log in or register to remove this ad

 

WIKI [IC] Eberron: The Plumbers

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Lower Tavick’s Landing/High Walls/Cog Carnival
Far, 27 Rhaan, YK 998 (Early autumn)/2030
Weather: Temperature normal for the season (cool), no wind, light rain (outside the towers)
Round 0

OOC: So I meant for you to get 5 items for the party, not each LOL Guess I should have been more specific. No worries. Nothing you got is too game breaking, so I’ll roll with it.


The dwarven quartermaster didn’t seem too happy to be giving up his gear. “Nae shield or arrows,” he told Rotom and Liutbrand. “Weapons an’ armor are only f’r real watchmen.” He gave a smirk. “But yeh c’n ‘ave th’extra quiver,”

OOC: You get everything you asked for except the shield and arrows.


Then it was time to see the prisoners. The sergeant on lock up watch wasn’t too keen on being interrupted reading his paperback novel Tusk Love, but he dragged the kobold out into an interview room.

Vuks ate the food hungrily, eyes flicking between Rotom and Korra. “Safer in here,” he said, licking the bowl. He eyed Rotom. “You good cook. Talk good. You have mate?” He gave her a grin and a look over.

OOC: Rotom definitely has his attention with that natural 20 Persuasion. Unfortunately you need Intimidation to crack this nut.


Vuks cowered a bit under the threats. “Looks! We jus’ do as we told! Daask!” he told them. “We work for Daask. We get letter from Garra. Big name boss. Said kill the warforged, so we do...er, try. That all! We do what told!”

You know that Daask is a criminal gang whose members are mostly immigrants from Droaam and some of the population of the Cogs and lower wards of Sharn.

Question kobolds
Speak with Alden d’Orien
Figure out what’s going on in Lower Sharn. (25 gp each)

Ogham. 17 AC 15 HP 11/11 PP 15
Rotom. 8 AC 16 HP 10/10 PP 9
Korra 11 AC 18 HP 14/14 PP 13
Liutbrand 15 AC 14 HP 13/13 PP 15
DePoe 12 AC 14 HP 10/10 PP 11
Alara 19 AC 11 HP 9/9 PP 12


157 gp
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Rotom gave a sigh as she rubbed her temples. Clearly Vuks didn't understand the situation he was in. The people here care little for his well being, and her father would have had him tossed in a spike pit for that comment.

"Ok Korra, we tried my way, it's your turn." The artificer approached her comrade and taps the half-orc's chain armor with her tools. "Ekess soves wux. Don't make it too unpleasant now."

OOC: Casting Guidance on Korra, +1d4 bonus to any one ability check of her choice for the next minute.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
Korra summons her "good cop" vibe as best she can. She gives a tusky smile to the prisoner. She looks at her axe blade and then back to prisoner. "You hungry? Maybe feed you more. Want more? You have many fingers. Keep you full for days. Or maybe you talk. Talk also mean not eat fingers. You choose." She grabs his hand and puts it flat on the table. "Big finger or little finger first?"

Intimidate: 1D20+1D4+3 = [15]+[4]+3 = 22
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Lower Tavick’s Landing/High Walls/Cog Carnival
Far, 27 Rhaan, YK 998 (Early autumn)/2035
Weather: Temperature normal for the season (cool), no wind, light rain (outside the towers)
Round 0

Vuks yelped in fear and cowered a bit under the threats. “Looks! We jus’ do as we told! Daask!” he told them. “We work for Daask. We get letter from Garra. Big name boss. Said kill the warforged, so we do...er, try. That all! We do what told!”

You know that Daask is a criminal gang whose members are mostly immigrants from Droaam and some of the population of the Cogs and lower wards of Sharn.

Speak with Alden d’Orien
Figure out what’s going on in Lower Sharn. (25 gp each)

Ogham. 17 AC 15 HP 11/11 PP 15
Rotom. 8 AC 16 HP 10/10 PP 9
Korra 11 AC 18 HP 14/14 PP 13
Liutbrand 15 AC 14 HP 13/13 PP 15
DePoe 12 AC 14 HP 10/10 PP 11
Alara 19 AC 11 HP 9/9 PP 12


157 gp
 

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Rotom shakes her head in resignment. Daask might have left Droaam to make it's ill-gotten fortune in the human lands, but it dragged the old Droaamish philosophy of "the Biggest is the Boss, and the small ones are disposable" with it. A philosophy that had only been recently challenged when her father was appointed Warlord by Auntie Sora Katra.

