D&D 5E [IC] THE CURSE OF AMBERSTAR

Archon Basileus

First Post
SAND-FLEA WARRIORS

[sblock]
The barbarians of Sethmandu are famous for their resillience - and impulsiveness.

ATTACK BONUS: +6
DMG: Curved greatsword (2D6+4)
AC: 17
HP: 112
SAVE THROW: +3

ZANGA: 112/17
ISOBEL:112/90

SPECIAL: Extra attack; reckless attack (advantage on all-out attack)

[/sblock]

FAIRWALKER MAGEHUNTER (RIP)

[sblock]

A hybrid of warrior and abjurator, the hunter protects it's fellow fairwalkers from magic threats. A necessary addition if you want to face the Wallis Consortium of Mages.

ATTACK: +3
DMG: longsword (1D8+3)
AC: 13
HP: 34/0
SPECIAL: casts arcane ward, counterspell and dispel magic, among others

[/sblock]

FAIRWALKER SPY

[sblock]
Resourceful units, they gather information for the fairwalkers, offering support on field missions. Beware of their strange devices!

ATTACK: +7/+3
DMG: sling (1d4+4); thrown weapons (1d4+1)
AC: 16
HP: 28/1

SPECIAL: smoke bombs, poison cloud, poisoned weapons, flash bombs, among others.

[/sblock]

Zanga bleeds, but he's still lucid. He keeps fighting, his rage incresing step by step. Isobel continues to dodge and calculate her moves, despite her bruises.

Behind, the weakened Aspen throws down a second salve of bombs. These, though, are heavier, and aimed at the area right in front of her. A second cloud rises, and her silhouette can be vaguely seen running from the battlefield and towards the road!

As for Atir, he manages to drag himself away from the fires that gradually engulf the cart, his hands empty, unarmed. On the other side, Dvalin manages to obtain control of his horse, conducting him a few steps further into the road, and readying himself to galop down!

[Ok, Lyllie and Icosa, and then to the third round!]

@hafrogman @Greenmtn @industrygothica @Charwoman Gene @JustinCase @Shayuri

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Can Icosa reach a position where he has a clear line of sight/effect to Aspen? He can move 30' and if necessary Misty Step another 30' and still have an action)

Shayuri

First Post
Icosa breaks into a quicker gait, plunging into the smoke and through it until he can see the fleeing spy. The device on his shoulder whirrs and swivels to track her progress. A moment later it's again shattering the night with brilliant projectiles! The first catches her squarely in the back, and the detonation momentarily obscures her from view amidst dust and debris. The second blast sails through that and explodes against the ground somewhere in front of her.

Icosa pauses for a moment to verify the kill before turning his attention to the remaining warriors.

Eldritch blasts: 1D20+8 = [20]+8 = 28
1D10+4 = [9]+4 = 13
1D20+8 = [7]+8 = 15
1D10+4 = [1]+4 = 5

Crit damage on first shot: [roll0]

OOC - Temptation to take the Invisibility spell...rising...

industrygothica

Adventurer
Lyllie spots Dvalin attempt to leave again, and calls upon nature to hold him fast.

OOC: Move to O9.
Action: Cast entangle at F1:I4. That range is difficult terrain for up to 1 minute, as long as Lyllie maintains concentration. Dvalin and his horse each need to make a DC 13 Strength save for be restrained. At least I think they both have to save...

Code:
[B]AC:[/B] 16; [B]HP:[/B] [COLOR=#FF000]52[/COLOR]/52
[B]Initiative:[/B] +3
[B]Saves:[/B] INT +7, WIS +5
[B]Passive Perception:[/B] 15
[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Gnomish, Sylvan, Druidic
[B]Skills:[/B] Arcana +7, Investigation +7, Nature +7, Perception +5
[B]Stats:[/B] Str 8 (-1), Dex 14 (+2) , Con 14 (+2), Int 18 (+4), Wis 14 (+2), Cha 11 (+0)
[B]XP:[/B]14,075 / 23,000

-[B]Inspiration[/B]? [[COLOR=#FF0000]X[/COLOR]] Yes, [ ] No

[B]Spell Save DC:[/B] 13/15
[B]Spell Slots:[/B] 4, 4, 3, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
[B]Slots Used:[/B] 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
[B]Spells Prepared:[/B] (4/8) 
[list]
[*]1st Level: 1st Level: Healing Word (D), Entangle (D), Faerie Fire (D), Speak with Animals (D), Ray of Sickness, Color Spray, 
Mage Armor, Witch Bolt, False Life
[*]2nd Level: Blindness/Deafness, Ray of Enfeeblement, Misty Step
[/list](D) Druid Spells modified with Wisdom. All others are Wizard spells modified with Intelligence.

[B]Rituals[/B]
Tenser's Floating Disk, Find Familiar, Identify, Gentle Repose

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harfik Human Monk

Feeling that the time to end this is getting close and being concerned about the sword swinging at his head Harfik decides it is time to press Isabel harder. "Know that you started this." He says as he begins a lightening fast combination of attacks.

OOC:
All four attacks going for Isabel, you mentioned her dodging, I'm not sure if it's flavor text or her action so I'm going to put 2 rolls per attack just in case I'm at disadvantage but I'm going to describe things all based on the first roll. We can correct it later if needed.

Attack 1 [roll0] 2nd roll [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Attack 2 [roll3] 2nd roll [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

Flurry of blows (1 Ki, Ki remaining =4)
Attack 3 [roll6] 2nd roll [roll7]
Damage [roll8]
Attack 4 [roll9] 2nd roll [roll10]
Damage [roll11]

Double checked the rolls before I submitted, not sure why they didn't work all the code was right. I'm going to switch to coyote code. It doesn't seem like people have trouble with that at all and I'm obviously having issues with the on forum roller. Let me know if I have disadvantage or not and I'll do a post with rolls from coyote code. Sorry to take up the space in the thread.

