[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

eayres33

Explorer
Veit moves slowly through the streets circling behind Bree and trying to make sure no one else interferes with getting the bear back in his cage.

OOC:

Veit perception: 1D20+3 = [16]+3 = 19

[sblock=Stat Block]
AC 15
HP 15/15
SPD 25
Initiative +2
Maul 5ft melee+5 to hit 2d6+3 bludgeoning
Handaxe 5ft melee or 20/60 ranged +5 to hit 1d6 +3 slashing
Javelin range 30/120 +5 to hit 1d6+3 piercing
Rage +2 damages 1 of 2 used.[/sblock]

The bear ends up in the cage and Perin returns to the square with the other guard leading the horse. Veit does not notice anything unusual in the gathered crowd.

"Thanks for catching the bear," the guard (G2) says as he starts to hitch the horse to the cart. The first injured guard (G1) gets to his feet unsteadily and moves over to the still unconscious guard (G4). "Rainny is pretty banged up, Joch," (G1) says to Joch (G2).

At this point a pair of town guards arrives, "Who harmed these men?" one of them asks.

GM: Everett, the town guards just arriving are wearing the livery of the Greygour household, your family's rivals.

Thateous

Explorer
"It wouldn't be day in Bit without running into the Greygour's." He says sarcastically under his breath. He raises a finger to get their attention. "Excuse me, gentlemen, so nice to see you as always. It was the bear who got the better of the men, however without their dutiful diligence it may have been innocent civilians strewn about the courtyard."

"Who's bear is this?" asks one of the town guards.

"Wiggles belongs to Master Riddley of the Riddley Family Circus," the first injured guard (G1) says as he walks over clutching his wound.

"The circus is over in the caravanserai, what are you doing wheeling him through the market?"

"Order sir. We were sent to a house up that way and told to pick up the bear." he says looking around. "Where's Mal?"

The guard who chased the horse (G2) returns, "He ran off, the idiot."

"He was our leader."

TallIan

Explorer
Perin,

"Well whatever you were doing here, you weren't doing it very well. You're lucky no one was killed." As much as Perin liked the circus, wild animals performing was not to his taste. He turns to the guards, "Someone was trying to steal the horse, I managed to wound him, but he got away. He,"Finnan points at the guard who was also pursuing the horse thief, "May have gotten a better look at the thief."

[SBLOCK=Ministats]
AC: 15
Initiative: +2
HP: 12

Offense:
ShortSword: +4 5ft 1d6(+2) Finesse Light
Crossbow: +4 80/320 1d8+2

Bolt: 38
[/SBLOCK]

The walking wounded guard says, "Hey, some guy grabbed the door and it swung open letting Wiggles out. I don't know why the door wasn't locked. That's Mal's fault."

The returning guard (G2) starts to hitch the horse to the cart as the town guards ask him to describe the horse thief.

Thateous

Explorer
"Ah yes, just what I need after a fun night on the town. Conspiracy and intrigue." He says, massaging his forehead. He sighs deeply before continuing. "So, WORST case Mal was involved in some kind ploy to free the bear... BEST case someone took advantage of Mal's negligence to cause a bit of anarchy." he says applying pressure to his eye's to ease the returning migraine.

eayres33

Explorer
Veit breathed a little easier once the bear was back in his cage. Frowning slightly as he looked around and couldn’t find any clean looking grass to chew on. “I agree, it sounds like someone took advantage of Mal’s mistake, the question becomes why?”

"Help me pick up Thom," G1 tells G2 and they try to pick up G4 (Thom) and lay him over the horse.

The town guards are asking bystanders and the owners of the tents that were trampled a bit by the bear what they saw. Most of the answers are in the form, I was minding me own business when that bear trashed the tent.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases