Pathfinder 1E [IC] Pathfinder: Iron Gods

G

Guest 11456

Hailey was not impressed with the skulk leader’s answers. She was wondering if they might be lying or intentionally hiding the truth.

Sef wanted their help, but did not appear very helpful in exchange. “Well, thanks for the information, even if it wasn’t especially useful. I still don’t think it is going to stop us from doing it. I just hope you will be able to live up to your end of the bargain.”

She touched the brim of her hat with the thumb and forefinger of her shooting hand, a sign of farewell. Then she turned to her two companions, “Shall we inform the others and get started?”

From what Hailey can gather the skulk leader is being truthful and not holding back any information.

"Very shortly, I suppose," answers Olrich. Turning his gaze back to Sef, the arcanist says, "I have just one other question then concerning more mundane arrangements: Should we require making camp, what sort of space can be made here? Leaving through the water and coming back each day is not much of an option for us."

"If you help us with our problem then feel free to camp here if it serves your purposes. We can even double up on or huts should you wish to use one or two of them."

"Agreed," Zeta says. "This is something that will take time...we may not be able to finish before needing to rest and regroup. We wouldn't need your supplies, just a safe place with water and space for bedrolls and a fire."

"Help us and we will help you.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
HaileyNavarre_zpsf91b3661.jpg

With the final question asked and answered, Hailey continued back to where the others were waiting. She asked Olrich as they went, “Are you thinking we shall not be finished in time to use the water breathing magic to get out? There is a possibility of descending into the pit with rope. Though what sort of exit that might be in the Darklands is beyond my ken.”

Returning to where Vandor, Twist , and Aja awaited, she filled them in on what was talked about with Sef. There was not much to tell, so she did not bother leaving much out.

“Since we are allegedly going to get some information about the other expedition, I am assuming no one has objections to this deal, yeah?”

The gunslinger was ready to get started, but there were others that needed to lead the way.

[sblock=Mini-stats]Hailey Navarre
Init +6, Speed 30 (20 with Backpack)
AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14 (Chain shirt) , CMD 16
Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3
HP 12; Current: 12
Conditions in effect: Rapid Reload, Point Blank Shot, prone
Grit: 3/3
Deeds: Gunslinger Dodge, Quick Clear, Up Close & Deadly

Weapon in Hand: None[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
"Descending into a Darklands pit is no option at all," comments the arcanist. "And no, the spell that allowed us to breath water will not last indefinitely. It it turns out we cannot escape the way we came then we had best hope that the councillor is alive and can perform the spell himself."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Hailey Navarre

Hailey nodded and added, “Right, we only have four hours from when we left to return back the way we have come. And we are nearly one and half hours into that allotment.”

“But why are the Darklands no option?”
she asked.

Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3

Kaodi

Hero
Olrich raises an eyebrow, taken aback. "A place none of us have ever been. An environment none of us are suited for. Exits that are entirely unknowable - these people came from the Darklands, and climbing out of a pit was their only option? All manner of dangerous beasts. And if you are really unlucky, the end up going further down and not up. And what is down there..."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Hailey Navarre

Hailey had a skeptical expression as Olrich's explanation did not fly with her.

"Ah, that is not what I heard back there." she gestured over her shoulder.

"Sef did not mention they had no choice, in fact he did not KNOW why they had to come. If they were fleeing danger, I don't think it would be some mystery to him."

"Yes, there are unknowns and uncertainty in that direction. But how is that different from anything else down here?"

"Sorry, but if we need to consider alternative exits from down here, then that still could be an option to explore. After we help Sef, maybe he will tell us more about the Darklands so we can make a proper judgment instead guessing... Unless you have information you are not sharing?"

Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3

Shayuri

First Post
"It sounds to me like the Darklands aren't related to what we're trying to do here," Zeta points out. "There's nothing to suggest any of the expeditions we're trying to find went down there."

She looks back at the skulks and nods.

"Thank you for the information you've shared. We'll look into these other creatures you mentioned. If they impede us, they'll be dealt with."

Graybeard said:
Vandor listened carefully to Twists words. The rat man had noticed a hallway of some sort beyond the circular opening. a hallway to where, he wondered. Perhaps they would have the chance to explore it later. There primary mission is to locate Bain and rescue him if at all possible. Of course, finding a solution to the fire burning out would be a great victory for the town and, by association, the group.

"Understood, Twist. We must remember our primary mission. These side trips and explorations are indeed interesting and enlightening. The increased knowledge of these caves is of great value to the people back home. I hope we do not get so intertwined in these excursions that we forget why we are here."

[section]Twist nodded some more. "Say, where're Hailey and Zeta?" Twist looked around. "And Olrich-what's-his-name? They've been gone a while. Shouldn't we be getting back to them?" [/section]

[sblock=OOC]I'm unclear whether there is anything for us to be doing at this juncture. Are we waiting for the other half of the group to return, or should we go looking for them?[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Hailey Navarre

Hailey nodded as zeta mentions the Darklands were unlikely to be related to the expeditions.

"Right, I only mentioned that as an alternate way out if we are down here too long to use the water breathing spell."

Hearing her name when they came out of the tunnel to join the others she answered, "We are right here."

"We have made an agreement to help these people with some troublesome critters in the tunnel north from here. Th think that is it, maybe?"

She gestured towards the narrow passage along the far wall.

UPDATED MAP
[sblock=OOC Note]Before Hailey started the conversation with Olrich about the Darklands, I wrote that she had departed Sef’s presence because they were done talking.

It is only about 30 feet to return to where the other three waited. I have been assuming we are all together during my last few IC posts. [/sblock][sblock=Mini-stats]Hailey Navarre
Fort +4, Ref +6, Will +3

Graybeard

Explorer
Vandor

"What kind of critters and how does this benefit us or our quest?"

Vandor was concerned about yet another side quest that would delay their search for Commisioner Baine.

Remove ads