• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

GM: okay, I've been distracted but I should be good now. Everett and Zadolix have to go. Perin and Keth have already taken their turn this round. Arwen acts after the townsfolk (although I suspect that won't matter as she is just readying actions at the moment). So once E and Z take actions I'll post another map update and we can get this flowing again.

Zadolix

First Post
With his silk rope in hand Zadolix tossed one end over the roof beam in the ceiling, catching at the other end and tying it into a strong knot of the kind he uses at sea. With the rope secure he threw it out of the window and began to climb down.

OOC: DM - would I be able to fasten the rope and start climbing down the rope out of the window as my. Move and action? Do you need me to make any checks?

GM: I'm going to say throwing the rope is your action. Tying the rope is your manipulation action. And climbing down is 20 feet of move. So you can move 10 feet away from the wall outside the window from N34. And that no roll is needed.

If you want to combine throwing and tying so you'll still be able to do something on the ground. You can make a Dexterity check, with advantage for "sailor", against a DC 20. But if you fail to make a DC 10 roll, you go out the window and rope fails and you fall to the ground. Between 11 and 19, you just eat up the standard action you were trying to save.

Up to you.

Everett recasts bonfire on the lead kobold, who is singed a bit by the fire.

The man in the corner room says, "Are you crazy? You're gonna get killed," as Zadolix climbs out the window. "I'm pulling that rope back up once your down. Don't want no kobold climbing up." (when you

Keth drops a light out a window lighting a small area in front of K4, K5, and K6. They are not in the light, but are revealed by the light. (You are at M30, M28 is a boarded up window, note the brown line in front of the window.)

Perin runs down the hallway toward the back of the inn. (at W30)

The bowman next to Everett fires and kills a kobold near the light. (K4) The other bowmen also fire but do not hit anything that anyone can see.

Surina is up, then the kobolds go. (I'll update the maps when they go. And I'm waiting of Z's decision to try to have a standard action or not.)

A teenage girl appears from the stables and says, "Garrett says there's some noise outside the stables. He thinks they might need reinforcements soon." The innkeeper says, "Jorn and Piet, go with Alyss." The named bowmen standing in the main room follow Alyss into the stables.

Remove ads