IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part IV

worthley

First Post
[sblock=ooc]memorized MM 4d4+4 last round[/sblock]
"Stop attacking us or you leave us with no choice"
[sblock=ooc]memorized MM split between the 4 lowest numbered remaining people[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
Kushank moves in and heals Eskard's wounds.

Despite his large size, Eskard simply cannot bring the merchant back to the ground.

Erdolliel slaps her dagger at the man near her.

Bazrim flings missiles at the crowd.

The merchant, seeing that Eskard's wounds have been healed, tries to break out. After that fails, he resigns to simply stabbing the half-orc. He has clear fear in his eyes now.

Nethezar fires his wand again. Immediately the merchant falls unconscious to the ground. Nethezar turns to the men near him. "Who is next?" he says in a calm voice.

"They're gonna kill us!" The crowd members quickly each drop their improvised weapons.
[sblock=OOC]13 damage from B's last MM

Kushnak: moves; CCW S, 29 hps
Eskard: rage; pin attempt, 7+ vs 17+ (this guy is lucky); tries again, 2+ vs 12+ (WOW)
Erdolliel: attack 4, 14+ hit, 4 nonlethal
Bazrim: MM 4 people, 4, 4, 2, and 3 damage
Merchant: escape attempt, 6+ vs 8+ fail; attacks S, 20! threat, 15+ confirm, 16 damage
Nethezar: wands M, 12 damage (rolled a lot of 1s)
Crowd: gives up

We are out of rounds now (though M is bleeding)

Status & Init:
Kushnak: 5 damage
Eskard: dodge on M; 30 damage
Erdolliel: dodge on 1; +4 dodge to AC
Bazrim: mage armor
Merchant: 61 damage; 6 nonlethal damage, grappled; unconscious
Nethezar: 11 damage
Crowd: #4 has 4 nonlethal[/sblock]

o3caudata

First Post
Kushak ignores the crowd and kneels nexts to the merchant, ensuring he is alive.

"You idiot..." he says to no one in particular.

Rising, he continues "The guard will be here soon. Baz, check on Tarquin. Nethezar and Eskard, go retrieve our things, we'll be wanting to take them with us. Erdolliel, search this man, remove anything.... No, everything but his clothing. And gag him. I'll help you tie him, and check his belongings over. Quickly."

[sblock=oc]spont CminorW on M, tie the dude up, detect magic on the stuff Erodlliel pulls off the guy, and then the guy. [/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel gives a mocking salute and says "Consider the man searched, Sir!" before making an aggressive motion at the guy near her and searching the 'merchant'.[sblock=oc]search +14[/sblock]

worthley

First Post
Bazrim quickly passes through the crowd, and follows Tarquin's path. "The fight is over, are you ok? My friends and I must be on our way."

Dichotomy

Explorer
As Eskard climbs the stairs to retrieve the party's things (which is a bit of a chore, given his size), Nethezar turns to follow, but it stopped by the shrill cry of Tarquin, coming out of the side room as Bazrim checks on him.

"He stabbed me! Why did you stab me?!"

"If I'd wanted you dead," the previously angry Nethezar nows seems extremely calm and matter-of-fact, "I'd have used this," he says, holding aloft his wand.

At the same time, Erdolliel deftly finds some items of note on the merchant. Particularly he has a strange, crooked key. But before she examines it any more closely, she also finds four daggers, each of which happens to have precisely the same design as the one previously pulled from Tarquin's chest.
[sblock=OOC]cminw on the merchant, tying, searching; the detecting magic hasn't happened yet.

Erdolliel finds: 2 potions; studded leather; short sword; 4 daggers; a key[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
"I believe that this might provide some proof." Erdolliel says while displaying the dagger. "I don't suppose one of you magic types can see through any enchantments concealing this 'merchant'? She then arranges the found items on a table out of reach of the merchant and backs away.

worthley

First Post
"I'll do what I can."
[sblock=ooc]detect magic, look at the merchant and find out what I can from anything we find, casting twice if needed[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
"Try harder. Your best isn't good enough," Nethezar chides.

"What the hell? I don't understand..." Tarquin looks completely baffled.
[sblock=OOC]2 potions; studded leather; short sword all radiate as magical; nothing else does, including the guy himself.

You can let me know if baz continues to concentrate.[/sblock]

Remove ads