[IC] JM's A Bit of Trouble (Book 2)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Swithun saw Brother Pelegon fall and he felt a pang of regret for giving these lizardfolk a chance. This was what he had expected to happen, but it had been what he had expected from the other lizardfolk too, and that had gone surprisingly differently. He furiously twisted his blade, slicing through the mocking lizardman squad leader. He spun around and thrust the sword-spear at the next lizardfolk to come up to him, finding himself surrounded. The blade glanced off of the lizardfolk's armour. Swithun was far too focused to see anything beyond his immediate targets.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
OOC: I'm at the wrong place on the map. I moved to HH-21. I imagine the lizardfolk followed me there, so I'm still down, though.

Edit: I don't think I can make a Perception check while unconscious. If you feel otherwise, please let me know.

Death saving throw: Brother Pelegon death save: 1D20 = [18] = 18 (made it!)

AC 15 (but prone and unconscious)
HP 0/27
Ki points 1/3

Death saves succeeded: 1/3
Death saves failed: 0/3

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Swithun nodded to Drake as he caught the firedancer's eye. He'd happily take a singe to fry an extra lizardman or two...

"What sound?" he asked Surina.

Bro P lays in the mud, unconscious.
Swithun severely damages the lizardfolk head guard L1.
Everett launches a scorching ray at the three most injured lizardfolk killing the recent injured leader and the fleeing guard. But Surina's target manages to avoid the flames.
Scorching ray vs L1, L6, L7: 3#1d20+5 24 9 21
Surina damages L6. She then calls out. "What's that sound?" One of the guards laughs when she does.
Everett replies, "Sounds like something is coming this way." He backs up the hill to higher ground.
Perin's wolf. The wolf bites into L5 and drags him to the ground.
Bite attack on L5 and trip save: 1d20+4 23 2d4+2 6 1d20+2 7
Perin stabs at him on the ground, killing him with a harsh blow.
shortsword: 2d20k1+4 24 1d6+4 6
Drake angles himself to breathe fire on the guards as he doesn't want to catch Surina or Bro Pelegon in his flames. L4 takes the brunt of the fire. L6 manages to take some cover behind L4.
L4 and L6 dex save dc 12: 2#1d20+2 9 12

L2 attacks Swithun 11 [1d20=7] 18 [1d20=14], hitting with his scimitar. 6 [1d8=4]
L3 attacks Swithun 20 [1d20=16] 8 [1d20=4], hitting with his bite 6 [1d6=4]
L4 attacks Surina 17 [1d20=13] 5 [1d20=1], hitting with his bite 5 [1d6=3]
L6 attacks Perin 12 [1d20=8] 5 [1d20=1], missing twice.

Bite and Scimitar strikes: 8#1d20+4 11 18 20 8 17 5 12 5 4#1d6+2 6 6...

L1 hp dead
L2 hp 26/30
L3 hp 22/30
L4 hp 10/30
L5 hp dead
L6 hp 1/30
L7 hp dead

Another perception check for everyone: Perin and Everett's checks: Perception: 1d20+4 18 1d20+3 15
There is definitely something rumbling. You can feel it on the ground. And if you heard it before, it's definitely getting closer.
Along with the low rumble, there's the sound of wood snapping in half.
Above the din, you can hear some of the prisoners shouting "The moat. Beware of the moat." That makes something click in your mind. Ah, rushing water. That's what the rumbling sound is.

Swamp Prison.png

tglassy

Adventurer
Perception: 1D20-1 = [9]-1 = 8

Not wanting to hit the monk, and not noticing any noises while so filled with rage, Drake steps towards L3 and engulfs him and L2 in another flame bath, trying not to hit Swithun.

OOC: This is my first time using this spell. Oh my goodness. Don’t have enough Sorcerer points for another Quickened Spell, but I’ve only used 2 spells so far.

I think I’ve found my new favorite spell.

DC 13 Dex save for half vs Dragon Breath: 3D6 = [4, 3, 5] = 12

Remove ads