[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

EarlyBird

Explorer
"Wolves," Keth says through heavy breathing his chest heaving as he holds his bloody axe at the ready.

"Wolves coming in fast!" he says after catching his breath and then pointing off into the darkness.

Last edited:

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
"Agreed" says Surina, "Let's get everyone to head to the church, then, unless you know a better location?"
OOC: Surina will start encouraging people to head for the church, unless a different suggestion is made. She will serve as rear guard, trying to keep herself between the townspeople and the approaching wolves as best as she can.

The mayor hears all this and says, "Miss, you may be brave. But these folk are not going to be able to walk in total darkness to the dark church without being attacked by wolves. If your man out there can see the wolves they must right outside the western door. Maybe they'll be too busy eatin' all those horses. But who wants to take that chance?"

The innkeeper says to some of the fighters, "Let move the timber away from the door here. May as well have to option of dying out there or dying in the fire in here."

The townsfolk upstairs are still milling about, gathering things, trying not to lose track of their children, etc.

GM: I'm going to let this conversation linger as several of you have not actually taken all your actions.

Last edited:

Zadolix

First Post
Turning to Mayor he said "Have ye folk put their efforts into putting out the fire, save what ye can of the establishment before the whole thing comes down. We'll deal with these mangy beasts." as he ran his finger along the blade of his hand axe.

OOC: I will use the ready action to prepare to throw my hand axe. The trigger will be when the nearest hostile wolf comes in my short throwing range (20ft)

ArwensDaughter

Adventurer
Surina turns and calls out to her fellows "Everett, can you get us some light out here? Perrin, we could sure use your bow!" Then she runs toward Keth.

OOC: I'm not sure precisely what the timing is. If there's time, I'd like Surina to reach Keth, use lay on hands to give him 5 HP, and then hold/prepare to use her breath weapon (15ft cone) on the wolves when they get in range but before they engage in melee. If I dash this round, I can get to him, but I'm not sure I want her to sacrifice the chance to her breath weapon. Does Surina have any sense what kind of time she has to work with?

GM: she can lay on hands or ready breath weapon. Not both before they should be arriving. I'll remind you that Zadolix received a healing word from the priest last round. Maybe he has another?

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Light cantrip last an hour or until you cast the cantrip again (have only one up at a time).
I do need to roll a concentration check for the damage from before to keep my shield of faith. DC 10 [roll0]
Still in dodge (shield up front) mode.

Keth stands next to Zadolix and Surina his shield at the ready. "So we're gonna fight these things off? Good." he says with a little laugh. "I have to much blood pumping through me now to go back to bed."

He takes his axe and bangs on his shield. "Come on you mangy gets! Time to join your masters!" he yells at the yellow eyes in the darkness.

[sblock=Combat]
AC: 14 (shield of faith, shield)
HP: 08/17 HD: 1/2 (1d8+2)
Speed: 30'
Saves: STR +3, DEX +0, CON +2, INT -1, WIS +4, CHA +3
Features: war priest 0/2 (long), relentless endurance 0/1 (long), channel divinity 1/1 (rest)
Special Defenses: none

Combat:
battleaxe +5 attack, 1d8+3 slashing, versitle (1d10)
mace +5 attack, 1d6+3 blundgeoning
dagger(melee) +5 attack, 1d4+3 piercing, finesse, light
dagger(thrown) +5 attack, 1d4+3 piercing, finesse, light, thrown, (range 20/60)
Spell Slots: 1st: 1/3
Cantrips: toll the dead, mending, light
Spells Prepared: divine favor, shield of faith, protection from good and evil, detect magic, healing word

Consumables:
torches 10/10
rations 09/10[/sblock]

OOC: Note: HP not with lay on hands - I vote to have your breath weapon ready, can use it to save someone.

TallIan

Explorer
Perrin

As the leaders flee Perin pushes outside, trying to maintain line of fire. "We'll have a hard time outrunning wolves! he shouts

[SBLOCK=Actions and Rolls]
Move: directly after the fleeing Yaun-Ti
Action: Attack Yaun-Ti if possible, otherwise the nearest kobold Perin attack and damage: 1D20+4 = [8]+4 = 12
1D8+2 = [8]+2 = 10
[/SBLOCK]
[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]AC: 15
Initiative: +2
HP: 12

Offense:
ShortSword: +4 5ft 1d6(+2) Finesse Light
Crossbow: +4 80/320 1d8+2
Bolts = 36[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads