D&D 5E (IC) Rise of the Dracolich

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mord took one glance at Sesto prancing around in glee at the creation of a few zombies, Mord smirked. He quickly schooled his features though, and continued about his business as usual. Mord was far more utilitarian in his command of the undead, focussing purely on necessity and the occasional utility of the creatures.

Now, as they came upon the sick man, he left the two skeletons behind to guard the passageway as they pondered the situation. "Let us move on, I see no use in worrying about this one."

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
"He may carry some plague... or raise the alarm". He tossed the man one of his rations - sometimes a touch of compassion could reap rewards, and he didn't felt inclined to kill him.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The man look dubiously at Kalorn's ration - strange southern food, used as he was to fish and seal fats, but he understood the offer to be a friendly one. He cooperated as Sesto got him to sit up, and the cleric looked him over. He had an infection from a small wound that had been rubbed in a fish-fat salve. Whether the salve was helping, or had caused the infection in the first place, was hard for Sesto to tell, but the cleric knew methods to treat the wound that he felt would better serve.

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Sesto treated the man as best as he could under the current circumstances, cleansed the wound and then dressed it with a strip of material.
Who are you, he asked the sick man, how did you get this wound? And why, by the mercy of Lathander, why are you down here???

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Loklafd translated to Ulik for Sesto, and the man replied in that language, "I am Mend-nets, I was scratched by a razor-fish while fishing for fatfish. While recovering, I got the fever, so they put me down here with the evil monsters to keep the village safe. It is standard practice. Though, I think if I were not sick, then the trolls would have eaten me. Who are you, and why do you travel the ice caves? I think I heard you fighting the trolls. Are you enemies to those monsters?"

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mord shrugged as Sesto went to the man. He hadn't really expected any different and now looked around the rest of the chamber, had this been the trolls lair? Perhaps they had squirreled away something of value?

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Kalorn's brows furrowed. It would be hard to hide the trolls' fate. Better admit it and put a spin on it.

"The trolls were put down with fire and blade. They will trouble you no further. We are not here for the Trolls - we seek someone, and will gladly negotiate with anyone to reach our goals. But those who oppose us... " He tapped his hilt meaningfully.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Mend-nets nodded respectfully to Kalorn and thanked Sesto for his care. The cleric was sure that the ice-hunter would now recover from his afliction, but it would take time. Before laying back down, he said, "I have no love for the monsters. Living so close to a dragon once had its uses, but no longer. Chief is pressed to make poorer and poorer rulings to stop us from being punished. You do what you must."

He then collapsed in a fit of coughing and shivering. Sesto tucked skin blankets around him and the group made to continue on.

Mord had been checking the chamber. Aside from the rope-and-pulley chute that the villagers used to bring things up and down from the town hall, and the most basic things that their quarantined man would need to survive (not enough to actuslly survive in Mord's estimation) there was nothing intetesting. The trolls must lair elsewhere.

The group continued down the circular tunnel until they came to a wide side-tunnel guarded by two ice Toads holding rudimentary polearms. The toads had been sitting with their bellies on the ground and looked like very large white-blue toads, but as the group approached they stood and brandished their weapons, and they wore a kind of armour that protected their front.

They croaked in unison and Lorenn's spell told him that they said, "Back away, strangers! You are not welcome here."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases