[IC] Return of the Runelords

Kaodi

Hero
The seer nods in agreement. "I am going to take the painting and the slippers back to my room for a little quality time," she says. "The first I can perhaps repair with magic, though the results may not be spectacular. And if you would like to accompany me for a while, Mei Ying, maybe between the two of us we can figure out what these slippers do. I have a bit stronger grasp of my spells now, but I imagine this is still more your area of expertise." Shendra pauses momentarily to look to whoever is carrying the gold. "The rest of you can figure out what to make of the rest of what we found. Whatever funds we may have recovered should be put to use in our quest, lest we rouse the annoyance of old Roderic."

Scotley

Hero
Teodor nods in agreement. "My needs are simple. I aguree we need to put what we found to use in ending this threat." He looks to the group. "I'm not going to be much help with the repair or magic testing. The offer to buy the first round stands if anyone wants to get a drink."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
While the group discussses their options, the druid calmed his animals and walked up to them.

"If I may interrupt, good sirs and madams..." he bows slightly
"You seemed ready for these creatures and weren't frightened of their looks. And dispatched them with some speed. I waited for this for two or three human generations and am eager to lend my hand in stopping the wrathful doom. If you would consider taking us as companions, I am Drâth Isidar. Humans around here call me Old Doom or Gloom or some such. They of course didn't listen and didn't prepare for this."

OOC: Leveled up: +1 Fort, +1 Will, +8HP, +1 BAB, +1 cantrip and +1 1st level spell slot

The dwarf is old, moving fairly slow, but seems vital enough, walking without shuffling or hesitation. He fought in tandem with the animals. He is dressed wholy in black, from the staff, cloak and boots to the armor and even big book he picked up from the pony after the fight; his horse and the raven on his shoulder (obviously) are all black. His hair was black also, but now shows the signs of age. It is hard to gauge how old he is, but he mentioned waiting for generations.

Bushy eyebrows come together as he appraised the group, but his tone is cultured and the voice full. Many dwarves are gruff to humans, this one seems knowledgeable in the ways of humans. Holy symbol hangs from his neck, declaring him a priest of Torag to those knowledgeable in such matters.

"Does anyone need healing?"

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Teodor looks at the newcoming in wide eyed surprise. "Well met Drâth Isidar." He makes a sweeping gesture. "Please join us. You have information about what's going on here? I'd very much like to hear it."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Michael also shakes hands with Drath. Glad to have all the help we can get on this quest. And I've been beaten around enough in the last two or three days that a healer is most welcome.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Healing from Shendra is welcome and the dwarf actually smiles as his wounds close completely
"Thank you, my lady, it is most appreciated. I will return the favor as soon as I can even hoping I will never need to."
Continuing the introduction...
"Glad to meet someone willing to confront the sin-rune monstrosities. Did you manage to discover which one is it this time?"
The dwarf tries to gain some information while at the same time channeling some of the Torags power into the fighter pulling the power from the ley lines...but prejudice gets in the way - a dwarf healing a human by the power of the dwarven deity...it will take some doing and adjusting. But the spell is granted and healing energies course through Michael.

OOC: convert Burning Disarm into CLW (or whoever else was wounded, Michael simply said he took a beating)
CLW on Michael: 1D8+4 = [1]+4 = 5

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
Straightening her back and holding her head up high as she makes her way through the common room of the Creekside Tavern Shendra makes a beeline for the modest room she has rented. Once safely ensconced in her private quarters, however, she relaxes her haughty expression and sets the painting down, leaning it up against the leg of the small table. It's been a long day, she thought to herself as she outwardly sighed in relief.

The oracle unbuckled her studded coat and slipped it off, tossing it on the floor beside the bed. She then sat down and pulled the enchanted slippers from her pack. Invoking the magic that allowed her to perceive eldritch auras she carefully looked them over, making a number of intrigued sounds as the considers them from different angles. Once she is satisfied she even strips off her boots and tries them on for a moment - they would be pretty once dried out and cleaned up properly but they clashed somewhat with her other attire.

Afterwards Shendra turned her attention to the painting. Unfortunately the spell for repairing things was a bit time consuming so between the tear in the painting and the wear in her clothes she expected her time to be occupied for a while. But such a piece of artwork would be a fine prize for the town if she could make it work.

OOC: Spellcraft: 1D20+5 = [13]+5 = 18
Mending: 1D4 = [3] = 3

Ten minutes per casting of mending. Shendra will keep working on it until the painting is whole or until it becomes clear her magic is not up to the task.

Remove ads