[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Swithun charged into action, rushing toward the Kobolds. He ran right across the road in front of the wagon.


OOC: Dash to F20. Hey, 2nd Wind and Action Surge come back on a Short Rest. Which we got, or we wouldn't have spent Hit Dice, right? I only mention it because I might have used Action Surge to throw his net over a Kobold.
 
Concerned about what the tarp might hide, and aware that the kobolds might have bows, Surina ran to the other end of the boulder, then saw the lizardmen behind the cart. She ran toward them, throwing a javelin as she did so.

OOC: Surina will run to I 28 and throw a javelin at L2
Javelin thrown at L2: 1d20+5 6
Sigh. I think orokos hates me.
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
At the end of a long charge, Swithun threw a Net over one of the Kobolds.

OOC: Action Surge. [roll0] (or [roll1] disadvantage because nets kinda suck). Restrained on a hit. Edit: Yup. Suck.
 

TallIan

Explorer
Perin

Perin curses as the two kobolds head to the other side of the road. too far to engage with his sword, he lets fly a bolt before bursting out of cover, gesturing for his partner to follow.

[SBLOCK=rolls and stuff]
Action: AttackAttack and damage on L2: 1d20+4 22 1d8+4 11 I'm not sure Perin was hidden when he took the shot, but I rolled ADV anyway - it was a 6.
Move: to G33
Bonus: - [/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Ministats]AC: 15
Initiative: +2 (Roll With Advantage)
HP: 22/28 HD: 0/3d10

Offense:
ShortSword: +4 5ft 1d6+4 Finesse Light
Crossbow: +4 80/320 1d8+2

Spellcasting 0/3 Level 1: Hunters Mark; Goodberry; Longstrider

Blaith[/SBLOCK]
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
The kobolds manage to avoid the net.

The first lizardman casts a spell and the second lizardman grows in size, maybe 13 feet tall. He spots Perin and rushes toward him. He stabs at Perin with his giant trident and bite. But he cannot seem to get a bead on Perin.
attack Perin trident and Bite: 1d20+4 12 1d6+1d4+2 7 1d20+4 11 1d8+2 4
Perin then sees two more lizardmen exit the cart and the first lizardman give them direction to go left and right around the cart. The lizardmen move forward but take no other actions. The three visible lizardmen are armed with tridents and have shields.

Everett's fire bolt hits one of the kobolds.
Perin fires his bow at the giant and hits and the giant closes. (I skipped your move since the giant went first.)

The villagers engage the enemy as they can. The swordsman with Perin strikes at the giant foe. But his strike bounces off the giant shield.
attack L2: 1d20+1 14 1d6+1 7

The three archers near Everett step out and fire at Lizardman 3. Two of them hit.
attack L3: 3#1d20+1 21 21 4 3#1d6+1 3 5 6
The swordsman next to Valdral maintains his position, guarding the cleric.
The two archers to the south fire at Lizardman 4. One of them hits.
attack L4: 2#1d20+1 7 20 2#1d6+1 5 7

The kobolds draw their weapons and take up a defensive stance (all attacks are at disadvantage).

Zadolix rushes forward. And with a surge of energy strikes at L3. But the lizardman manages to dodge the deadly warhammer.
attack L3: 1d20+4 12 1d10+2 4 1d10+2 6

Swithun 22
Lizardmen 20
Everett 14
Perin 11
Villagers 9
Kobolds 8
Valdral 5
Zadolix 5
Surina 1
24/32
L2 11/22; L3 14/22; L4 15/22
17/17
22/28
not much
k1 1/6, k2 6/6
6/27
31/39
21/28
HD 0/3 (action surge used)

HD 0/3 (out of spells)
HD 0/3 (out of spells)


HD 3/3 (out of spells)
HD 1/3 (action surge used)
HD 2/3 (lay on hands: 5hp left)
Waiting on Valdral. [MENTION=6808932]eayres33[/MENTION] After val is Surina and Swithun.
(Arwen, if you want to change were Surina is going you can since you are last in the initiative.)

Cart Ambush.png
 
OOC: Thanks! Surina will move to K27, next to Zadolix, instead of the location I provided earlier. Her (failed) attack will be against L4
Question: The description above says Zad strikes out at L3; but the map puts him next to L4
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
GM: Must have been a typo. Z went after L4 because he suspects Perin might need help with the big guy.

I'll give eayres33 another day or two and then move on. Swithin is up at the top of the next round.
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Swithun called to Everett "Do not burn the one I am trying to take prisoner! Remember the plan: We need at least one alive."

Noticing the Lizardmen, he called to everyone, "We must try to get one Kobold, and one Lizardman to question! The rest may die!"

He kicked the burning Kobold, not to kill, but to knock the wind out of the little creature so it would stop jumping away when he tried to scoop it up in his net. And yet, it jumped away from his hoof, much to his frustration.

OOC: Move to D20, [roll0] for [roll]1d4+3[/roll] (Nonlethal). Edit: That didn't work, but I missed anyway.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
Valdral launches clutches his holy symbol and flame erupts near the giant. But the giant avoids the sacred energy.
Dex Save DC 13: 1d20 14

Surina rushes forward to aid Zadolix. But fails to connect with her strike.

Swithun shouts and in ineffective against the kobolds scurrying under-hoof.

L1 casts a fire bolt at the villager at K15. The villager screams and falls the ground.
fire bolt: 1d20+4 18 1d10 6

L2 attacks Perin with his trident and bite. The trident hits.
attack Perin trident and Bite: 2#1d20+4 16 9 2#1d6+1d4+2 9 8

L3 attacks Swithun with his trident and bite but misses both times.
attack Swithun trident and Bite: 2#1d20+4 10 12 2#1d6+2 3 8

L4 attacks Zadolix with his trident and bite. Viciously ripping into him (two crits)
attack Z trident and Bite: 2#1d20+4 24 24 2#1d6+2 3 8


Swithun 22
Lizardmen 20
Everett 14
Perin 11
Villagers 9
Kobolds 8
Valdral 5
Zadolix 5
Surina 1
24/32
L2 11/22; L3 14/22; L4 15/22
17/17
13/28
not much, one down
k1 1/6, k2 6/6
6/27
13/39
21/28
HD 0/3 (action surge used)

HD 0/3 (out of spells)
HD 0/3 (out of spells)


HD 3/3 (out of spells)
HD 1/3 (action surge used)
HD 2/3 (lay on hands: 5hp left)
Cart Ambush.png
 

TallIan

Explorer
Perin

Without much choice Perin grits his teeth and swings his sword at the enlarged lizardman

Attack and damage: 1d20+4 21 1d8+6 12

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]AC: 15
Initiative: +2 (Roll With Advantage)
HP: 13/28 HD: 0/3d10

Offense:
ShortSword: +4 5ft 1d6+4 Finesse Light
Crossbow: +4 80/320 1d8+2

Spellcasting 0/3 Level 1: Hunters Mark; Goodberry; Longstrider[/SBLOCK]
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
Everett sends a bolt of fire at the lizardman Swithun is fighting for a bit of damage.
Perin slays the large lizardman with a swing of his sword.

Perin's swordsman move up and takes a defensive stance.

The two bowmen to the west shoot at L3. One of them hits him square in the chest.
attack L3: 2#1d20+1 7 18 2#1d6+1 6 7

Valdral's swordsman moves up and attacks L4 and does a little damage.
attack L4: 1d20+1 17 1d6+1 2

The two bowmen to the south fire at L4 as well. And both hit.
attack L4: 2#1d20+1 21 18 2#1d6+1 7 2

The two kobolds strike at Swithun. One of them manages to hit.
attack swithun: 2#1d20+3 14 16 2#1d6+1 3 4

Valdral moves forward and casts sacred flame at the enemy spellcaster. The fire burns him a bit.
Dex Save DC 13: 1d20+2 8 1d8 4

Zadolix attacks L4 but misses.

Surina's sword bites into the lizardman and he dies at her feet.

Swithun 22
Lizardmen 20
Everett 14
Perin 11
Villagers 9
Kobolds 8
Valdral 5
Zadolix 5
Surina 1
20/32
L1 18/22; L2 0/22; L3 4/22; L4 4/22
17/17
13/28
not much, one down
k1 1/6, k2 6/6
6/27
13/39
21/28
HD 0/3 (action surge used)

HD 0/3 (out of spells)
HD 0/3 (out of spells)


HD 3/3 (out of spells)
HD 1/3 (action surge used)
HD 2/3 (lay on hands: 5hp left)
Top of the round again.

Cart Ambush.png
Oops, K1 should be at E20.
 
Surina felt the hand of Essembri upon her as she watch the lizardman who had struck Zadolix fall to the ground. Running to the back of the wagon, she raised her sword again and struck out at the lizardman spellcaster.

OOC: Thank you for moving Surina this round! I narrated here just for continuity' sake. Here's her attack roll:
Longsword attack on L1: 1d20+5 13
If a 13 hits, unless others hit and do significant damage to L1 before Surina hits, she will use her last spell slot to divine smite L1. It's the second d8 in the damage roll: Longsword damage + Divine Smite (both d8s): 1d8+3+1d8 10
If L1 is still standing at the end of this round Surina will move to E26 to hopefully get out of Perrin and Vadral's line of sight; If L1 drops, she will head to F22 so she can help Swithun
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Swithun risked one more try to get a prisoner. He whipped his net over the head of the Lizardman in front of him. Much to his frustration, the Lizardman ducked under it.

OOC: [roll0] or [Roll=Disadvantage]1d20+5[roll]. Lizardman is Restrained if it works, which it probably won't. Edit: I messed up the formatting, but it doesn't really matter. It can only get worse from there.
 

TallIan

Explorer
Perin

Perin follows the villager swordsman but drops his sword at his feet and swings his crossbow round to loose a bolt at the closest lizardman.

[SBLOCK=Actions and rolls]
Move: to G34
Action: Attack and damage on L1: 1d20+4 16 1d8+4 9 (should have an additional +2 to damage from favoured enemy);
Bonus Action:[/SBLOCK]
[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]AC: 15
Initiative: +2 (Roll With Advantage)
HP: 13/28 HD: 0/3d10

Offense:
ShortSword: +4 5ft 1d6+4 Finesse Light
Crossbow: +4 80/320 1d8+2

Spellcasting 0/3 Level 1: Hunters Mark; Goodberry; Longstrider[/SBLOCK]
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
Swithun cannot snag the elusive kobold.

L3 has just as little luck against Swithun.
attack Swithun trident and Bite: 2#1d20+4 8 8 2#1d6+2 7 7

L1 draws a dagger and bites and stabs at Surina. He manages to hit with the dagger.
attack Surina dagger and Bite: 2#1d20+4 14 23 1d6+2 5 1d4+2 3


Swithun 22
Lizardmen 20
Everett 14
Perin 11
Villagers 9
Kobolds 8
Valdral 5
Zadolix 5
Surina 1
20/32
L1 18/22; L2 0/22; L3 4/22; L4 4/22
17/17
13/28
not much, one down
k1 1/6, k2 6/6
6/27
13/39
18/28
HD 0/3 (action surge used)

HD 0/3 (out of spells)
HD 0/3 (out of spells)


HD 3/3 (out of spells)
HD 1/3 (action surge used)
HD 2/3 (lay on hands: 5hp left)

Everett is up. (No change to the map.)
 

Advertisement

Top