[IC] Return of the Runelords

Scotley

Hero
Teodor sighs with relief that only the pony was hurt. He cleans his blades and slips them into their sheaths. "Anybody know what that thing is? Or was?"

G

Guest 11456

Shendra thinks but cannot recall anything about the thing. Michelle looks at the thing and speaks up, "It is a trailgaunt." Then as if realizing something she looks at the three dead men. "Those men could rise as trailgaunts themselves. We need to see that they are buried correctly to keep this from happening." Looking at the road around the clearing. "They will not rise as long as they are here. So if we leave them for now all will be well." She looks to the others for their input.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Undead usually don't get up if you chop off their heads." Drath doesn't stop binding Night, but listens to the chatter

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Well that was unpleasant. How's the pony?" Michael asks while he checks on the fallen soldiers.

OOC: Any clue on what the creature was and who the armored men might have been near the tree?

G

Guest 11456

The pony is stable at -6 hit points. Michelle identified the creature as a trailgaunt. The men are probably the missing guards that you were looking for for the Port Governor.

Scotley

Hero
Teodor consider and says, "Well I hate to be the barer of bad news, but at least we can report we have slain the trail guant. We could bury the bodies and mark the spot so their families could get them later. " He looks about for available material. "Perhaps at least we could cover them with a bower of dead wood or make a cairn?"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Well that was unpleasant. How's the pony?" Michael asks while he checks on the fallen soldiers.
"Stable. I will heal her in the morning. Unless one of you can get her on her hooves, I cannot move before tomorrow. Maybe sending her against such opponent wasn't the smartest thing to do. She's still not fully trained."

Dwarf looks dejectedly at the animal. "My fault, thinking the thing would collapse under the weight. She didn't even mark the creature. It must be some magic inherent in its undead state."

Kaodi

Hero
"We cannot very well leave her here like this," notes the seer. Shendra carefully lays her spear on the ground then kneels down beside the injured pony. She puts her hands out just above the rent flesh then speaks some mystical words as warm positive energy gathers in them. Without stopping she lowers her hands down and as they are about to contact the beast's flank flesh begins to mend, and when she gently touches its side there is whole but tender flesh. "There, there," she whispers as she moves one hand to gently stroke the pony's neck. "You will be feeling better in no time." The seer then slowly gets to her feet and retrieves her spear.

Cure Light Wounds: 1D8+2 = [8]+2 = 10

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases