[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Surina relaxes a bit as she hears the elder tell the other lizardfolk they would help them, and as she sees Everett agree to the suggestion of heading to the camp of these lizardfolk.

ooc: It's blue text on a white background. In fact, it's nearly the same color as the mention user reference in your post. And I did that to make it stand out from the player posts since my posts are no longer yellow.

One of the lizardfolk accompanying the elder runs ahead. You are lead through the swamp to a clearing with several straw and mud huts on stilts. There are obvious civilians going about their lives in the village. Youth lizardfolk are wrestling in the mud as others cheer on their favorites. You are noted by the villagers but otherwise not reacted to. The elder leads you to a large hut and ushers you in. A modest feast is prepared, consisting of vegetables and some cooked small game.

"Please eat, our warchief is preparing a map for you to help you make your way to the mining camp." Several other elders, male and female, join you for lunch. He introduces himself and the others. (I'll make up names if matters later.)

OOC: The initial conversation rehashes the talk you had in the swamp. Continue after that.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Got any ale, perchance?" asks Pelegon as he chews on a purple carrot. He smiles, which is not very charming with pieces of vegetable between his teeth, and winks at one of the lizardpeople. The aasimar is not sure how appropriate his manners are to them, but he figures it's worth a shot.

"Good food," he adds as he grabs a small handful of berries.

One of the women repeats a lot of the table talk in Common in Draconic to one of the men who apparent doesn't speak Common. That man responds to Pelegon's request saying in Draconic, "Human ale is a waste of time. Fetch some slaste for our guest." One of the servers leaves and returns with a pair of tall narrow mugs containing a frothy, somewhat thick beverage. One is given to Pelegon and the other to the lizardman who requested it.

A different lizardwoman says, in Common, "Slaissst has, what you would call, a big kick." The one who ordered the drink raises his mug to Pelegon and drinks it down in a slow gulp (it is thick, remember).

All the lizardfolk are watching Pelegon. They are hard to read but you can see some amusement, some concern, and even some dread on their faces.

OOC: I'll get back to you, Thateous, after the Slaste is consumed. JustinCase, Constitution saving throw (assuming Pelegon drinks it, which I believe is a good bet. And let us know if he downs in one slow gulp.)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Brother Pelegon takes the mug of slaste with trembling hands, and only taking the time to make a half-hearted attempt at a cheers motion, immediately starts drinking.

And drinking. And downing the whole thing in one gulp.

OOC: Oh boy, here comes the moment of truth... :)

[roll]1d20+1[/roll]
(If the dice roller doesn't work, I'll find another roller somewhere, but let's try this first.)

Edit:
Pelegon con save: 1D20+1 = [15]+1 = 16
So yeah! I hope... :D

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Swithun spoke with the lizardfolk nearest him, using hand-gestures when language failed him and nodding to the translator when it was needed and offered.

He found he was growing fond of these folk. The group had been absolutely right to use a peaceful approach and Swithun was glad to have been wrong.

The drink is earthy, nearly mud-like and for a moment Pelegon thinks he might vomit. But as he gets use to the texture, he notices it is also slightly sweet and very minty. It also has that familiar, comforting bite of alcohol, far stronger than ale, but still comforting to Pelegon.

OOC: Pelegon is already feeling buzzed, perhaps a bit more than buzzed. He knows if he has another he might end up at wasted instead of just drunk. Your call if he asks for more.

One of them says to Everett, "Ariamhodary's men have raided our village half-heartedly. We have driven them off each time, but the cost is becoming dire. I don't think he wants to destroy us. Instead he hopes the raids will sway us to his side."

One lizardman is visibly disdainful of that statement. Noticing his reaction, the first one continues, "Srellik voted to join Ariamhodary's cause during the first vote. Why he hasn't left the village is anyone's guess."

"Someone has to be around to say 'I told you so'," Srellik says. "Besides, I'm too old. Ariamhodary has been killing all the old lizardfolk of my age." Srellik is probably the oldest lizardfolk you've ever seen. "Still, most warm bloods look down on our kind. You and your group have been a breath of fresh swamp gas."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases