IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part V(b)

o3caudata

First Post
Kushnak shakes his head at Erdolliel as he follows her toward the temple.

"With all the wealth we have, i'd expect you to be more eager to spend it than extract more from helpless peasants. Lets see about fixing our friend here."

[sblock=oc]So there was that one temple that we took Neth that one time. Right? Or am i imagining this. We should go back there. Unless i'm imagining it, or he told us not to. But i don't remember him telling us not to. Which means i have some combination of good memory and good imagination. I think. STRUNGOUTFROMWORK.

Yes, straight to the place to get him back to good and then ...

Also, TI is right. Blind creatures don't get AoO's because of concealment(unless they aren't concealed for some reason? tremorsense maybe?)
[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
"Oh, I am interested in spending it. I'm also interested in spending more. Besides, I have to wait until the rest of you get some nice stuff too, like maybe some sort of protective shell for Nethezar.

Dichotomy

Explorer
Erdolliel and Kushnak make there way once more to the pyramid-shaped temple of Boccob. One of the scribes recognizes you from your last visit, and, after ascertaining your purpose, he quickly fetches Scholar Venli, the elf cleric who assisted you before.

Once the details are settled, Scholar Venil mutters something about raising the dead every five days and leaves for a private room.

Some time later, Scholar Venil and Nethezar walk back out. Scholar Venil looks... frustrated, while Nethezar looks quite serene.

"As I advised, Scholar, I owe you nothing more than I have already given. I will abide by my earlier bargain. Had you not raised me again, I'd not be able to do so. You should consider that sufficient."

Shaking his head, Scholar Venil replies, "Your arrogance does not fit your station in the clergy. Neither does it fit your apparent lack of skill with your current endeavors."

Nethezar's calm demeanor quickly vanishes, and his pace quickens. "Again, I must thank you. While I certainly did not want to visit this place even once, you were still right to bring me here. If this happens again, though, I may not want to come back. You might do better to find more... adept assistance."
[sblock=OOC]You guys can let me know what version of the spell is being cast and payment and such.[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
[sblock=oc]Raise dead should be fine, no? Do we have to pay this time? Other than the 5k for the diamonds I assume. If Nethezar passes the 50% level to keep his prepped spells, then he should ID something, something like the rod.[/sblock]

o3caudata

First Post
[sblock=oc] Raise dead seems like what we'd pick yeah. The scroll cost is 6125, so unless there's something weird, we can just say that came out of cash on hand. (I'll record it as such now)[/sblock]

"You won't get off nearly that easily friend. Though if SHE has her way we'll all be dead within the week." Kushnak jokes with Nethezar using his head to point toward Erdolliel.

"We need to gather our selves and prepare before we meet Eligos. Who knows what will turn up now..."

Kushnak begins walking in no obvious direction, looking for a place to spend the night.

Last edited:

TiCaudata

First Post
"Yet you're still alive despite following my lead. Curious." Erdolliel quips with a smile. She then turns to Nethezar "I suppose we probably should try to learn something from him as he's the only one we have not had to drag back from the realms beyond as of yet.

"Personally I could use a drink, and a bed. We can check on Eligos tomorrow. It might be worth our time to get some scrolls first though to see what the squid-faced thing left us? I'll fill you in on the details when we sit, Nethezar."
[sblock=oc]If it's still a reasonable hour, I say we buy enough Identify scrolls to get everything ID'd. That'd be 5 unless Neth still has his daily, then 4. If it's not a reasonable hour, lets just find a place to stay (not seedy) and Erdolliel will fill Nethezar in over alcohol in the common room and we can get scrolls/ID done in the morning.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dichotomy

Explorer
Nethezar offers a half-hearted smile at Kushnak and Erdolliel's attempts to lighten the scholar's demise. He is, however, clearly ashamed.

"Yes, let us identify our finds, and then you can fill me in. In that order. I'd like to finish business and then turn to relaxing with a drink."

Nethezar obtains several scrolls from the temple stores, in exchange for payment, of course, and the trio makes way to a decent-appearing inn. After getting settled in, the trio identifies the magical treasures they've procured and soon after settles in for a relaxing end to a long day.
[sblock=OOC]Assuming that you didn't waste the morning away, you found Eligos, found the Cold Forge, took only a couple hours to find the illithid's lair, and (frankly) you didn't spend a ton of time there. Then a couple hours getting back out... Oh, and you are at a temple of Boccob. You can totally pick up ID scrolls before you leave.

Neth fails his 50% chance, so it doesn't matter that I don't remember whether he IDed anything.

Magic items:
Illithid necklace: necklace of fireballs type III (minus any that it used in the fight; did it use any?)
Rod: lesser empower metamagic rod
Boots: boots of elvenkind
Cloak: cloak of resistance +2
Ring: ring of counterspells (does IDfy tell you what spell is stored in the ring?)
Doll that looks like Neth: radiates necromancy, but there is absolutely no discernible function to it
The drow cleric had a +1 spell storing morningstar and a +1 light fortification breastplate

So, aside from sitting around at the inn, nothing is going to happen tonight. If you guys are going to go straight to Eligos tomorrow, start leveling up your peeps. We will likely move to a new thread with my next post... which is not happening tonight. I've put off drinking long enough.[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
"... and then we lead them out of the sewers and headed to the temple to raise you." Erdolliel finishes.

"I don't know about you two, but I could definitely use a couple days to rest, sell some of this jink, and study some new spells. I think I might be able to figure out how to be able to see magic auras all the time. Having the dwarf's knowledge of the arcana is useful, but I wish I didn't have to know what it was like to grow up in the warrens under the mountain at the same time. Dwarf society is just weird. Besides, even though he was a pain in the arse sometimes, it was useful to have a few more bodies in a fight." The elf finishes wistfully.

She then polishes off her drink and shakes her head as if to clear away cobwebs. "No sense dwelling on the past though, especially if there's nothing we can do to fix it! The question I meant to ask, before I started getting all misty, was if we want to go to Eligos in the morning or just send him a note that the illithid is dealt with and that we will take a couple days to regroup before meeting with him? I know I could use the time, but time may be of the essence. It's not like he's been ready to tell us anything the last few times we've dropped in. If we send him a note, that gives him an opportunity to tell us his research is finished and he needs to see us quickly."

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]You can call it 5 gold for your rooms, food, and drink for each day you stay. And I guess I was hasty with the promise of the next thread. I'll wait a bit for that. And if you guys intend to rest up rather than going straight to Eligos, go ahead and level up anyway.

I have updated the Encounters Defeated and XP post.[/sblock]

Remove ads