[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

Zadolix

First Post
Zadolix looked at the marks in the dirt and mused, "Looks like we be on the right track, these prints look like those scaly folk leading the vermin, right scaly?" he chuckled nudging Surina's leg. As the group continued to follow the tracks through the morning Zadolix tried to ascertain how many creatures they may be following looking at the footprints in the mud.

As they approached what appeared to be logs blocking the road his stomach rumbled violently. "Perhaps we could take moment for a quick top up? It's been a long night!" he asked patting his food pouch.

OOC:
Perception check for tracks - [roll0]
Perception check for GM request - [roll1]

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Surina sighed at Zadolix's pun, but struggled to hide a grin as she replied, "So it would appear, bearded one. Their scales are likely the only good thing about them."

OOC: Surina, Perception Check: 1D20 = [18] = 18http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=219174

Sorry for the delay; thought I was caught up. Glad to see I finally had a decent perception roll, however.

FYI, I'll check in again around lunchtime today, US Central time, but then I'm likely to be without internet until Thursday evening.

GM: Rewinding a bit, Z finds two potions of healing and sack containing 4 gp, 142 sp, and 84 cp at the prior campsite.

Up ahead of the party is definitely an ambush. There are several kobolds hiding behind the log blocking the road and you occasionally see a taller figure (probably one of the lizard folk) ducked down beside the road on the opposite side.

You could try to sneak around them or you could confront them. You are far enough away at the moment to discuss it.

Dawn is breaking.

TallIan

Explorer
Perin

"Well, they don't seem to be very good at hiding." Perin says with some relief."I vote we circle round and attack them from behind their own ambush."

Zadolix thinks the group is following no more than four lizardmen and a set of prints he's not sure what they might be other than he thinks they are man-sized. The prints disappear into a dirt trail that apparently continues on the other side of the road. To the northwest a thin plume of smoke where the Leed's Inn fire is under control can be seen at least a mile away.

The group edges around the roadblock quietly. None of the kobolds here seem to notice the party crossing the road behind them. The group finds a copse of trees about fifty feet from the rear kobold that they can get to unnoticed.

Roadblock.png

GM: Was there a short rest at the inn? I don't think so. In which case it's been about an hour. I'd say the spell will last another [roll0] rounds (or has expired).

Remove ads