[IC] Eberron: The Plumbers

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
"Thank you, Sergeant." Rotom looks over what little notes she managed to gather. Placing a mark next to Cog Carnival, she would have to ask about the place from the locals. Returning to Ogham, she acknowledges his look: "Irthosi vur throdenilt irthosi." Secrets and more secrets indeed.

"Are we walking again, then? If so, we'd better get moving."

"I agree with DePoe's swiftness, if not his preferred method of travel. Another carriage?" She asks Liutbrand. "We can go secure one while you finish up here, if you would like."

Olrox17

Hero
Liutbrand's felt a strange shiver, a common consequence of his mark of finding activating. Something was up. He instinctively looked at Ogham, noticing a concerning look on his normally expressionless face.
"Thanks Rotom, that would be perfect" he answered.
While the rest of the party started heading out, he exchanged a few more words with the sergeant, making sure to lower his voice:
"Are you withholding information from me, Vilroy? We accepted the job, so I want all your cards on the table. I don't want my people to run unnecessary risks, and you can trust my discretion."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Upper Central/Highest Towers/Lyrander Tower
Far, 27 Rhaan, YK 998 (Early autumn)/1910
Weather: Temperature normal for the season (cool), no wind, light rain (outside the towers)

Sergeant Vilroy gave Liutbrand a look. “Just do the damn job, Torrn. I got the rest handled,” she said, shoving the scroll case with their papers and the pouch of 150 gold pieces. (25 gp each) Then she stalked off, disappearing from the airship platform and into the crowd.

OOC: Assuming you catch another Orien coach, it’s 2 cp per person, or 12 cp total. Someone pay.

An hour later, the inquisitor team stepped out of the Orien coach in High Walls, Tavick’s Landing. The stench of body odor, garbage, and tobacco mixed together in the streets. High walls cut this district’s crumbling, vandalized buildings off from the rest of Sharn, though towers rose over the walls like imposing sentries. Many people stood idly on street corners, eying the Plumber’s suspiciously and keeping to themselves. It was simple enough to find a resident who knew where the Cog’s Carnival was, the only warforge bar in the district.

The Cog Carnival was a dilapidated warforged dive bar. The bar had a crumbling stone outside marred with graffiti that says things like, “Forged Are Scrap!” and “Leave, Metalheads!” Approaching the door, an old warforged with a carved chunk of wood replacing a severed foot stopped them.

The warforged pointed at Ogham. “You can go on in fer free,” he said, then looked at the others. “The rest of yeh, it’ll be five copper.” he held out his hand to collect the money.

[spoilers=Loot]
[/spoilers]

[spoilers=Characters]
Liutbrand
Korra
Alara
Rotom
Ogham
DePoe
[/spoilers]

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
OOC: I'll pick up the cab ride this time, you are on your own for your cover charge though.

Rotom hands over five shiny copper crowns, making a note in to keep track of her expenses so far, and keeping her Galifars out of sight. The people in the lower parts of the city would kill for one, literally.

Eyeing the Warforged's peg leg she speaks to Ogham, "Up to making a few new friends here? They might not have fur, but I would bet they have quite a bit in common with you."

mips42

Adventurer
DePoe know of the Cog Carnival, though he'd never been inside because there had never been need. Now, there was. Having no coin on him (Liutbrand was hold the money satchel), he quickly and quietly attempts to slip by the door guard.

OOC: Stealth check
_: 1D20+7 = [11]+7 = 18

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Ogham nods to the other warforged, acknowledging their connection through origin and, most likely, experiences in the War. He does not wait for his companions to pay their entry fee and steps inside.

"Friends are good," he replies, and starts towards a warforged that may seem up to a conversation.

Olrox17

Hero
Liutbrand makes sure he keeps the heavy coin purse he received form Vilroy hidden and out of sight, paying for everyone's entrance with his own pocket change
OOC: except for DePoe's, if he has escaped everyone's notice

mfloyd3

Explorer
Alara nods polite gratitude to Liutbrand as the group starts filing through the threshold. "How do we proceed?" she asks the House scion. "Do you want to stick together, or split up?"

Remove ads