D&D 5E [IC] THE CURSE OF AMBERSTAR

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: 10 acid damage even without advantage. Another roll for possible crit [roll0]

"Tink! Grab the Wolf and drop!"
Ooc: taking the Wolf over the shoulders and spreading all limbs across the shaft should cause terrible screeching, but be quick semi-controlled jump.

Archon Basileus

First Post
EVERYONE

Guns ablazing, the explosions sum up at the dark mass. The acid corrodes a great deal of it, and the dart makes two limbs useless. Laser cuts through the creature, forcing it into a temporary setback!

Tink goes for Lyllie, taking her up and descending through the elevator. He reaches the shaft and drops, just as his master commanded, grabbing the sides and remaining a few feet above the others. The remaining heroes glance upwards as the mass comes frighteningly closer. One misstep and they'll be swallowed!

[The creature drops fifty feet per round; for now, each fifty points of damage will reduce the speed in half; you managed to reduce the descent's speed in half, so far.]

MINIMAP

[sblock]

Each number represents five feet.

1 X (creature)
2 X
3 X
4 X
5 X

7 Thulwar/Soldiers/Embla/Icosa
8 Elevator's roof
9 Elevator

10 Tink/Lyllie
11 Harfik/Aanzu/Captain/Miners
[/sblock]

[Make your bets and remember to calculate your movement! Acrobatics test to descend at full speed, otherwise you'll just go down at climb speed. Creative measures are welcome, considering your predicament! ;) State your actions for your next round, everyone! And don't forget to roll!]

[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION] [MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855102]Greenmtn[/MENTION]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Elevator is on the top floor -1 right? Thus, we can exit the elevator in the place we fought the golems?

Shayuri

First Post
Icosa decends at a resolute pace...not trusting his weight to fancy maneuvers. The strange device on his shoulder aims up, following his gaze to the mass of tentacles, and continuously rains bolts of energy into it!

(Eldritch Blasts, Icosa's acrobatics isn't great...if half speed is fast enough to avoid the mass, he'll do that this round. I also don't have it noted if I've used the daily ability of his pact rod to renew a spell slot yet. I'll need to read back and look at that, because if he still has access to that he can cast Fly.)

[roll0] for [roll1]
[roll2] for [roll3]

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Aanzu stays close to the Teraphim commander and moves down the elevator shaft as quickly as possible. Lacking true ranged weapons - unless he throws his sword, which is very unwise at this time - the dragonborn does not even try to stop the tentacly mess above, instead focusing on moving away. And keeping an eye on the Teraphim. Aanzu does not trust them.

OOC: Acrobatics [roll0]

Archon Basileus

First Post
EVERYONE

Icosa's body mass stalls his movements as he struggles to move through the shafts. Embla and the soldiers look up, while the Teraphim scream commands and reports back and forth.

"We must get out of the shaft!" - the captain's coated voice repeats towards the prince and the others. "It won't stop until it reaches the inhabited levels!"

"I can warn them of the impending danger..." - another soldier screams from the top of the elevator.

"Can your people make it in time?" - as he goes down, he cries towards the heroes. "If we misstep, this thing will get to my people down below, and we're all dead!"

The captain awaits for a decision, glancing at the pavilion that housed the golems and the shaft down below.

[Ok, players' choice! You can go to the side or go down and hope for the best. Any other ideas are clearly welcome, considering the desperation of the Teraphim! The thing will go down 25 feet as usual, unless you damage it! You can get out of its way now - a close call with a DEX save (DC 13), since it's coming down real quick or you can use acrobatics to continue down! Your choice! After you guys make your moves, it's "Cthulhu"s turn, to quote @Greenmtn! If you guys have trouble understanding the graphic I placed, give me a shout!]

MINIMAP

[sblock]
1 X (creature)
2 X (creature)
3 X (creature)
4 X (creature)
5 X (creature)
7 Thulwar/Soldiers/Embla/Icosa
8 Elevator's roof
9 Elevator
10 Tink/Lyllie
11 Harfik/Aanzu/Captain/Miners

Areas marked in red hold free access to the mid-floor, the one that housed the golems. You can keep going down or you can jump towards this floor, for now.
[/sblock]

@Neurotic @Shayuri @industrygothica @Greenmtn @JustinCase

Last edited:

Remove ads