D&D 5E (IC) Rise of the Dracolich

gargoyleking

Adventurer
The screeches were receding, Mord stumbled out of the darkness, looking about. He looked worse for wear, worse than he'd ever been before. And he seemed to be angry about it.

"I need a chance to rest. And, create new bodyguards..." He looked about in disgust at the strewn kobold corpses, considering their equipment.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Kalorn spat blood on the ground, then closed his eyes, concentrating for a moment. He grimaced, but stood a bit straighter and said "well that was a mess wasn't it. Still, we're all alive. I'm nearly spent, and so are a few of you I suspect.

We can either hole up in a a defensive position and regain some strength, or send a messenger to our would be contact - we know where she is. Who knows what the kobolds will do with a bit of time - or the villagers above. "

(OOC: Kalorn uses fiendish vigor to gain 7 temp hp)

[sblock=minisheet]Kalorn of Mulmaster, the cursed sell-sword (Fighter(eldrich knight) 3/Warlock(hexblade) 5; alt-human, soldier)
HP: 38/63, Hit dice: 8/8
Temp HP: 7/7
AC: 16 Temp AC:
Passive Perception 15
Saves: Str: +5, Dex: -1, Con: +5, Int: +0 , Wis: +2, Cha: +3
Warlock slots remaining = 1/2. EK slots remaining = 2/2
Action surge = 1/1. Second wind = 0/1, hexblade curse = 0/1
Potions of healing remaining: 6[/sblock]

Last edited:

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
As he cleaned the Nail (it would have been nice had he been able to prepare the giant slayer!) he added "Still... 3 trolls and a hord of kobold? Well done."

He added under his breath "let's hope the dragon is not about to show up"

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Sesto catches his breath while the remaining kobolds runs away.
“Yes, Kalorn, we achieved a great victory”, Sesto agreed, “but it came at a great cost. Look, Mord is on his knees and Loklafd is bleeding badly from many cuts.”
Sesto waved Loklafd closer. “Gather up. I will patch up both of you.” And with those words he raised his shield and presented the emblem of Lathander. Healing energy swirled out and wrapped around Mord and Loklafd. Bleeding cuts closed and burn-marks faded.
Sesto felt exhausted. It was always tiresome to channel Lathander’s divinity into healing but everyone should be able to continue a little longer, for now, at least.
“We should continue. Those Kobolds are probably getting reinforcements as we speak. Let’s find this wizard.”

OOC: Sesto uses Channel Divinety (Preserve Life) to bring Mord and Loklafd up to half their max HP. There is 40 HP to share (5 times character level). Everyone else should already be at or above their max HP. If not, there are still a few HP to go around.

Last edited:

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Sesto catches his breath while the remaining kobolds runs away.
“Yes, Kalorn, we achieved a great victory”, Sesto agreed, “but it came at a great cost. Look, Mord is on his knees and Loklafd is bleeding badly from many cuts.”
Sesto waved Loklafd closer. “Gather up. I will patch up both of you.” And with those words he raised his shield and presented the emblem of Lathander. Healing energy swirled out and wrapped around Mord and Loklafd. Bleeding cuts closed and burn-marks faded.
Sesto felt exhausted. It was always tiresome to channel Lathander’s divinity into healing but everyone should be able to continue a little longer, for now, at least.
“We should continue. Those Kobolds are probably getting reinforcements as we speak. Let’s find this wizard.”

OOC: Sesto uses Channel Divinety (Preserve Life) to bring Mord and Loklafd up to half their max HP. Their is 40 HP to share (5 times character level). Everyone else should already be at or above their max HP. If not, there are still a few HP to go around.

OOC: Kalorn is above half, but still down 25 HP, not sure what that means for your spell/power...

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
OOC:

End Round Five; Begin Round Six

[sblock=Party (PCs)]
Name * (Position) * AC * HP * Notes
Primus
(T19) PP19 AC11(16) HP 29/59 HD 7/8
Alhana (T16) PP14* AC17 HP 68/68 HD 8/8
Mord (W17) PP11* AC14 HP 4/51 HD 5/8
Lorenn (S18) PP14* AC17(20) HP 17(27?)/54 HD 6/8
Sesto (R17) PP15 AC18* HP 36(46?)/59 HD 5/8
Kalorn (S19) PP15 AC16(21)* HP 38(48?)/63 HD 8/8
[/sblock]
[sblock=Allies (NPCs)]
*Eko (XX) PP13 AC11 HP 0/1 (Burnt)
Loklafd (S17) PP12 AC14 HP 18/58 HD 7/9
Sooty (U20) PP11** AC12 HP 1/1
[/sblock]

Only Alhana is at full health. The rest are at or above max HP. Sesto has 3x lvl 1 spell slots left, 1x lvl 3 and 1x lvl 4.
What is the best strategy? Maybe heal all frontline fighters first?
Best use of resources would possibly be that Sesto casts Beacon of Hope so that everyone regains the max number of HP from any healing, including healing potions.
Lvl 1 Cure wound: 1d8+5+3 (disciple of life)
I can use the first level spells to heal frontline fighters and I can drink a potion or two.
Is Primus a frontline fighter?

Last edited:

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
OOC: The problem is that we only have one front line tank - Kalorn - and he wasn't designed as a solo front line fighter. So that means that Sesto and Lorenn have to fill in the gap :/

Damn [MENTION=6899077]EarlyBird[/MENTION] leaving was a loss to the community :(

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mord accepted the healing although he scowled slightly at Sesto's insistence on continuing forward.

"If we must, though I cannot cast any more large spells until we do rest. Give me 20 minutes though, and we can at least have some chaff to throw into our enemies faces. Also, considering past experiences with this cult, it may be advisable to destroy the bodies that I don't use now."

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
"We now where the wizard is, my familiar spotted her."

(ooc: player isn't 100% sure how we obtained the info, but we definitely did)

I suppose we could send her a note? Or perhaps send a scout ahead to talk to her. Perhaps this time we can do so without waking up the entire complex...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases