D&D 5E (IC) Rise of the Dracolich

tglassy

Adventurer
Primus holds his hand to his temple for a moment, casting his thoughts out into the Noosphere, the semi plain of thought that all thoughts looked into once they left a person’s mind. He searched for the Draconic Language, and found it easily enough. Many ancient creatures speak it, after all.

He filled himself with the knowledge of Draconic, then opened his eyes and stepped forward.

“I speak Draconic,” he said. He could have just used telepathy to talk to the Queen, as that transcends language, but he didn’t want to risk setting them off. “Tell me what to ask, and I’ll ask it.”

He gives the Queen a greeting in Draconic.

OOC: Apparently, when I change my Focus to Nomadic Mind, I can pick any language and learn it until I focus on something else. So...Bonus Action to change my Focus to Nomadic Mind and learn Draconic.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mord starts slightly as Primus steps in. He wasn't really expecting to hear from him, but then he relaxes and nods.

He glances back to the queen and contemplates for a moment, looking to the wall as well.

"She is interested in recording the history of this place, I believe that is the gist of what Loklafd said. Ask if she would like to hear our tale thus far, and once we have completed our mission. So that she can record it for posterity. This in trade for offering us a guarded place in which we can rest for a bit. Probabbly more than once. Offer her a grand tale, and freedom from the tyranny of this dragon should we succeed."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Sesto had been unable to understand any off the toad's strange scratching, though it appeared to him to be a lot of recorded information. When he spoke the language of the trolls to the toad queen, she replied to him in that tongue, "I speak small of it, but no like to. Trolls be brutes. Unworthy of talks. Know nothing of ice."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
When Primus stepped forward and Mord instructed him on what to say, she replied, first to the greeting and then to the rest, "Thou art welcome here, if thou meanest no danger to myself nor my kin. Though but humble toads we may be, our ambition is unmatched. As I yearned to explain to thine ice-hunter guide, We record for posterity the shapes, sizes, locations, and seasonal changes of the Ice formations that surround us all. Indeed, we make note of the comings and goings of outsiders, the arrivals of thine ships and their wrecks, and much else besides. We would be overjoyed to hear thy tale."

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mord smiled congenially as Pyrus translated the speech back to him. "In that case, shall we sit for some time that we might tell you our story and what we have witnessed of the ice? I can even show you images of some of what we have witnessed, should that strike please your highness."

To speed things along, I'll assume that she agrees to this. Mord will tell the story through Primus while, if and only if it's allowed, using Minor image to create scenes in miniature of some of the things he himself has witnessed. Especially the ice berg and the battle with the wights and giant skelly. And also, the current state of the ship and village (including dining hall), and the ship they came on. He also takes requests, so long as responding to them doesn't interfere with the rest period. Also, I'd like to take this opportunity to learn about anything they might know about our missing wizard, horn and the dragon that they might be willing to tell us about.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Kalorn smiled to the group - he wasn't sure what was being said, but he could tell that the tone had turned friendlier. Sill, he kept Sooty watching the rear. You never could be too careful.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Alhana's mind wandered as Primus told the tale of their journey to the toad queen. She found herself listening to the rhythmic sounds of the toad workers in the chamber above as they scratched and chiseled at the Ice. She noticed that she could sense a vast deep creaking from the berg itself - even with it's enormous size the berg shifted regularly. As Primus tale wound towards it's end, with More and Lorenn adding comments and the toad queen asking questions, Alhana noticed a new sound echoing from the chamber above. It was far away and had not yet disturbed anyone else, but the worker toads had stopped and were speaking rapidly in high-pitchhed croaks to someone who yelled in a deep raspy rumble.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
"I'm on it" answered Kalorn, nodding back sharply. He hadn't been paying attention! He mentally ordered Sooty to go see what was going on. "Let us hope it's not the wyrm".

Edit: He hoped it wasn't the dragon... but he felt a little more confident than earlier. The eldritch strength from the demon leg waned quickly, but so it returned too. Plus he always seemed to heal quickly - perhaps an after effect of all these trolls he had killed? He locked eyes with Mord - he hoped that he too regained his powers quickly. Sesto... he remembered his training, he knew that priests, like wizards, needed to sleep overnight. Primus? Who knew! Had Lorenn kept anthing in reserve? He gritted his teeth.

OOC: spend 1 hit dice healing:
hitdice healing while talking to toad people: 1D8+2 = [8]+2 = 10

Kalorn of Mulmaster, the cursed sell-sword (Fighter(eldrich knight) 3/Warlock(hexblade) 5; alt-human, soldier)
HP: 63/63, Hit dice: 3/3 fighter, 4/5 warlock
Temp HP: 7/7
AC: 16 Temp AC:
Passive Perception 15
Saves: Str: +5, Dex: -1, Con: +5,2Int: +0 , Wis: +2, Cha: +3
Warlock slots remaining = 1/2. EK slots remaining = 2/2
Action surge = 1/1. Second wind = 1/1, hexblade curse = 1/1
Potions of healing remaining: 6

Last edited:

Remove ads