"Boss, I think that's as much as we will be able to get out of him." The kobold elaborates. "This Chib, er big-boss, Garra. They treat the small ones like dumb meat for the grinder. There might be a dozen or more plans that Vuks isn't even aware of. If only we had managed to get that shifter, he might have had something more to go on." She pauses for a moment considering the options. "Maybe Alden d’Orien could be convinced to point us in their direction?"

 

mfloyd3

Explorer
Alara was impressed. The kobold and half-orc seemed to have gotten as much as they could have hoped for.

"d'Orien may not know some of this," the mage observed. "If we put it to him that these criminals are killing the workers, that might make him worried they'll cross his own kin. Might loosen his tongue."
 

mips42

Explorer
'I'ce lived most of my life in the gutters of this place,' Depoe states quietly. ;Ican find lots of things but I dont know either Daask or Garra. I'm not much help here."

OOC: int roll of 7
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Lower Tavick’s Landing/High Walls/Cog Carnival
Far, 27 Rhaan, YK 998 (Early autumn)/2040
Weather: Temperature normal for the season (cool), no wind, light rain (outside the towers)
Round 0

Vuks slid to the back of the cell, cowering away from Korra. They seemed to like what he’d said. “Yes! Yes! Garra is boss!” he reiterated, glad to please.

What were they to do next?

Speak with Alden d’Orien
Ultimate: Figure out what’s going on in Lower Sharn. (25 gp each)

Ogham. 17 AC 15 HP 11/11 PP 15
Rotom. 8 AC 16 HP 10/10 PP 9
Korra 11 AC 18 HP 14/14 PP 13
Liutbrand 15 AC 14 HP 13/13 PP 15
DePoe 12 AC 14 HP 10/10 PP 11
Alara 19 AC 11 HP 9/9 PP 12


157 gp
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
After healing his injuries, repairing his plating and wooden strands, Ogham takes out a piece of cloth and starts polishing every inch of his plating for a while, until his companions emerge from the interrogation room.

Making a mental note which parts he still has to clean, Ogham puts away the cloth and rises.

"Where to?" he asks, ready to move and do something.
 

Olrox17

Hero
Liutbrand sighs, not entirely satisfied with the current situation.
"I have a bad feeling about this, but paying a visit to d'Orien is probably our best bet".
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Upper Central Plateau/Mithral Tower/Unicorn Estate
Far, 27 Rhaan, YK 998 (Early autumn)/2130
Weather: Temperature normal for the season (cool), no wind, light rain (outside the towers)
Round 0

Realizing the lateness of the hour, the members of The Plumbers fork over the price for a skycouch to take them to Upper Central. The trip to the upper towers of Sharn is like stepping into a completely other world.

Many of the grand homes in Mithral Tower are true to the district’s name, boasting mithral filigree. The Sharn Watch seems to be everywhere in this neighborhood full of busy scions climbing into skycoaches, hosting opulent parties, and showing off their latest purchases at all hours of the day.

Unicorn Estate has a grand unicorn statue and unicorn-shaped topiaries adorning the yard beyond an open, wrought-iron gate. Flanking this gate are two guards in House Orien livery. Each wears a beautiful helm shaped like the head of a unicorn. Both look a bit miserable standing in the light rain with water dripping off their horns.

The magnificent marble home is clearly owned by one of the city’s wealthiest dragonmarked families. Seated on a patio couch are two figures engaged in quiet conversation: a haggard man in his late thirties and an attentive kalashtar who holds a rose-colored crystal in his hands. Two more guards dressed like the ones at the gates stand nearby, though they are less miserable, protected from the weather by the porch roof.

As the Plumbers approached the open gate, the two guards crossed their spears. “State your business,” they instructed.

Speak with Alden d’Orien
Ultimate: Figure out what’s going on in Lower Sharn. (25 gp each)

Ogham. 17 AC 15 HP 11/11 PP 15
Rotom. 8 AC 16 HP 10/10 PP 9
Korra 11 AC 18 HP 14/14 PP 13
Liutbrand 15 AC 14 HP 13/13 PP 15
DePoe 12 AC 14 HP 10/10 PP 11
Alara 19 AC 11 HP 9/9 PP 12


157 gp
 

mfloyd3

Explorer
Alara eyed the guards, and considered the motley group that confronted them. If you can't look official, she thought, sound official.

