[IC] Return of the Runelords

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"We shouldn't make a frontal assault unless we know more about their defenses. Why don't we scout around and see if we can't find their second in command? If goblins could be reasoned with, I'd propose negotiating with them, but they are usually too violent and unpredictable." Michael says. "Who here is good at scouting?"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Poe can follow whoever goes." Drath offers. "I can prepare talk with animals tomorrow. He could go alone. But tomorrow."

Kaodi

Hero
"I must agree with Michael that we take a more circuitous route," says the seer as she scans their woodsy surroundings. "We are not up against thoughtless beasts anymore - a frontal assault combined with untimely reinforcements could get us killed. And I would rather prefer to stay alive," adding this time silently to herself. Her free hand falls to her side where she grabs her hanging waterskin, lifting it up to her mouth to take a swig. "Why not take a quick look at this 'Vindictive Traveller', whatever it is, and then, as has been suggested, we track down this Dolland fellow?"

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Alright Teodor, take point. About 60 feet ahead should work. Let's see if we can find this Vindictive Traveller, and if we get lucky and can reduce more of the bandit population around here, all the better." Michael thanks Hallen and follows behind Teodor.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Go ahead, I'll keep Night furher back. Snow will lead you and Poe will track your progress from the air. Snow, track the brigands."
Drath presents the rope used to bind the bandits for the dog to sniff at.

G

Guest 11456

Teodor heads south with the others behind. You follow a network of trails that aren’t quite roads. Finally you come upon a strange site. The borders of this clearing are unusual in that they are well-tended, clear of brush, and strewn with gravel to form a circular road of sorts. A single dead oak tree looms at the center of the clearing, and something silver sparkles from one of the lower branches—what appears to be an amulet hangs there. The mutilated bodies of three recently slain people wearing the armor of the town watch from Roderic’s Cove lie near the tree’s roots.

Kaodi

Hero
The seer looks suspiciously about the clearing. This was not what she had been expecting. Silently she raises her free hand and wiggles it around briefly before pointing at the amulet and then giving a similarly pointed questioning look to her companions.

Scotley

Hero
Teodor stops at the edge of the clearing staying well clear of the tree. "Um, I hope this doesn't sound too much like the boogy man, but I have heard tale of killer trees." He draws his blades and adds, "Just in case I'll circle around and make sure our Vindictive Traveller isn't just hiding behind the tree." He carefully starts working his way around the outside of the clearing looking for trouble. He also tries to see what sort of wounds the guards have.

OOC:

Perception: 1D20+7 = [9]+7 = 16

Remove ads