[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

EarlyBird

Explorer
Not nowing what the dwarf is talking about, he just shrugs and follows orders. "Probably just looking for horse meat," he mutters as he runs.

OOC: Dash to L22

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Surina tries not to jump when several of the defenders and animals suddenly drop. She is relieved when she hears snores coming from some of them. Concerned that the attack will come from that direction, and suspicious of magic at work, she moves cautiously toward the sleeping forms, straining her senses for any clues to the attacker's next moves.

OOC: Surina, perception check: 1D20 = [11] = 11

Surina will move to W15, unless the animal in that stall is asleep, in which case she'll move to the square in the 15 column that is just outside of the range of the sleeping animals.

TallIan

Explorer
Perin

As perin dashes down the corridor, he spares a few precious moments to check in the room he just heard bodies drop.

OOC: Using action to dash, so can't really help this turn - don't split the party I guess :p

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
AC: 15
Initiative: +2
HP: 12

Offense:
ShortSword: +4 5ft 1d6(+2) Finesse Light
Crossbow: +4 80/320 1d8+2[/SBLOCK]

Keth and Zadolix

The last kobold withdraws. Z says something about the stables and you each run the opposite way around the inn. Z watches as several arrows from the inn take out the fleeing kobold. Keth watch as a kobold comes into view at the edge of his darkvision. The kobold slings a stone at Keth and it skitters through his legs. It probably would have hit if you were any closer to the kobold. After slinging his stone at you, the kobold ducks out of sight behind the stable. Stepping around the corner as the kobold goes by, Keth sees a shadow of tall humanoid just outside the edge of his darkvision. It casts a spell. Keth hears some sounds inside the inn. (Roll Perception DC 12 to see if Keth figures out what happened.)

Perin and Everett

Perin sees the bowmen next to Everett took a shot to the head and is very dead. Everett is bleeding. A man in priestly garb appears in the door saying, "Am I too late?" Perin tells him Everett is still breathing. The priest casts a spell and Everett's wound closes before Perin's eyes. Everett awakens with a headache. (Everett has 6 hp.) "I heard the fighting and then the sound of injury. Poor Lenerd looks beyond my ability to h--." As the priest speaks, the priest suddenly fall asleep for no apparent reason.

Surina

Surina is cautious about the fallen townsfolk. One of the townsmen leave the stable to tell the others something put the folk guarding the western door to sleep. One of the bowmen move into the stable. As he does, the sound of bodies dropping to the floor is heard behind him as three guards and the innkeeper, who was going upstairs, fall asleep. Just as she thought it was looking bad, she smells smoke and the bowman who just arrived shouts, "Part of the door... it's burning."

[sblock="ground floor"] Leeds Inn first floor.png[/sblock][sblock="upper floor"]Leeds Inn second floor.png[/sblock]

Okay, players are up.

EDIT: I'm an idiot. Everett does not fall asleep. He's an elf. The guy who just ran into the main room falls asleep. I'm not fixing the images. They are testimony to my forgetting the party has an elf in it.

Last edited:

GM: Surina can see one or two buckets with water in them but after that, she isn't sure.
Make either a perception or investigation check, if you like.

EDIT: The two buckets of water you can see are at AA12 and P10. Also, I'm modifying the stable area. There is a hay loft in the western half from T-BB/10-17. There's another loft from M-P/10-12 that contains a water cistern. The perception/investigation check is to see if you can figure out how to operate the cistern. (Although frankly, you can let the townsfolk work on that, probably. One of them will probably shout bucket brigade once the idea there's a fire settles in.)

Last edited:

Zadolix

First Post
Zadolix continued to run alongside the inn, as he turned the corner a strange smell entered his nostrils... Smoke?

OOC: Dashing to BB30

GM: You mean CC30. And I've edited my response to Arwen above. There are some structure changes to the stables coming in the next map iteration of the map.

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Let's see if Keth sees what is up, first. [roll0]
EDIT: Nope, so he will dash straight ahead (chasing the kobold) to the edge of the building.

Thateous

Explorer
Everret watches as the priest collapses in a slump and feels his body resist the effects of a sleep spell. He decides to stay down and wake the priest.
OOC: I've gotten zero notifications...

Remove ads