[IC] Return of the Runelords

G

Guest 11456

The old woman smiles. "Trouble!? I have heard of no trouble. No I am just fine out here. Kolton, that nice young man, checks on me every once in a while." Then she sees the dwarf on the horse. "Sorry, you will have to leave that animal on this side of the river. As you can see my barge is much to small for a beast so large. But it will be able to carry myself and the five of you I believe."

Last edited by a moderator:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"You would leave this worthy steed on the wrong side? And you can take all the rest? Imagine how it feels to be so singled out." The dwarf pats ponys neck. "You go and take the rest over and then return for the two of us, alright? You get two fares instead of one. But we don't leave our own behind."

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

She shakes her head. "It is not that I am leaving anyone behind by choice. It is simply a question of weight and weight and weight distribution. My barge cannot accommodate your beast. It is not made to carry such an animal."

Neurotic

"Can it swimm next to the barge? It is not too wide here and it should help if she can lean on the barge so not to get pushed by the current?"

OOC: @Tailspinner, how difficult would it for unencumbered horse to swim over? Also, if needed, summon natures ally has medium dolphin that can help :) or Drath himself with monkey fish, but he obviously would prefer aquatic creature :)

G

Guest 11456

She thinks for a moment and then nods her head. "Yes. I believe your beast can make it across. The current here is not bad. It can make it without too much of an effort. I would probably remove everything from it so that can cross unencumbered." Then she pauses for a moment. "What are you planning on doing that you need such an animal over there?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Neurotic

"Thank you. What do you mean what I plan to do? I plan to ride her. I'm old, these kids are young." Drath says good-naturedly. He unloads Night and calls her into the water, holding the reins.
"Come on, girl, you'll get a good meal of oats on the other side. Come on."

Kaodi

Hero
Shendra says a few encouraging words to their equine companion - bolstered, of course, with divine magic.

OOC: Casting guidance repeatedly to help with those swim checks - whether real or assumed.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
She thinks for a moment and then nods her head. "Yes. I believe your beast can make it across. The current here is not bad. It can make it without too much of an effort. I would probably remove everything from it so that can cross unencumbered." Then she pauses for a moment. "What are you planning on doing that you need such an animal over there?"

"Ma'am, it's an expensive beast and we would rather not leave it back in town in these trying times," Michael says in way of answer. "Thank you for understanding."

Remove ads