[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

GM: Of note, all food and livestock prices (and standard of living averages) in the PHB should be increased by 25% because of the food issue. Using the trade goods table, assume food and livestock on that list refers to 12 oz instead on 1 lb of the good. The half keg someone wanted to bring to this picnic will cost 3 gp and serves 60 pints.

The "nice place on the river" will be somewhere on the north shore of the Leed River east of the High Gardens district. About a 20 minute walk from The Square.

This growing merry band of acquaintances gathers food and drink and a few mugs and wanders to a bend in the river with a gentle slope right into the water. Someone produces a blanket and spreads it out on the ground.

Tifi skips the whole way there and dances to Theremin's lute playing.

doghead

thotd
Winter picks up some supplies on the way through the market. At the river, while someone sets up a camp fire, Winter forages around the area. Picking are a little slim given the proximity to town, but fresh.

Having added what she can to see to lunch, Winter kick off her boots and wades into the river to relax on a rock, cool her feet in the river and listen to Swithun playing the lute. All the while keeping one eye on the dragonflies as they flit around the riverbanks.

"So, Klebba, Theramin. What brings you to Bit?"

Went with meal prices for simplicity. Comfortable meals per day cost 5sp, so guessing about 3sp for a single decent meal. Prices are elevated, but we are buying from the market, not a tavern, so I figure that cancels out. Double that to cover for Tifi makes 6sp. Round up to a 1gp to stock up her own supplies. Hopefully, along with some berries etc, perhaps a few fish, maybe a bird or rabbit, it should be enough. Let me know.

Winter seems to have become a little protective (possessive?) of Tifi. While Winter is trying to respect the child's affection for BP, Winter has her concerns about the Brother's ability to look after a child. Feel free to tell Winter to back off.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
"So, Klebba, Theramin. What brings you to Bit?"

Klebba skips a stone on the river. "One, two, three, four...! Ha! I just can't get past four." The halfling takes another gulp of ale. "Brings me to Bit? Well, honestly, I just tired of being in one place. I'd been in Cade-Crable too long, I think. I'd heard through the rumor mill that Surina was in this area, so I figured, why not travel a bit to Bit and maybe bump into an old student? And what of you? Why Bit?"

The halfling turns his back to the river, standing ankle deep in the water.

"Say, Theramin, do you know Now Goes the Moon O'er the Wood?"

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Swithun laughed when Theramin finished a song and threw in a witty quip. It was a sound that Surina and Pelegon had never heard before, despite weeks of travelling with him. It was a deep heaving sound that squeaked at the end of each breath. At first everyone tried to control their own laughter, lest they be seen as laughing at the intimidating Centaur, rather than with him, but Tifi pointed and laughed saying, "He squeaks!"

For a moment, everyone was silent and then Swithun let out an even louder laugh of deep honking (followed by high-pitched squeaking) and everyone joined in.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Brother Pelegon gulps down two fills of water before grabbing an ale, but he only takes small sips, taking his time.

”Lots of people go to Bit in order to get away from their old lives,” the monk observes, more seriously than usual.

”But it seems fate doesn’t let one get away with that so easily.”

He smiles, his white teeth contrasting with his unshaven face, and seems a bit embarrassed to give this little bit of insight into his own life. Taking another sip, he looks at Tifi with warmth in his gaze.

”Sometimes fate sends slavers and a young girl in order to get you back on track, even after you decided to leave it all behind.”

The aasimar never takes his eyes off the girl as he mutters, ”Yes, I know you did, Bob.”

Then when the centaur starts singing, his usual carefree expression returns and Brother Pelegon laughs harder than most.

OOC: Only seconds between our posts! So I edited in a reaction to Swithun.

Winter seems to have become a little protective (possessive?) of Tifi. While Winter is trying to respect the child's affection for BP, Winter has her concerns about the Brother's ability to look after a child. Feel free to tell Winter to back off.
Absolutely fair, and Pelegon hasn’t given much signs of being a responsible adult so far. Intentionally, of course.

Last edited:

CharlotteOz

Explorer
Market Downs

Anna studied the thing in her hands, as she sat at the open stall restaurant. It was described as "saurian on a stick" and was, in fact, exactly that; a small lizard spitroasted on a small stick. It was still warm from the cooking fire, a little juice running down the stick.

It was her first time eating saurian on a stick, and her first time at this restaurant, and she told herself: be open to new experiences. And so, she nibbled on it a little.

Her eyes widened and she fumbled for the glass of milk - not water, they insisted, but milk - and immediately took a sip to neutralized the spices. This particular lizard had natural defenses in that biting into one would apparently be too distasteful for many of its natural predators; cooks had solved the problem by diluting it just enough to give it a kick, a kick that she was very much not used to.

After she quaffed her drink, she adjusted her glasses. She was a young woman, with brown hair and brown eyes, carrying a sizable backpack and cloak with her, hallmarks of a scholar if not a mage. The cook laughed at her reaction. "Some kick, no?"

"Yef - "
She paused, took another sip, and tried again. "Yes. Some kick. Now, I had a question: can you tell me where to find Sira Olin?"

"The wizard? He has a tower over in the gardens. You can't miss it. Head toward the cathedral and then head east to the garden bridge into the gardens. You'll see the tower to the south as you approach the bridge. Turn south past the bridge and it be about 10 minutes walk from there. 'ts a lovely tower. One of the few in Bit. Now, see that's where he lived. But no one's seen Master Olin in months. Maybe someone in gardens know more 'n me."

Remove ads