IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part IV

TiCaudata

First Post
"This is ridiculous, we intend this man no harm." Erdolliel mutters as she approaches Tarquin with a healing potion.[sblock=oc]CLW should be fine[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
"What in the Nine Hells do you think you are doing?" a brawny man asks as he steps in front of Erdolliel.

"We ain't letting you finish him, elf!" another man sputters, standing next to the first.

"Someone fetch a real healer! Quick!" the merchant commands. A couple patrons quickly oblige.

"As for you," the merchant steps next to the others standing between you and Tarquin, while he draws his short sword. "You aren't moving an inch until the town guard arrives."
[sblock=OOC]I'll let you decide what to do and let you talk some more before I roll another Dip check.[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
"The only person tying to finish him off is the one blocking my way. IF we were trying to do him in we obviously wouldn't choose the night when there is a full bar and he's giving us free ale you morons! Now let me help him before he can't bleed anymore."

o3caudata

First Post
Kushnak holds his place and glares at the merchant. "Convenient you would call for help from afar. The man will be die waiting for your 'call for help'."

"Only a fool would kill a man in a room of witnesses. Are any of you stupid enough to believe we'd have any part in a public murder? And the 'hope' to escape by running UP stairs!!"

"You are the fools. Let her heal him if you have any sense. If her treatment kills him, his death will be on her... Who of you will accept responsibility for his death when you discover your own stupidity?"

Meanwhile.

Eskard plants himself firmly in the doorway and manges to spit out. "They're mad you attacked the man downstairs. Kushnak wants to see you now."

TiCaudata

First Post
"5 minutes ago you were all crawling over each other to buy us drinks and now, suddenly, you are believing the man who just happened to appear right after Tarquin was stabbed? There is only one sorcerous trickster in this room full of drunken fools, and unless the rest of you idiots stop this 'merchant', Tarquin will die. Now let me through to heal him!"[sblock=oc]Diplomacy +0...[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
Upstairs, Nethezar reacts with extreme haste. "Dammit! Take this!" he curses, as he grabs his club (enchanted with continual flame) and shoves it into Eskard's hands. Picking up his wand, Nethezar turns to the group pressing Eskard. He hisses in a low, ominous tone, "Would you like to see what my magic can do?"

The few that followed Eskard quickly back away, and Nethezar practically pushes the half-orc down the stairs in front of him.

Downstairs, just before Nethezar and Eskard come down, the merchant practically blows up with rage. "Lies and trickery! You have the power to easily escape after the elf kills him! You won't TOUCH him without going through me!"

The crowd looks quite ready to keep you from Tarquin. Serving as a coup de grace, Eskard and Nethezar bound down the stairs with club and wand in hand.

"There's the murdering bastard!" a patron shouts, as he flings a mug in Nethezar's direction. It is enough to send the mob mentality over the edge.

[sblock=OOC]Dip checks (I'll use the better of Erdolliel and Kushnak)
Erd: 3+
Kush: 11-
Merchant: (not telling)

So as to not "hide the ball," I'm just going to bluntly tell you that the crowd is "hostile." See here. It is obvious to all of you that talking isn't going to help now.

On the map, north is up; M is the merchant; T is Tarquin; the numbers are the crowd. Questions? I'm feeling rusty...

Init:
Erdolliel (faster 20, wins tie-breaker)
Bazrim (faster 20)
Kushnak (20)
Merchant (19)
Nethezar (6)
Crowd (all 14 of them) (5)
Eskard (4)[/sblock]

worthley

First Post
A look covers Bazrim's face letting the others know that he seems a little overwhelmed and pulls out a small crystal from his belt pouch.
[sblock=ooc] cast Hypnotic Pattern couldn't get the image to be bigger so in the direction of the most people if I need one.[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I'm not bothering to make a "real" post.

There are three groups of 4 that can be hit. I randomly determined it would be 8, 11, 12, 14.

Will saves: 10, 3, 14, 4... all fail... they are fascinated[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel decides that help won't come to her directly and makes her move. She quickly rushes around the patrons to Tarquin and feeds him the potion in her hand.[sblock=oc]potion of CLW dodge bonus on the merchant.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads