D&D 5E (IC) (OneShot) JustinCase's Within The Circle

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
OOC: I'll give [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] another day or two to respond, then I'll get things moving again.

JustinCase

Chief Krig’s face goes through many emotions after hearing about Belig’s supposed death, the most obvious of those being sadness and relief.

”Always was trouble,” he says finally, then tells you that the poisoning of Thistle was accidental. Krig wanted to put the upstart Belig in his place and tasked him with cleaning out the privvy. Belig swept everything into the river, thereby making the village, depending on the river water for many things, very sick. Sensing an opportunity to gain not just wealth but some authority to challenge the chief, Belig started to blackmail the town.

”The lizards are weak and don’t need such a big place,” the goblin continues. ”My family needed a home, so we took this one.”

He points to the formerly hidden door.

”I even found the secret place, which the lizards didn’t know. Perhaps if you open it and take whatever treasure inside, I will promise we’ll never bother anyone and we can stay here?”

His last words are sounding desperate.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Goblin lair
Evening
Round 0

Magdalena glared at Krig. “No, you cannot stay here,” she said. “You stole it from the lizard people. It is their home. You can find some other home. Or perhaps you can learn to share this one. If they let you. And they will not be your slaves.”

Magdalena looked over to the door Krig had indicated. Then she went over to the fallen Thadius. She knelt down and said a quick prayer for his infernal soul. “May Helm watch over you.” Then she left him to whatever god or devil claimed him.

“Let’s check that door. Perhaps there will be something of the Circle in there,” she said, keeping an eye on Krig. “Go to your womenfolk,” she told the goblin boss. “Make whatever preparations you need to leave. But cross us again, and our mercy is at an end.”

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Reaction:
Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions: Blessed
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspirations:
AC: 16 (chainmail)
HP: 8/12 HD: 1/1d10
Divine Sense (3/LR)
Lay on Hands 0/5

Prepared Spells:

Spell Slots Remaining/Total
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Need to buy torches.
[/sblock]

Azurewraith

Explorer
This preachy woman certainly did like to boss people around. Well now that the goblin was dealt with James heads over to the exploding for and does his thing.
OOC: [roll0]

JustinCase

"Of course, merciful lady," Chief Krig mutters, then looks down at his own weapon in Magdalena's hand. After a split second, he seems to make a decision and bows slowly.

"I will gather my subjects and move out immediately," he proclaims, as if it was his idea in the first place, then, if nobody interferes, cautiously moves around the intruders and out of the room, towards the nursery and the females' rooms.

James moves towards the door and is about to inspect is up close when something clicks, and so does something in his pocket. As the door opens of its own volition, James realizes that the signet ring the Baron gave you, magically unlocked the door.

After a moment or two of tense waiting, the door is open and nothing has exploded.

A corridor winds to the right, curling back left and out of view. Unlit torches line the walls. Dust covers the floor, untouched by any footprints.

OOC: I realized it was never specified who among you carried the Baron's ring, so for convenience, I elected to let James have it on him.

Azurewraith

Explorer
As soon James hear the click he freezes then he realises it came his pocket and he wasn't burning alive or flying across the room. "I think the ring opened this door." James sees peering in

Remove ads