Coyote Roll Update:
Attacks
Attacking Isabel w/ Flury of blows: 1D20+6 = [1]+6 = 7
1D20+6 = [16]+6 = 22
1D20+6 = [11]+6 = 17
1D20+6 = [12]+6 = 18

Damage:
Damage on Isabel: 1D6+3 = [2]+3 = 5
1D6+3 = [3]+3 = 6
1D6+3 = [1]+3 = 4

Total damage - 15

Harfik's spear thrusts out quickly missing her head the first time but the second thrust cuts into her side as she doesn't quite get out of the way quick enough. As she winces he takes the opening as opportunity to press harder. His spear hand already being the closest weapon to her he drops the spear and follows through with a horizontal elbow to the jaw, dropping his body to put his full weight behind it before reversing his momentum and catching her with an uppercut to the ribs.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Feeling that the time to end this is getting close and being concerned about the sword swinging at his head Harfik decides it is time to press Isabel harder. "Know that you started this." He says as he begins a lightening fast combination of attacks.

OOC:
All four attacks going for Isabel, you mentioned her dodging, I'm not sure if it's flavor text or her action so I'm going to put 2 rolls per attack just in case I'm at disadvantage but I'm going to describe things all based on the first roll. We can correct it later if needed.

Attack 1 [roll0] 2nd roll [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Attack 2 [roll3] 2nd roll [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

Flurry of blows (1 Ki, Ki remaining =4)
Attack 3 [roll6] 2nd roll [roll7]
Damage [roll8]
Attack 4 [roll9] 2nd roll [roll10]
Damage [roll11]

Double checked the rolls before I submitted, not sure why they didn't work all the code was right. I'm going to switch to coyote code. It doesn't seem like people have trouble with that at all and I'm obviously having issues with the on forum roller. Let me know if I have disadvantage or not and I'll do a post with rolls from coyote code. Sorry to take up the space in the thread.

OOC:
It may be just number of rolls - I think 6 (or maybe 8) per post is the maximum?

Archon Basileus

First Post
[Again, sorry for the delay, guys! Crazy week back at work and a sick colleague to complete it. But I'm back at the usual pacing!]

The spy falls down as she tries to run away, a cloud of dust rising from the place of her demise! As the group thins out, Isobel gasps from the attacks delivered to her. Zanga roars in challenge, unwilling to yield!

The barbarians are all alone now, knowing they can't rely on the dwarves to fight. Surrendering to the pressure, both of them rise in a conjoint war cry, a suicidal raging act that many sand-fleas performed before these two. They let rage take over and declare they'll fight to the death, as honor demands!

[The barbarians went berserk, acquiring advantage for the attacks, but loosing corresponding defense!]

As for Dvalin, both him and his horse are taken by the thick branches Lyllie conjures against them! As the beast breaks loose and leaps forward, the desperate dwarf tries to hold on to the mount, but it is in vain! The branches pull him down as the horse jumps and kicks forward, crazed and scared!

SAND-FLEA WARRIORS

[sblock]

The barbarians of Sethmandu are famous for their resillience - and impulsiveness.

ATTACK BONUS: +6
DMG: Curved greatsword (2D6+4)
AC: 17
HP: 112
SAVE THROW: +3

ZANGA: 112/17
ISOBEL:112/75

SPECIAL: Extra attack; reckless attack (advantage on all-out attack)

[/sblock]

FAIRWALKER MAGEHUNTER (R.I.P.)

[sblock]

A hybrid of warrior and abjurator, the hunter protects it's fellow fairwalkers from magic threats. A necessary addition if you want to face the Wallis Consortium of Mages.

ATTACK: +3
DMG: longsword (1D8+3)
AC: 13
HP: 34/0
SPECIAL: casts arcane ward, counterspell and dispel magic, among others

[/sblock]

FAIRWALKER SPY (R.I.P.)

[sblock]

Resourceful units, they gather information for the fairwalkers, offering support on field missions. Beware of their strange devices!

ATTACK: +7/+3
DMG: sling (1d4+4); thrown weapons (1d4+1)
AC: 16
HP: 28/-

SPECIAL: smoke bombs, poison cloud, poisoned weapons, flash bombs, among others.

[/sblock]

Aaaand next round, everyone!

@hafrogman @Greenmtn @industrygothica @Charwoman Gene @JustinCase @Shayuri

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Yttrian takes advantage of the Sand Rat's reckless attacks to snap two shots off into the male, hoping to eliminate yet another combatant. Two bolts sink deep into Zanga's flank as Yttrian's shots find their openings.

OOC: Action: Attack Zanga x2

[roll0] - Hit damage1 - (1d10+5)[15]
[roll1]

[roll2] - Hit damage2 - (1d10+5)[6]
[roll3]

15 + 6 total 21 damage to Zanga.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
As the smoke clears and the spy doesn't get up, Icosa turns to look at the two berserkers. One is cut down by elvish archery. The other looks like she will be a more durable target. However, her reckless combat style will work against her.

Again the darkness is rent by the unearthly shriek and blue-white flashes of Icosa's weapon...or magic...or whatever it is. Both blasts impact on Isobel, throwing sparks and bits of armor and flesh off as they rip across her torso!

Attacks: 27 for 13 force dmg, 28 (crit) for 19 force damage!

EB w/adv: 1D20+8 = [19]+8 = 27
1D20+8 = [1]+8 = 9
1D10+4 = [9]+4 = 13
1D20+8 = [20]+8 = 28
1D20+8 = [9]+8 = 17
1D10+4 = [9]+4 = 13

crit dmg: 1D10+4 = [2]+4 = 6

Remove ads