[IC] Return of the Runelords

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: new map under Actions

Drath retreats away from the aggressive bandits waiting to see what they do.

He speaks in a crackling voice of fire. One weapon glows red and the bandit yelps dropping it, his hand badly burned.

Init: 1D20+1 = [4]+1 = 5 - not fast as usual

Action:
5' step behind Michael

Standard action:
Burning disarm Ref DC 16: 3D4 = [2, 4, 3] = 9 - standing on the ground and using place magic for +2 to caster level
Drop the weapon - take damage if save not made
If the weapon cannot be dropped (gauntlet, locked weapon) then no save

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Michael doesn't wait for the robbers to get their courage back, but instead he acts while they are still surprised at his response. "Time to clean up these roads! Let me show you dogs how we used to treat your kind back in the Magnimar Guard!"

OOC: Pulling out his sword and attacking Roadkeeper 1.

Init: 26
Attack: 10
Damage: 13

Kaodi

Hero
Shendra takes a small but weighty step forward, fluttering her eyes slightly at the assembled bandits before her mesmerizing gaze locks with that of Lullaby. "Surely this is all just an unfortunate misunderstanding?" she offers, her voice buttery smooth. "This is a dangerous time, maybe protection fees have gone up, but either you have made a small slip of the tongue and misspoke the amount or perhaps you were just about to say why you have chosen us for this new rate - and on who's behalf."

Diplomacy: 1D20+11 = [19]+11 = 30
Initiative: 1D20+2 = [15]+2 = 17

G

Guest 11456

Michael swings his sword at Roadkeeper 1 and misses. Next Roadkeeper 3 swings his sap at Drath, hitting the dwarf for 2 points of nonlethal damage. Next Michelle casts a spell and the four Roadkeepers drop to the ground snoring. Next Teodor throws a dagger at Roadkeeper 2 and hits for 7 damage. This does not seem to wake him up. Next Shendra pleads her case. Something is different about Lullaby and she speaks up. "Perhaps we should let these people alone and go somewhere else." Drath moves to behind Michael. What do you do now. Lullaby no longer seems threatening.

OOC: Map
Initiative:
26 Michael
21 Roadkeeper3
21 Michelle
19 Teodor
17 Shendra
13 Lullaby
05 Drath

Last edited by a moderator:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"There, child, is this really what you want out of life? To find someone tougher to beat you into submission. How about you tell us who put you out to do this and we plead for mercy for you?"

Drath feels about the place where the bandit hit him and shrugs. "We should probably bind them before they wake. Good work lass." he nods to Michelle and focuses on his connection to the earth feeling the surrounding area for corrupting influence of the runelords.

OOC: Standard action: Spirit sense: detect the presence of undead; fey; outsiders; and astral, ethereal, or incorporeal creatures. This ability functions like detect undead, and the druid detects all of these creatures rather than trying to detect one kind.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Michael nods at Drath while he cuts some cloth from the clothes of the sleeping men and binds Lullaby's arms before moving to tie up the men. "I think we need to get them to the local magistrate for questioning and sentencing. What say you, Lullaby? Are you their leader or were you made by someone else to get into this life of banditry?"

G

Guest 11456

While Michael binds Lullaby and the four men, Drath tries to sense things but finds none. Lullaby does not respond to Michael's question.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Michael towers over Lullaby and says, "Alright sunshine, when we take you to speak with the law around here you'll wish you had a friend. See, the law isn't going to take kindly to your robberies and are likely just to hang the lot of you. Now your buddies out there are going to wonder whether or not you squealed on the lot of them, so you're probably dead meat since you got caught. I can say a good word or two for you on your behalf if you cooperate. Otherwise, you can hang and I'll get what I want out of your sleeping buddies over there. So what's it going to be?"

Intimidate: 14

Remove ads