horse)

Reaction: use reaction for +1 AC

HP: 60/60 minus fire damage from activating sword


AC:17 +1 use of reaction = 18

Spells:
level 1: 3/4 (-1 hunter's mark)
level 2: 3/3

Lay on hands: 35/35 remaining

Divine health: immune to diseases
Aura of protection: +3 (cha) bonus to saves, 10ft radius fo friendly creatures, must be conscious.
Aura of warding: You and friendly creatures within 10 feet of you have resistance to damage from spells
[/sblock]
 

Steve Gorak

Explorer
[sblock=attack_2]
Davaros attack 2 [roll0]
Davaros attack 2 advantage [roll1]
damage [roll2]+15
fire damage [roll3]
Necrotic damage [roll4]
[/sblock]
 

Creamsteak

Villager
The wyrmling dies to two bolts from Gul. Davaros finishes off the nearest barbarian on his second attack.

Harshnag connects twice into the front-most barbarian near him, taking that one out.

Bell still has her actions.
 

Attachments

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Whistler moves forward along the wall, and launches two rock-filled snowballs at the barbarian now approaching Harshnag.

OOC: The one at L3 if top left is A1)
Attack: [roll0] to hit, damage [roll1] bludgeoning.
Reaction (coordinated attack) [roll2] to hit, damage [roll3] bludgeoning.


Meanwhile, Belllalalalinda holds her ground in the rear and waits for a clean shot on another of the attackers.

OOC: Attack: (with sharpshooter) [roll4] to hit; damage = [roll5] piercing.
 

Advertisement

Top