[IC] Return of the Runelords

G

Guest 11456

The woman nods as she slowly makes her way to the barge. "Well! I am Hallen Rosker and it will be 4 coppers for a trip across the river."

Scotley

Hero
Teodor pays the copper coins happily and smiles at Shendra. "I was all too willing to pay the gold crowns," he says sheepishly. He turns to the dwarf. "Can I give you a hand unloading the pony?"

G

Guest 11456

After Teodor pays the four coppers and then Michael tries to as well, Hallen speaks up. "No! Just the four for the trip. Not four per person." She smiles and allows all to load and she begins the trip across the river with the pony following closely.

G

Guest 11456

The trip across the river is about 10 minutes and before you know it you are unloading on the other side. Just as you get the pony up out of the water, you hear Hallen curse under her breath. Turning your attention toward the south you see a lanky woman casually flipping a coin in one hand step out of the woods with four smiling men. "Roadkeepers," Hallen says under her breath. "Just give them what they ask for and they'll let you on your way. That one who's flipping the coin is Lullaby Vancaskerkin. She’s a piece of work—you’d best not be giving her a reason to get angry." Lullaby steps forward and nods to Hallen. The old woman replies with a scowl and a rude gesture. She prepares for the trip back across the river. As she starts to leave she repeats her warning. "Just pay up and there won’t be trouble." Then Lullaby addresses your group. "Welcome to the scenic Churlwood. As you are no doubt aware it takes time and money to patrol this dangerous forest and to keep its trails nicely pruned and free from clutter." As her smirking companions step forward between her and you, Lullaby says "Although it pains me to ask for 'charity,' I’d appreciate a 'donation' of 10 gold from each of you." Hallen gasps at the amount asked for by Lullaby. Teodor realizes that that amount is 20 times the amount the Roadkeepers typically charge.

OOC: Map

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Michael turns his back to the highwaymen for a moment and whispers to him, "Take a look at the nearby woods and tell me if you see anymore of them."

He then turns back towards the robbers and approaches the group. "And on whose authority do you collect these tolls? I don't recall you being on the payroll of Roderic's Cove. Besides, it looks like we outmatch the lot of you. I would suggest you would be better off paying us for your protection." He says the last point while tapping his sword and staring down the man in front of him.

OOC:
Intimidate Check was 13. Should be 14. Forgot to make it a +2 roll.

Map: ditzie

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
The druid dries out the pony quickly, surreptitiously looking around.
As druid leaves the horse and dwarven envoy joins Michael up front he whispers "I don't see any others."

"You are to be commended for taking such a thankless job, good lady, gentlemen."
He nods to the group "Unfortunately, we're bound in the similar circumstance, saving Rodericks Cove and going about Janderhoff business. You wouldn't want dwaves to track you down because an elder needed to pay a toll, right? You know dwarves and their gold..."

OOC: I'll adjust the text depending on the perception result :)

Perception; Diplomacy: 1D20+11 = [8]+11 = 19; 1D20+7 = [8]+7 = 15 two 8s...random :)
Diplomacy as aid to intimidate since I'm late for pure diplomacy

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

Drath sees no others hiding in the woods. Lullaby and the four men seem to hesitate. Roll for initiative and post actions for round 1.

OOC: Map

Remove ads