Pathfinder 1E [IC] Pathfinder: Iron Gods

G

Guest 11456

Twist, Vandor and Aja remain with Brath and Yadriss while Hailey, Olrich and Zeta go with Luepel to meet the humanoids' leader. Finally making it to the right place Hailey, Olrich and Zeta find that the cramped cave is filled with metal junk covering almost every inch of ground. The precarious pile rises up in a heaplike hut to the northwest. From the hut a forth humanoid emerges. "I am Sef. I am glad that we could meet. If you will do two things for me I will give you a strange device we recovered from the wreckage to the east. Those two things are to leave my tribe unharmed and to clear out the pesky creatures to the north. I also can give you information about the others that went before you. There were six groups that I know of that came before you. What say you? Do we have a deal?

Meanwhile Twist, Vandor and Aja move out into the main part of the cavern with Brath and Yadriss. To the east is something made of a strange metal. A smooth wall of dark gray metal bisects the cavern here, its expanse pitted and scorched but quite solid looking. A strange, circular opening pierces the wall five feet off the ground, allowing access to some sort of hallway on the other side.

CURRENT MAP

[section]Twist's eyes glittered with glee. The ratkin forgot himself for a moment, hurriedly loping over to the grey wall to the east. A soft "Oh!" escaped when he got close. What was this new wonder? And were those DOORS?! Twist scanned the metal obstruction, trying to gage its height and length, and whether there appeared to be any markings.[/section]

[sblock=OOC]Perception 10 and Knowledge (dungeoneering) 25 to investigate the grey wall to the east. Also, if relevant, Twist has the Numerian Archaelogist {IGPG} trait: Gain Androffan as an additional language. When you use a timeworn technological item, roll twice when determining any glitches the item might cause and choose which result to use as your actual result.[/sblock]
UPDATED MAP

Kaodi

Hero
"Did you offer this same deal to any of those other groups?" asks Olrich calmly. "Did any of them accept and fail to complete the task of clearing away the creatures?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Hailey Navarre

HaileyNavarre_zpsf91b3661.jpg

Hailey’s eyes were hooded by the brim of her hat, but they narrowed at the upfront proposition without the slightest bit of small talk beforehand. She had asked a number of questions of Luepel before beign brought to see Sef, and now she was looking to have her questions answered.

“Well, you deal sounds okay. But first, I had some more questions that your minions said would be answered after we met you.”

“Just who are you people and what are you doing living down here? If you want us to deal with pesky creatures as you put it, you are going to tell us more about them and why they are bothering you.”

“Why haven’t you been able to deal with them yourselves?”

[sblock=Mini-stats]Hailey Navarre
Init +6, Speed 30 (20 with Backpack)
AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14 (Chain shirt) , CMD 16
Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3
HP 12; Current: 12
Conditions in effect: Rapid Reload, Point Blank Shot, prone
Grit: 3/3
Deeds: Gunslinger Dodge, Quick Clear, Up Close & Deadly

Weapon in Hand: None[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

"Did you offer this same deal to any of those other groups?" asks Olrich calmly. "Did any of them accept and fail to complete the task of clearing away the creatures?"

"We did not. Our previous leader was of a different mind. He wished for us to be more aggressive. That stance got him killed. Since I have been the leader we have only seen one other group and we did not deal with them."

Hailey’s eyes were hooded by the brim of her hat, but they narrowed at the upfront proposition without the slightest bit of small talk beforehand. She had asked a number of questions of Luepel before beign brought to see Sef, and now she was looking to have her questions answered.

“Well, you deal sounds okay. But first, I had some more questions that your minions said would be answered after we met you.”

“Just who are you people and what are you doing living down here? If you want us to deal with pesky creatures as you put it, you are going to tell us more about them and why they are bothering you.”

“Why haven’t you been able to deal with them yourselves?”

"We are known as skulks. Our tribe came here from the Darklands about a month ago. We came up from the pit to the south. Our original leader assisted in our ascent. The creatures are known as jinkin gremlins. They are extremely annoying and we do not have the resources to combat them."

Twist's eyes glittered with glee. The ratkin forgot himself for a moment, hurriedly loping over to the grey wall to the east. A soft "Oh!" escaped when he got close. What was this new wonder? And were those DOORS?! Twist scanned the metal obstruction, trying to gage its height and length, and whether there appeared to be any markings.

As Twist heads over toward the metal wall, Brath moves toward the Ratfolk. He does so in as non-threatening posture as possible. "Please! There will be time for discovery later. Please come back with the others." Twist is able to see what looks like a hallway through the opening. However from his perspective he can only see the ceiling as the opening starts above his field of vision.

Shayuri

First Post
"What can you tell us about them? Numbers...equipment...any unusual abilities..." Zeta asks. For her part, the deal sounds good so long as the gremlins aren't too formidable a force.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Hailey Navarre

HaileyNavarre_zpsf91b3661.jpg

Hailey was not sure what skulks were and looked over at Olrich. She asked in soft voice out of the side of her mouth, “Do you know what skulks are?”

She waited for Sef to answer Zeta first, then asked, “Why did you all come here? Where does that pit back there come out? You said your dead leader helped climb up it. That implies that he has something special that you no longer can use, yeah?”

[sblock=Mini-stats]Hailey Navarre
Init +6, Speed 30 (20 with Backpack)
AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14 (Chain shirt) , CMD 16
Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3
HP 12; Current: 12
Conditions in effect: Rapid Reload, Point Blank Shot, prone
Grit: 3/3
Deeds: Gunslinger Dodge, Quick Clear, Up Close & Deadly

Weapon in Hand: None[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
The arcanist probes his memory for what he knows about peoples from the Darklands, and about tiny fey races for that matter. As it happens, he has read some decent accounts of the former, but his knowledge of jinkin gremlins might extend not far beyond having merely heard of them before. For the moment Olrich just gives a slight reassuring nod to Hailey.

OOC: K (Local): 1d20+9=28, K (Nature): 1d20+7=14

[section]Twist turned to Brath, but covertly eyed the opening in the wall. He tried to catch a glimpse through the opening of what was in the hallway. The ratling stood up straight and strained just a hair beyond his normal height to see through the opening, then walked back over to rejoin the group. "Why? Is it dangerous? Oooo! Will it give me a jolt if I touch it?!" Twist took a second look at the wall. His nose worked overtime. Curiosity unsated, the ratkin continued, "Is it magic? Will it kill me? What's behind it? Are those doors? Are they locked? You got a key? When do we get to look at it?" The questions came rapid fire. [/section]

Remove ads