[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

As Everett procedes into the darkness, the passageway curves sharply to the right up ahead. A faint glow of flickering torchlight comes from there.

(Make a stealth check and a perception check. [MENTION=6814006]Thateous[/MENTION])

Something up ahead smells like human feces and decay. As you are approaching the right turn in the tunnel, the guttural voice asks, in Draconic, "Has the trouble been taken care of? I hope some survived for my experiments."

You look into the room. Two torches sputter on the far side of the room leaving you in shadow. There are four narrow cages on the side walls. One is unoccupied. The other three contain bloody humans, unconscious and slumped awkwardly against the sides of the cages that are too narrow for them to do anything but stand. So they are just crumpled down in the cages from exhaustion, dehydration, and injuries.

In the middle of the room is a stone slab with a fourth human strapped to it. A lizardman has his back to you is standing over the body on the slab. He is bigger than most of the other lizardmen. Like L3 was. He is using a sharp knife to carve something into the chest of the man on the table. The man is gagged and making muffled screaming noises as the knife cuts into his chest. The man is your cousin. He is not aware of his surrounding beyond the pain being inflicted on him.

"Dispose of the woman and fetch a new one from the chattel. I am done with her."

LizardCamp-ll.png

Last edited:

Wolf 1 continues to eat food near the kitchen.

Wolf 2 is looking at Perin expectantly.

Thateous still has an action and possibly a bonus action.

Everyone else is up for round 13.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
While freeing prisoners, Swithun saw that Everett had continued into the tunnel alone. Once the prison doors were open, he nodded at Valdral to join him and went to inspect the hole, hoping to find his new ally before trouble started.

Zadolix unhooks the look holding the cart cage door closed. The man with the knife in the cage says, "Give me the keys. I'll open the main paddock lock. Your friend is going to die in the pit without your help." Zadolix thanks the man and moves toward the pit. (Z moves to Q29.)

GM: The prisoners are not chained at all. Freeing them just requires opening the cage doors and there is only one set of keys. Is Swithun double moving to the pit? We are still in initiative since Everett ran off immediately. He can get to X24 or so with a double move.

Thateous

Explorer
Everett cursed under his breath at he was too exhausted to throw anything meaningful at the lizard. Suddenly an idea. He adjust his footing, hoping his robe would mask his defensive stance. "A better subject has arrived, one with ties to the arcane. It may prove vital to your experiments."

Remove ads