[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

"Everyone must have heard of the lizardfolk king who enslaved an entire town's worth of villagers to mine something in the swamps during Spring and Summer," Lady Riatta says. "Have you just arrived in Bit?"

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"That drink'd make anyone forget about yesterday," Brother Pelegon jokes, but then turns to Anna with a serious expression.

"You did just arrive, didn't you? Where are you from, anyway?"

The monk smiles and looks around the table.

"Not that your history matters if you're committed to helping us out, of course. Who you are today is more important than who you were before, isn't that right? I'm just curious; it's a curse."

Then he whispers under his breath, "I know it's not an actual curse, Bob."

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Turning to Winter, Surina says "Well, one of the lizardfolk we encountered implied that Ariamhodary was a dragonborn. And, of course, I am dragonborn. Close enough, perhaps?"
OOC: The latter part said with good humor and a bit of a smile. Surina can be quite serious, but she does have her lighter side.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"It is decided, then." stated Swithun, "We shall deep into the swamps and find what remains of Ariamhodary, or if he is dead, we will discover if any threat remains from his machinations."

CharlotteOz

Explorer
"That drink'd make anyone forget about yesterday," Brother Pelegon jokes, but then turns to Anna with a serious expression.

"You did just arrive, didn't you? Where are you from, anyway?"

"Solace," she replies, her headache finally starting to clear. "Didn't meet a lot of nonhumans - I mean, demihumans - other kinds of folk, there." She stood, steady on her feet at last. "I've been trying to fix that. So yes, the swamp sounds like a good place to start."

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
"Broadening your horizons, eh lass?" Brother Pelegon grins.

"Glad to know some people are smart enough to look beyond the local beliefs," he adds sincerely, refering to the known racist attitudes of the humans of Solace. Then with more than a bit of sarcasm, he continues, "You'll be glad to know that not all lizardfolk are coldblooded killers and slavers."

The monk nods when Swithun concludes they will go into the swamps to find Ariamhodary, although it could also be a nod of thanks to the servant who brings him his wine. Either way he raises his glass to the room at large.

"So when do we leave?" he asks before drinking a mouthfull of fermented grapes.

"Enthusiasm, I like that," Lord Tillerson says. "Okay so it seems like a good number of you want to hunt down Ariamhodary. I'm hoping that one turns out to be a wild goose chase and that he is already dead. There is a 2000 gp price on his head. So bring back proof of his demise and that will be split among those of you who go. But don't get yourselves killed trying to kill him. It's more important that we know he is still alive. That information only pays 500 gp but at least you aren't dead. Everyone who goes will also get 100 gp up front for spending between here and the swamp.

"You can provision in town. I'll give you are writ with which you can buy any reasonable gear at a few specific places in town. We have a couple representatives in the village of Ss'sslass expecting your expedition. If you buy horses, leave them in the village as the swamp is no place for riding horses. Our people in the village will make sure the horses are available to you for when you leave the swamp.

"Make sure you are well provisioned. The swamp is stingy for food in the winter. Bring more than one set of winter clothes. The swamp is wet and cold in the winter. I would suggest abandoning the mission mid-N'Drovo and resuming in the spring. The dead of winter is the worst time to be in the swamp. It isn't called the Swamp of Torment for laughs."

He nods to Lady Riatta who gets up from her seat. "So whoever is going on the mission, follow my daughter to the next room where you will receive your pre-payment and the writ. Those of you not going, I hope to convince you to go find out what you can about the problems facing the centaurs to our west."

Lady Riatta stands at the door and waits until it seems those ready to leave have left the table and those wanting to stay are not. She then opens the door and leads you to a room next door. Two guards are standing there with a bunch of sacks on a table. An older man with a ledger is also standing nearby. She goes to the table and picks up a sack. "Please step forward one by one to receive you pre-payment. Announce your name so Guthrie can record you name in the ledger. We do want to know who was sent on the mission."

GM: Okay, everyone step forward and announce your names as you receive a sack from the Lady. Afterward, Lady Riatta hands the writ to Surina. Lady Riatta will answer any questions you have as well.

Sorry this is a week late. Hopefully there is still a decent sized party still interested in playing.

@TallIan
@ArwensDaughter
@FitzTheRuke
@JustinCase
@Mark Chance
@Charlotte of Oz
@doghead
@Steve Gorak

Remove ads