[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

TallIan

Explorer
Perin

Pulling out another slice of dried meat Perin moved carefully back towards the cage. Ready to the throw the food ahead if the wolf looked ready to attack. He needed to deal with these wolves quickly, Everett would need help.

Handle Animal: 1d20+4 9

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]AC: 15
Initiative: +2 (Roll With Advantage)
HP: 9/20 HD: 2/2d10

Offense:
ShortSword: +4 5ft 1d6+4 Finesse Light
Crossbow: +4 80/320 1d8+2

Spellcasting 1/2 Level 1: Hunters Mark; Absorb Elements
Concentration: Hunters Mark

Bolts: 32[/Sblock]

"Arcana, you say? Excellent," the torturer says pausing in his cutting and looking up in thought. He may have glanced toward Everett but doesn't seem to notice. "I'll check out this new creature this afternoon. Still, remove the female. Tell L'drak, I will be up in a few moments to see this arcanist." He resumes the design he was carving into Dennet's chest.

GM: Yes, I just named the cousin Dennet. He needed a name. :)

He rolled so poorly on his insight check... and the lizardmen you fought at the inn had robes. So even if he had turned around, oh well. Oh, in case you care, the locking mechanism on the cages looks simple, basically a hook and a latch. There's just no way to get a hand on it from within the cage.

"Hmm. Thanks for that," the torturer says. "L'drak was an idiot. After I'm done with you, I'll be able to step my work. Now who is going to remove the female?"

GM: Let's have Everett and the Lizardman make initiative checks because he's about to cast a spell. And I'm sure you're going to do so as well. Number to beat: [roll0]

Edit: Ewww

The lizardman turns and his spell releases. A sickening green ray of energy lances out from his hand and strikes you down. "Be a dear and clean that up, woman," he says. As Everett falls he sees the cage holding the woman open and the mockery of life within steps out toward him.
Ray attack: 1d20+6 17 2d8 16

GM: Make a Constitution saving throw to see if you get the Poisoned condition. That should not affect your death saving throws. But they don't happen until next round.

In the current round, we are still waiting on Swithun, Valdral, and Surina, I think. Swithun gets a perception check before he goes. He is at X23, 30 feet around the curve from Everett's defeat. Surina and Valdral are 30 and 35 feet from Swithun, respectively. Zadolix is 40 feet from Swithun, but I'm holding him back because he's an NPC.

Everett - - 0/12
Surina - - 17/20
Zadolix - - 5/23 (second wind, action surge used)
Valdral - - 6/20
Swithun - - 17/24 (second wind, action surge used)
Perin - - 3/20

Split the Hoard

Split the Hoard
Negotiate, demand, or steal the loot you desire!

A competitive card game for 2-5 players
Remove ads