IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part IV

o3caudata

First Post
Kushnak, quivering with barely contained rage, abandons all hope of negotiation and barks orders to his companions.

"Do not hurt the drunk fools, they're simply following the lies that one is telling. Disable them if you must, but do NOT kill anyone."

[sblock=oc]Ready to cast blindness (dc 17)on the merchant if he.... does anything overtly hostile(attacks someone, starts casting, etc)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dichotomy

Explorer
Bazrim, unsure how to react, summons a glowing ball of light. It momentarily distracts a handful of the patrons.

Erdolliel swiftly gets to Tarquin's side and pours her potion down his gullet. The elf sees the gnome's wounds visibly heal. He wasn't yet dead, but he must have been close, at the potion was not enough to revive him.

"Poison!" the merchant shouts as he takes two swings at Erdolliel. Kushnak interrupts with a spell, but the merchant shrugs it off. Fortunately, the merchant's aim is foul.

Nethezar utters a powerful spell, one you've not seem him use before. Suddenly, half of the patrons begin babbling incoherently, as if their minds had been assaulted. It is eerily similar to you fight with the allip below the Dourstone Mine.

The remaining patrons ineffectually fling mugs and silverware at the group, but those attacks are easily ignored.

[sblock=OOC]I'm including the earlier goo...

Erdolliel: delays
Bazrim: hypnotic pattern on 8, 11, 12, 14; all fail the save
Erdolliel: dodge against M; moves; potion on T; T still unconscious, but alive and stable
Kushnak: ready
Merchant: attacks R
Kushnak: ready triggers; blindness on M; fort save 16+ success
Merchant: full attacks R, 1! miss, 6+ miss (I'm going to "voted best house" that, between the spell and the attack, the fascination is broken)
Nethezar: confusion on 7-12 and 14; will saves 11, 13, 4, 3, 9, 9, 3... all fail
Crowd: (so... I'm lazy... the confused guys all roll together.... this round, they babble; the other guys all throw improvised weapons at the party... I assume you'll not mind if I just rule it de minimus)

Status & Init (rearranged):
Eskard
Bazrim
Erdolliel
Kushnak
Merchant
Nethezar
Crowd:[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
[sblock=oc]I'm slightly confused on the whole "best house" ruling, but I'm completely willing to admit that I am parsing the sentence from fascination (namely... "Any obvious threat, such as someone drawing a weapon, casting a spell, or aiming a ranged weapon at the fascinated creature, automatically breaks the effect.") incorrectly. I addressed my thoughts to Di through gmail, and I am completely willing to abide by whatever he says.

It probably doesn't actually matter much since all the silverware bounces off of us I suppose...

EDIT: Di got back to me. Whoever wrote the books has bad english and/or english is just bad in general. I'm fine with them being not fascinated.[/sblock]He's healing, but still down!" Erdolliel yells to her companions. She then feints north and south, and attacks the merchant with a dagger that comes from seemingly nowhere. Finally, she nimbly moves away from the man on the bar.[sblock=ocx2]I'm completely willing to alsoo fill this sblock with the phrase "completely willing"... spring attack M, 5' North, 5' South while drawing a dagger, attack M (+7, 1d4+2, +4d6 if SnA is applicable...), move 5' S then 5' N.[/sblock]

Last edited:

o3caudata

First Post
Eskard surveys the room quickly, steps toward the merchant, and attempts to pin him down.

[sblock=oc]Dodge on M, 5' step S, Grapple M. AC for AoO is 15 or 19, depending on whether mobility helps or not. Grapple +12 /+7 If the 1st works, try for the pin. If the 1st fails, try again with the second.[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
[sblock=oc]If Eskard successfully grapples the guy, Erdolliel will shout "We need more healing over here!" and delay until right before the crowd. i won't be able to check during the day...[/sblock]

worthley

First Post
Bazrim, unable to help the downed Tarquin casts a spell of defence upon himself and moves toward the door.
[sblock=ooc]magearmor. move w, w, sw[/sblock]

o3caudata

First Post
"Keep him restrained Eskard." Kushnak says as he moves to aid Tarquin.

[sblock=oc]Essentially i want to get on the bar, in the square south of the merchant and cast clw on Tarquin. Don't care about provoking from anyone with regards to movement, but AC will be 11 i suppose. Cast defensively if the merchant is threatening concentration +12.

Kush's movement is 40, so i think he probably can do that. If it takes more than 40' or requires a second move action to get onto the bar, ok.[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
While Eskard tries to get his hands on the merchant, a deft stab, drawing a good amount of blood, stops his first attempt. The second is foiled by the merchant's quick sidestep.

While Bazrim tries to protect his own hide, Erdolliel tries to fancifully jab the merchant. She finds only air.

Kushnak climbs atop the bar and heals Tarquin. The gnome finds himself on the floor and looks to be in a state of sheer terror.

The merchant lunges off the bar, swinging, but missing, at Eskard as he darts by.

The members of the crowd affected by Nethezar's spell flee as fast as they can. The rest grab more makeshift weapons and close, including one who leaps over the bar near Tarquin.

[sblock=OOC]Eskard: dodge on M; 5-foot step; grapple attempt
Merchant: AoO, 19+ threat, 12+ crit confirmed; 19 damage
Eskard: grapple attempt automatically fails due to being damaged in AoO; second attempt (no AoO this time); melee touch attack, 6+, miss
Bazrim: mage armor; moves
Erdolliel: spring attack M while drawing, 13+, miss
Kushnak: moves, gets on bar (you have so much movement left, i'm just gonna allow it); clw T, 11 hps (Tarquin is conscious and prone)
Merchant: spring attacks S
[I'm going to assume that K doesn't take an AoO with his fists, since that would provoke an AoO.]
Erdolliel: AoO, 17+ miss (mobility pays off for the second time in the history of the world)
Merchant: continues spring attack S, 2+ miss
Crowd: the confused guys all flee from Neth at max speed (they are effectively gone); remainder all replace their improvised weapons with other mugs, chairs, etc. [I assumed no AoO would be taken against the crowd.]

Status & Init:
Eskard: dodge on M; 19 damage
Bazrim: mage armor
Erdolliel: dodge on M
Kushnak
Merchant
Nethezar
Crowd:

Oh, and its not funny anymore. The word is "defense."[/sblock]

o3caudata

First Post
Eskard shakes off his wound, move between the man and the door, and lashes out again.

[sblock=oc] Move 15' SE, then 5'S(hoping to draw an AoO). Grapple M +12[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
"Can you hide in a backroom somewhere gnome? This has gotten ugly, WE didn't actually try to kill you, not that we can convince any of these idiots of that!" Erdolliel tries to help bring down the Merchant as best she can OR Erdolliel stands her ground and offers to help Tarquin up.[sblock=oc]Much the same as last time I suppose. If eskard fails to grapple, Erdolliel will Spring attack M be moving 5'NE and the E until she is flanking with Eskard, attack (+7, 1d4+2, +4d6 if SnA is applicable...) before moving to the square due E of M. If needed she will Tumble +13 to move her full speed (DC 25 I believe).

OR

Erdolliel does her best to fend off the surrounding opponents using total defense.[/sblock]

Remove ads