D&D 5E [IC] THE CURSE OF AMBERSTAR

Archon Basileus

First Post
EVERYONE

The sheer conflagration that takes place during a simple gear exchange is enough to freeze the Teraphim in place. Their expressions are nearly unreadable, and the very last ones still masked literally take off their helmets. Their faces glance at the heroes in awe and fear, unable to understand what just happened.

It is Ulisses that paces slowly back into conversation, answering Thulwar with a weak, muffled voice.

"I... I.... I think it'd be great... Emissary."

He approaches the gnome, studying him, top to bottom.

"What would you call... this?" - he points towards the weapon's transformation.

"So... That's why we don't give them semiomantic stuff!" - Sisyphus manifests openly, a smile of surprise and tension upon his face. He seems fascinated.

Ajax simply stares at the trio that just a moment ago was electrocuted.

"Forget that! The name of seven hells happened to you three?"

The Captain grunts an incomprehensible answer and, mumbling, starts to make sense. "I... I think I've heard your thoughts! I've... I've seen the outside! The pits, the fortresses, the crops... And golden sands, and... dragons..." - he shakes his head, clearly overwhelmed by the experience. "I... I am fairly confident these weapons are yours for the taking, Harfik...." - the Captain finishes. "Boy, this is going to be a nightmare to explain!"

Ajax seems to be the only one keeping a leveled head.

"There's nothing to explain, Solon. Sisyphus, get one of the terraforming units working. We gotta move." - with ease, he assumes leadership as the others try to gather their thoughts.

"Yes, I.... I'd call that a bit dangerous." - he motions towards Thulwar. "I think this was one of the possible effects of magic as it crosses divine semiotics..." - he seems frightened, awed and curious at the same time.

The Captain glances at Harfik and the prince, laughing nervously.

"I... Guess I get your point in so many ways, now... That lord of yours... He's more of a prisoner of his own position. And your awareness makes you.... Free." - something seems to change within the Captain. the words seem to resonate within his being, as if they somehow transformed him.

[Ok, [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION], take your time, and when you're ready I'll add your item description and scene! Remember, everyone, the effects are still unstable... Things might change even further in the future, all of you can sense it! You have tapped into the unknown this time!]

Slowly, the Teraphim resume their work. In time, with a vibrant shout of success, both Sisyphus and Hermes manage to put one of the terraforming suits back online. The thing roars with noise and life. Both smile, waving at the seat.

"Volunteers?"

The plan is simple: the group must find a way down, or open a way down with the suit. The Teraphim recommend using the location devices placed on the available armors or on the terraforming suit to find an ideal location. Considering the potential presence of unknown lifeforms - or very well known locations - noise is not very welcome, unless necessary. They leave the details in the heroes' capable hands. Meanwhile, they'll monitor the operation, protect the camp and try to activate the rest of the suits. Comm devices can be used at this distance, but might fail as the heroes go trough the caves.
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION] [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855102]Greenmtn[/MENTION]

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Yar actually...I can give you my old Barbie level, since I still haven't worked out specifically what to take instead of that, lol...)

Icosa holds his arm up quickly to inspect the reconfiguration taking place, then pauses as information begins filtering into his consciousness. There is a brief, almost musical chime that sounds then.

"I am detecting a new device," he reports bemusedly. "Please wait a moment while I load the necessary drivers." After a few seconds Icosa adds, "This process can take a few minutes."

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: You get the item that specifically dislikes you :) and complains about robot not using him to full potential

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Aanzu stands still, taken aback more than expected. The lightning having such an effect on him was unexpected, which must mean the Great Blue Dragon had its Claw in the matter.

The weapon - he now realizes he was a fool to give it away, but the prince trusts Harfik enough to keep it safe - has somehow granted Aanzu a sliver of the Dragon's power. In its great wisdom, it has given the dragonborn some insight in the mind of the Teraphim captain, and for a few moments Aanzu explores the alien memories and thoughts.

Until his attention is drawn to a silent but powerful mind, that of Harfik's. The depth of the man's thoughts and memories surprise Aanzu, and for a few more moments explores these in quiet admiration.

But that means his own thoughts and memories are accessible to Harfik and the captain, as well. Instinctively Aanzu thinks of the most important event in his life so far, his seduction and betrayal by the woman called Ella Ravenblade, who then attempted to assassinate his father, the King. Being banished by his own father, branded Oathbreaker and finding his way here to regain his honor - and make the assassin pay.

"This one is..." he starts, then falters. What is there to say after the intimate mental exchange? Spoken words are clumsy compared to the subtle communications of the mind, and the dragonborn holds his tongue.

Then, when Ajax calls out, ""Forget that! The name of seven hells happened to you three?" he turns to the hotheaded Teraphim and says simply, "The Great Blue Dragon."

Greenmtn

Explorer
Harfik Human Monk

Harfiks amazement at the interaction with the weapons is clear on his face.

Confusion takes over as a flood foreign emotions and thoughts enters his usually calm mind. He looks around at first almost in a panic trying to find out where the voices are coming from. Gradually calming as he pin points the two voices in his mind.

Harfik tries to "think" to Aanzu. Prince Aanzu, Hunt your pray with caution. Remember the Wisdom of the dragon until the time is right to use it's fury. Chasing the snake with too much zeal will only drive it deeper into the bushes.

