[IC] Return of the Runelords

Shayuri

First Post
It was fear that drove Mei-Ying away...it was shame that almost kept her from coming back. Only remembering young Teea convinced her to face that shame. That others had succumbed to the haunting as well was no excuse. She was expected to be better than that. To be caught off-guard was a reminder not to be off-guard.

For Teea's sake, for her own sake, she would learn this lesson.

Mei got back in time to see an elf accosting the others as they regrouped. With a silent prayer of thanks to the gods the others were all right...not harmed by her weakness this time...Mei-Ying rejoined them. It seemed a meeting was being discussed. Unsure if she was included in the invitation, she chose to remain silent for the moment.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
The girl was clinging to her uncle's arm, her grip still tight with past fright... Clinging and frowning at Audrahni too, although for slightly different reasons.

"A ghost just appeared in the Circle and I ripped my dress running away," she stated, still frowning at the other girl.

And you're asking us about dinner?!

(She sometimes sang at the Lady's Chapel for services, so she, at least, knew Father Marphan and the graveskeeper fairly well. She and Audrahni 'spoke' in the graveyard when Teea came to visit her family. So they were on speaking terms at least... which, for either of them, meant something.)

G

Guest 11456

Shendra can tell that the elf is genuine in what she is saying. She is not telling you everything. But perhaps a meal and some drink will help with that.

Audrahni turns to Teea. "I am sorry that you ripped your dress." She looks around a moment. "We can speak more on that subject later."

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaodi

Hero
Frayed nerves had distracted Shendra from noticing 'frayed' clothes but the seer looks down to assess the damage that had been done to Teea's dress. "Oh dear," she intones a bit breathlessly. "I might be able do something about that. Should we retreat to your abode where you could find something else to wear while I work? I suppose you could also visit me in my room at the Tavern if you would prefer. But waiting may be a bit," she inhales, "...dull."

G

Guest 11456

“Come to the Creekside Tavern and Inn this evening.” The elf then turns and leaves.

Shayuri

First Post
"Yokai," Mei Ying said softly. "The town has not been giving proper offerings. We should make arrangements to go, or we may suffer it's wrath as well."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Michael patted Teea reassuringly on her arm. "No one was hurt, and that's the important thing. Unlike a life, a dress can be replaced."

He then looked at Mei Ying and asked in response, "Who knows what that creature was? I hear the undead come in many different forms. Perhaps we should seek the advice of a priest, or one of the elders in town. I would work up an appetite before dinner, and I need to do something about this new nervous energy I'm feeling."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
The elf then turns and leaves.

Teea, still clinging to Michael, blinked at that... and then stamped her tiny foot, various emotions flitting across her features...

Michael patted Teea reassuringly on her arm. "No one was hurt, and that's the important thing. Unlike a life, a dress can be replaced."
That earned him a sudden, upward-pointed glare, nascent tears pearling at the edges.

As if the dress was the important part!

When it came time to discuss the ghost himself:

"It said 'My cove'," Teea whispered low... She slowly tightened her grip on her uncle's arm.

Last edited:

Remove ads