"We are representatives of Discreet Investigations and Security Services, deputized by the Sharn City Watch," the said. "We request an audience with Alden d'Orien." Then, deciding a wealthy House Scion might need some prodding, she added, "It is an urgent matter, relating to his son, Caden d'Orien."
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Ogham says nothing as he waits for the interaction between Alara and the guards to be settled.

The warforged seizes up the visible defensiveness of the estate, both the people and the buildings, before realizing there are no guard dogs. At least, none that he detects; they may have a kennel somewhere on the grounds.

A small bird flies over the gate, and Ogham is distracted by its seemingly frail jittering. Quickly producing some bird seed from a belt pouch, the warforged has no trouble making the creature come over and eat from his outstretched hand.
 

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Rotom stands by, listening to the conversation and taking a bit of shelter from the rain under the much larger frame of Ogham. It's good to have friends you can lean on. Especially ones that seem to make new friends all the time.

The bird flying down and eating it's dinner reminded the young kobold that she had just wasted her last ration on Vuks, provoking a small scowl and a quiet sigh. Rotom had no choice but to mind her stomach, and hope the d'Orien estate had a snack tray to graze on.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Upper Central Plateau/Mithral Tower/Unicorn Estate
Far, 27 Rhaan, YK 998 (Early autumn)/2135
Weather: Temperature normal for the season (cool), no wind, light rain (outside the towers)
Round 0

Alara announced their identities and business to the guards, and the Plumbers were waved through. “Lord d’Orien is on the porch.”

As the party walked up the carriage path onto the grounds, suddenly a unicorn appeared. It brayed loudly at them, and proceed to follow them up the path to the manor, noisomely braying the entire way, until the kalashtar sitting with Alden waved his hand and the unicorn disappeared.

Alden and the kalashtar looked up, and Alden frowned. “What do you want?” he asked tersely.

Speak with Alden d’Orien
Ultimate: Figure out what’s going on in Lower Sharn. (25 gp each)

Ogham. 17 AC 15 HP 11/11 PP 15
Rotom. 8 AC 16 HP 10/10 PP 9
Korra 11 AC 18 HP 14/14 PP 13
Liutbrand 15 AC 14 HP 13/13 PP 15
DePoe 12 AC 14 HP 10/10 PP 11
Alara 19 AC 11 HP 9/9 PP 12


157 gp
 

Olrox17

Hero
Liutbrand almost fired back an instant sarcastic reply at the d'Orien curmudgeon. He held back with a slight smile, and let one of his more... diplomatic companions do the talking.
 


JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Ogham is pleasantly surprised at seeing the unicorn, and such a magnificent specimen, too! He takes a few cautious steps towards the beast when, suddenly, the beast vanishes. Literally.

The warforgeds shoulders drop and his whole body seems to sag in disappointment. The little bird flies off as it's finished the bird seed and these motions are not very pleasant for it.

"Again," he says softly, almost unconsciously.
 

mfloyd3

Explorer
Alara eyed the Kalashtar. Was he in the employ of d'Orien, or was he a minder?

"I am Alara ir'Etrielle," she introduced herself, letting the suffix to her last name announce her aristocratic status rather than resorting to a title. "This is Liutbrand d'Tharashk. Our associates are Ogham, Rotom, DePoe, and Korra." She gestures to each in turn. Her decision to distance herself and their dragonmarked leader is conscious, though more intended to cater to the d'Orien's prejudices than her own. "We represent Discreet Investigation and Security Services, and have been deputized by the Watch to investigate certain matters that may be relevant to your family." There is a hint of emphasis on the last word.

OOC:
Alara is watching d'Orien and the Kalashtar to try and learn if d'Orien is eager to learn about his son, or afraid that they'll say something about his son in front of the Kalashtar (he may be a minder sent by the blackmailers).

INSIGHT ROLL:
_: 1D20+3 = [8]+3 = 11

 

mips42

Explorer
DePoe looks around furtively, keenly aware of just how out-of place and out of his element he is. He shifts weight subtly from foot to foot, ready to bolt in any direction if needed.
 

COMING SOON: 5 Plug-In Settlements for your 5E Game

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top