"Ajax is right, there is nothing to explain as of yet. AND even if there was, we don't have anyone to explain it to. We have time to figure it out. BUT we do not have time to rest longer. It is time to press on."

OOC:
Intelligence: [roll0] to try to establish a base knowledge of these weapons and what just happened, if it is "normal" or not, also to get an idea of how to get down

On a side note you mention something about charges for the Baton and Sword but I'm confused about number and what they are used for. I'm guessing the base stats are short sword and club or quarterstaff thus making them monk weapons for me?

Last edited:

Archon Basileus

First Post
ICOSA

As the gun merges with the Warforged's arm, Icosa feels a distinct force struggling against him. The weapon finds rest within the Warforged, and as it does, strange lines of command, strange thoughts, pervade his mind. Something communicates with him through codes - a form of communication quite distinct than the one employed by Jocasta. As the merging ends, the arm seems to obey Icosa's commands normally, but it responds to the gestures as if intent on learning how to perform them. The codes swirl, and a small line of communication appears upon Icosa's eyes.

"Waiting for droid unit ID...
Unit identified. Installation complete."

"Unit ICOSA. I am the Combat and Exploration Semiomantic Module... Alias. COSIMO.
Asserting the situation... now."

The thing begins to load an immense line of commands. Soon, it spills out a general evaluation of the group's position, as well as a list of available actions. It seems to be making a lot of decisions on its own, though...

@Shayuri, Icosa just gained an intelligent lasgun. The lasgun has a will of its own and is capable of communication. It delivers 3d6+3 points of damage, allowing for a +5 aim. It also allows for the analysis of materials and enemies, delivering a +1 damage bonus for every three levels Icosa has. The gun can also employ a location spell three times a day, choosing between Detect Good or Evil. It DOES, however, have a mind of its own, and it might fight you to do certain things you're not willing to do or refuse to do things you want to do. Icosa also feels that the lasgun's hiding info from him deliberately. HE might be able to pull it out of it, but it might be risky....]

EVERYONE

After the shock, the Captain just falls silent. Ajax, though, rises a surprised eyebrow at the prince's observation.

"Have you come across the myth of the Seven Hells?" - he delivers the question with a grimacing face. "I believe some truths are universal, after all, even in shape! What do your people remember of it? I keep telling these idiots here that they should keep watch, but they don't believe me." - he himself mounts the bestial armor for now. "Maybe you'll have better luck. Maybe they'll take it for real before they themselves face a demon..." - a brief debate ensues. Clearly, Sisyphus and Hermes do not share Ajax' concerns. Ulisses and the Captain refrain from speaking.

Meanwhile, Harfik struggles with memories not his own to uncover the mysteries behind the weapons. Clearly, the effects spurred from Semiomancy, the closest thing Teraphim scientists have to a religion - or magic. Semiomancy reveals te hidden qualities of an item and its craftsman, linking it to the very soul of the user. Teraphim seem quite jealous of such weapons, and it is an honor to receive a set of these. The Captain, as it goes, seems to be far more pragmatic. Semiomancy is a means to an end as far as his mind understands. As for the languages themselves, they seem to have been taught to the semiomancers long ago by beings with the power of gods - if not gods themselves. The conflagration certainly happened because of the crossing of Semiomancy and magic, turning the forces in place less stable. The details of the transition still elude Harfik, though.

As the forces prepare to leave, they are taken through the many rooms, separated from each other by glass walls. At the front, an even larger room stores deactivated suits. After an improvised access, what seems to be a fortress door - among many others, is opened with no small amount of noise, red lights and warnings. Beyond, a great stone hall, gleaming in blue light, houses many edged stones - some of them the size of ten humans. They shed their strange light through the caves and even beyond, through observation glasses placed at the front walls of the Sanctum. The air holds a strange, sour smell to it, as well as the waters that form a mirror on the cave's floor. Amidst the stones and the accumulated water, many machines - probably mining equipment - lay abandoned. The heroes were entering the caves, in order to find their way down.

[Ok... This is how it goes. The one with the highest dungeoneering/survival/cartography level rolls a D20. The others can go for a group effort. Anyone with location equipment gains advantage at the rolls. You have to reach a certain limit before finding the right spot. The rooms you'll traverse will be an answer to your roll levels. This should enhance the labyrinthine sensation you'll get from it. Brace yourselves. Things are about to heat up... :p

EDIT: taking a look at your sheets, I'd be between Lyllie or Thulwar. Since [MENTION=23298]industrygothica[/MENTION] will be on the road, [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION], please, have Thulwar roll for Investigation - DC's a secret! Those willing to help can roll, and I'll turn it into a group test automatically. Also, forgive the Pathfinder lingo... Some passions are hard to leave behind. :p]

@Neurotic @Shayuri @industrygothica @JustinCase @Greenmtn

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[roll0]
[roll1] If advantage
Add +2 if item bonus applies to this use, I will write everything down once I return from the trip

Greenmtn

Explorer
OOC: Rolling intelligence to see if I can assist who ever is leading us by tapping into Teraphim knowledge. [roll0] Survival isn't the best so I shouldn't be the lead on this one.
Or maybe a Survival check to assist who ever is the lead on this one? [roll1]

Remove ads