[IC] Return of the Runelords - Old Doom Shopping Trip - About eight days ago

G

Guest 11456

It is Oathday, Arodus 23, 4718 AR. Every Oathday is a time for the Circle Market to open for business. It is just after lunch and you had planed to see what bargains you might find at the Circle Market.

OOC: I need a 1d20 roll from you.

G

Guest 11456

After searching for about a half hour you find one dealer who has a serviceable healer's kit. Checking it over it seems that some of the supplies are missing. There is still enough for nine uses. Also you find a flask that is decorated with several colors of paint mixed into a design of some sort. You are not quite sure but there is something special about the flask. It is stopped closed.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Dark clothed figure stands in its robe, still dusty from the trip around the farms surrounding the town. He looks over the healing kit with lots of humming and hawing. He gives the flask only cursory glance before continuing to haggle over the healing bag.
"But you see, it is used and Torag only knows what the original owner did with the dosages or how he kept the supplies. Yes, yes, I know, poor old me cannot choose when I cannot afford the new one. But I could mend several of your items that could use a quick shine-up or real repair work to enhance their value...if you'd allow for half a difference to affect the price of this bag."

OOC: assuming the merchant agrees on quick mendings, he slips one detect magic along the way.

But even as he haggled over the price, just before the merchant had a chance to speak back he offers to buy the 'pretty bauble' as part of the original price. It would come handy if he needs to mollify a child-ruler or something.
"I would make sure they know from where such a wondrous toy comes from."

Sense Motive on the merchant: 1D20+12 = [10]+12 = 22 - just before he speaks :)

Appraise the flask: 1D20+2 = [3]+2 = 5
- no idea about its real worth

G

Guest 11456

The merchant speaks to you. "I will let you have the healer's kit for half price of 25 gold since it is obviously used. No need for any mending. Then flask I cannot part with for less then 30 gold."

OOC: The flask detects as magical.

Neurotic

"It is a nice flask to be sure. But I still have equipment to buy here. How about you let the old dwarf work for at least something of both prices?"
He huffs
"It's not like I'm trying to cheat you. And I can magic stuff sure, but if you're leery of such, I can offer a guard dog, guard dwarf or extra beast of burden to your merchandize. Obviously, I will not sell them, but you can have us for a night or two. No magic. Or I can talk to your horse and persuade it to carry more. It will not grow tired for couple of hours, maybe more. I could make you go faster for an hour or two. Or if you go through the wilderness on your way home, I can make it clear a path for you. Obviously, I can read weather, help with the disease, sickness or wounds. How about it? You could help an old dwarf here at no cost for yourself.

I offer you 40 gold pieces for both healers kit, such as it is and the flask. Deal?"

Diplomacy: 1D20+6 = [14]+6 = 20

OOC: spells offered in order: mending, ant haul, longstrider, nature's paths, raed weather

G

Guest 11456

"I will reduce the price healer's kit to 20 gold but I stand firm on 30 gold for the flask. That would be 50 gold for the pair." The merchant turns as another customer is asking about a short sword. "That sword has only been used once and is in excellent shape."

Neurotic

OOC: As is, I have 45 gp. If I cannot adapt existing list I will forgo healers kit. Will check when I get home

Neurotic

"Hmmm...tell you what. I'll take the flask. I'm curious why you think it is worth so much. And I can find a healers kit some other time. I hope my back doesn't kill me in the meantime."

The dwarf keeps going through the market, looking for other good deals and haggling on each of them with gusto. He grumbles frequently, offers to help even more often and in general asks about the health of the last several generations of human(oid)s he meets and recognizes.

OOC: I will need some pots and pans, a rope, a tent, and such mundane camping gear. I will also spend some money on food for me and the animals

Remove ads