[IC] Return of the Runelords

Kaodi

Hero
Shendra pauses and retracts her hand, eyes narrowing ever so slightly. "Better your bird than me, I suppose," she says stiffly.

Kaodi

Hero
"I have to get uncomfortably close to use my magic," says the oracle. "So keep your eyes open for an ambush. I would rather not be perforated over a trinket." And with that Shendra makes a motion in the air, this time not feigned, and cautiously advances to a point where she can attempt to grab the necklace with her eldritch reach.

Perception: 1D20+6 = [12]+6 = 18

OOC: I was also expecting a possible helping of murder tree so I was just trying to be cute with Shendra trying to communicate the question, 'Should I risk trying to grab it with my magic?' without actually saying it out loud in case there are enemies about. The reach of mage hand is 30 feet in any case.

G

Guest 11456

Shendra attempts her orison. The spell does not seem to work on the object.

OOC: Map

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaodi

Hero
"That is certainly curious," intones the seer as makes another motion in the air. As her senses were enhanced to detect the presence of magical energies she concentrated on the scene in front of here.

G

Guest 11456

Shendra casts another orison. Indeed as she focuses on the amulet it radiates as magical. Concentrating longer she determines that it is faint aura and that it is from the abjuration school.

OOC: I rolled your spellcraft for you.

Kaodi

Hero
"Some kind of protective magic has been placed upon the amulet, though I cannot tell whether it is an enchantment for the wearer or just something to anchor it to the tree," says the seer. "This all seems a bit elaborate though for this not to be a trap. Perhaps Poe will have to chance retrieval after all."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Can someone summon a disposable creature instead. I would hate for something bad to happen to Poe," Michael says as he tries to see what he can about the state of the bodies from the distance he is standing at.

Remove ads